This goes with that

l1onqueen

After reading the "If you have this, you don't need that thread" I thought it would be cool to have a thread were we listed eyeshadow combinations. I'm new to mac, (but totally addicted) and already have 17 shadows. Somehow I am still at a loss for looks. What are some of your favorite E/S combo's?
I'll go first:

I like to pair All That Glitters w/ Cool Heat

lcristina

Oh goodness! Where can I start? LOL. I love rocking shore leave all over my lid with pink pearl all over my crease and vibrant grape all up in my outer corner.

Or Cool heat in the inner corner and time and space on the outer half of the lid with magnetic fields in the crease.

What colors do you have? Are you into bright or more natural looks? How many colors do you apply on your eyes? (Sorry, I get really excited when I hear that people are new to color combos. Hehe.)

Shaquille

I am not a shadow person.. but you can check out my bible
greengrin.gif
MAC Eyeshadow Combinations - Updated 08/19/08

greeneyes81

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcristina
Oh goodness! Where can I start? LOL. I love rocking shore leave all over my lid with pink pearl all over my crease and vibrant grape all up in my outer corner.

LOL @ "all up in my outer corner"!! I thought i was the only one who said things like that!!

greeneyes81

Quote:

LOL @ "all up in my outer corner"!! I thought i was the only one who said things like that!!

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes81

LOL!! I thought "I" was too!!

l1onqueen

Quote:

Or Cool heat in the inner corner and time and space on the outer half of the lid with magnetic fields in the crease.

What colors do you have? Are you into bright or more natural looks? How many colors do you apply on your eyes? (Sorry, I get really excited when I hear that people are new to color combos. Hehe.)

I'm a newbie so dont laugh....I have sumptuous olive, expensive pink, scene, silver ring, black tied, cool heat, honey lust, handwritten, romping, sweet lust, trax, twinks, knight divine, parfait amour, stars and rockets, sable, rule, all that glitters, smoking eyes quad (next to nothing, satin taupe, showstoper, smoking) groundwork, rubenesque, Delft, Artifact, and constuctivist paint pots ...All that and I dont know what to with it!

lcristina

Wow! That's a nice collection! I would suggest playing with your makeup. LOL. I know it sounds lame, but it's the best way to find looks that really work well with one another. Try mixing purples with greens, browns with pinks, or pinks and purples and then you can always turn everything you do into a smokey by adding black tied to your crease.

I'll be back to give better examples. Hehe.

lcristina

I've been eyeballing parfait amour... I have not purchased it because I have more than 5 purple colors already.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for purples.
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
I've been eyeballing parfait amour... I have not purchased it because I have more than 5 purple colors already.

smiles.gif

OMG So do I :/

I have over half a palette full of just purples LOL

lcristina

You can try silver ring all over your lid, stars n rockets in the crease and parfait amour in the outer corner. That seems pretty.
smiles.gif

KikiB

My new favourite combo is Beautiful Iris on the lid, Violet pigment in the crease, Fuschia pigment on the outer corner, and Crystal Avalanche as a highlight. The best part of that is that all the products are perm line.

Another good one is Solar White or Claire de Lune all over from lash to brow, Moon's Reflection on the lid, Pagan on the inner corner, Cool Heat on the outer third, and then Aire-de-Blu in the crease. You can also do Teal or Mutiny there.

A good yellow/orange look that I do that isn't all MAC is Golden Lemon pigment on the inner third of the lid as well as lower liner, UD Jones in the middle, and Fuschia pigment on the outer third. Claire de Lune is the highlight of choice, as it's pretty neutral.

For a pink, I do Canton Candy base on the lid, Solar White as highlight, Angelcake on the lid, Royal Flush pigment on the outer third, Pink Pearl in the crease, Fuschia pigment as lower liner, and Pinkcraft Liquidlast, or Too Faced Super Freak if you really are feeling like amping it up, as top liner.

Whiterz

Quote:

smiles.gif

ohhh me too!!! i am the purple-people-wearer! lol

you know what's weird though, parfait amour is my least favorite mac shadow
ssad.gif

i just LOVE the color but hate the consistency...

ledonatella

My current fave combo I've been wearing all week is using my Laura Mercier Platinum Metallic eye cream as a base, then applying Shore Leave all over, Lotusland all over the lid, and Little Minx on the outer V up to the crease and then Sunset B in the crease. And then to jazz it up for a night out, I substitute Graphology instead of Little Minx & Sunset B on the outer V and into the crease. I use Blitz and Glitz fluidline uppper and lower lashline, and use my pencil brush (I forget the #) to smudge UD Oil Slick over the liner line.

lcristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
My new favourite combo is Beautiful Iris on the lid, Violet pigment in the crease, Fuschia pigment on the outer corner, and Crystal Avalanche as a highlight. The best part of that is that all the products are perm line.

Another good one is Solar White or Claire de Lune all over from lash to brow, Moon's Reflection on the lid, Pagan on the inner corner, Cool Heat on the outer third, and then Aire-de-Blu in the crease. You can also do Teal or Mutiny there.

A good yellow/orange look that I do that isn't all MAC is Golden Lemon pigment on the inner third of the lid as well as lower liner, UD Jones in the middle, and Fuschia pigment on the outer third. Claire de Lune is the highlight of choice, as it's pretty neutral.

For a pink, I do Canton Candy base on the lid, Solar White as highlight, Angelcake on the lid, Royal Flush pigment on the outer third, Pink Pearl in the crease, Fuschia pigment as lower liner, and Pinkcraft Liquidlast, or Too Faced Super Freak if you really are feeling like amping it up, as top liner.

Pretty!

lcristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterz
ohhh me too!!! i am the purple-people-wearer! lol

you know what's weird though, parfait amour is my least favorite mac shadow
ssad.gif

i just LOVE the color but hate the consistency...

Is the consistency that bad? Oh well.. I think I'm gonna trade in my 6 empties for it just because it's still so pretty. Hehe.

l1onqueen

Quote:

smiles.gif

me too! OMG, I only have MAC purples, but I have tons of CG, milani, and loreal purples! It my favorite color. Hey I just noticed Im wearing a purle shirt today too!