This money is burning a hole in my pocket...

singer92286

Alright, so I just got a $35 certificate to Sephora, and I rarely shop there as it's no where near where I live and I mainly buy MAC.

I've spent some time bopping around the sight and reading Sephora's as well as Specktra's reviews on some products but am now torn....

What should I get?!

The Kat Von D Palette in Metal Orchestra
Sephora: Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Metal Orchestra: Eyeshadow

The Kat Von D Palette in Ludwig
Sephora: Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Ludwig: Eyeshadow Sets

The Kat Von D Palette in Beethoven
Sephora: Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Beethoven: Eyeshadow Sets

Or NARS eye shadow in Night Clubbing
Sephora: NARS Single Eye Shadow: Eyeshadow

I've read good and bad things about all these items. I'm a sucker for the Kat Von D Packaging even though I've heard mixed reviews on the quality of the shadows.

I wear a lot of darker neutral colors as well as blacks and greys. I have some colors in my palette, but not anything crazy. I have fair skin, brown eyes, and dark brown hair.

What do you think?!

Kiss and Makeup

I have the palette in Ludwig, and I absolutely love the eyeshadows! They're really satiny, go on well and are REALLY pigmented. They blend well, and make a great smokey eye. The brushes they come with are awesome, too. They're like lip brushes..no cheap cotton covered stick! I'd recommend one of the palettes. I LOVE Metal Orchestra..I didn't know she had a new one! Beethoven's really pretty, but the dark sparkly purple (second from the right) doesn't have a good payout. Also, the Metal Orchestra and the Beethoven seem to have a lot of similar colors. Since you like to wear darker colors, I'd recommend Metal Orchestra.

Another thing, Sephora sound be having their Friends and Family sale soon, so I'd hold off for that. It should be around the second week of November. No definite dates, so keep checking the website!

lethaldesign

NARS Night Clubbing is GORGEOUS. however, you will get more color options with the Kat Von D palettes. I checked these out in person the other day (except for Metal Orchestra which wasn't out at the time) & both Beethoven & Lugwig are stunning. The majority of the shadows appear to have very good color payoff & the combos are limitless. I think you'd be good with either of the palettes, just depending on your color preferences!

singer92286

Thank you all!!!

I think I'm going to get a Kat Von D palette... I still can't decide which one, but I think it's kind of more bang for my buck!!

Miz Pina

I just bought the KVD Ludwig palette last weekend it's definitely the more neutral-brown of the palettes. That Metal Orchestra one looks great, though. I haven't tried any other Sephora branded items but so far I am pretty happy with the pigmentation & texture of it.

singer92286

I ended up getting the Ludwig Palette and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm such a sucker though, the packaging and the palette are just so freaking cute!!

Thanks to all of you for your opinions
smiles.gif