those fake MAC cream eyeshadow palettes...

II3rinII

so this poor girl came into my store the other day and pulled one of those fake palettes out of her purse and said "can you tell me if this is fake? my boyfriend bought it for me". i took half a glance and knew "yes dear thats fake, im sorry. did he get it off ebay?". she said he had and she figured it was fake, he was trying to do something nice, so he left bad feedback on the seller and claimed she sold him fake stuff, but now the seller is harrassing him and he keeps getting emails from all kinds of people that are threatening and rude. i feel bad for her, and him for that matter. appearently this seller has like amazing feedback, even though shes peddling fake MAC. its annoying!! but i will say it was interesting to see one of those palettes in person and yes it is incredibly easy to tell how fake it is!

redambition

If the buyer is getting harassing emails to do with a finished ebay transaction, i'd suggest reporting the seller to ebay.

sadly there are counterfeit sellers who think that these sorts of tactics are perfecctly ok.

erine1881

i had a girl a couple months ago bring one in asking what color from her palette would go with an outfit.

it said 12 creme shadow palette on the outside, but when you opened it each shadow was powder and dome shaped.

you'd think the first clue that it was fake was that the creme shadow palette contained powder shadows.
th_dunno.gif

User27

"can you tell me if this is fake? my boyfriend bought it for me". i took half a glance and knew "yes dear thats fake, im sorry. did he get it off ebay?".
I'm glad you still have the decency to let people know when their products are fake. First employee I handed my Silver Fog to rushed and said it's real to the point I turned to her colleague who gave me the time of day who found the flaws that I saw as well. Some MAC employees are afraid to get involved it seems like but I don't know why...I was the person stupid enough to bid on the pigment so it's not like I blamed MAC for it. Now I only buy pigments from MAC or CCO's but I love the employees who look out for the person before they use that stuff on their face...they're getting harder to come by though. You did the right thing by her and she'll probably buy from your counter later for you looking out for her. Her bf has full rights to report the seller and anyone they get involved as well though....it's done through Trust and Safety. Lengthy report but I had to do it before as well. Congrats on giving a damn madam.
yes.gif

Cutetoughgirl

Tonight my neighbour upstairs was droolin' over my Style Warriors Haul (I went a little overboard) and she told me about her ''mac cream eyeshadows'' I asked her what colour it was and she said it came in a pallette. I was suspicious and asked where she got it and she said ''ebay''. I have heard about these fake pallettes and asked her to show it to me. Clearly fake, and the dome shaped colours that were powder. Sad thing was that some of the colours were really intense, and did peak my interest (if only for a split second). Needless to say, I told her we'd go shopping on Sat for some ''real'' MAC. Although I may have to disguise myself as they all know me by name and its kinda embarassing. The funniest thing about it is that I spend rediculous amounts of money and usually buy up almost all the new stuff, and yet when I go there I think maybe ONCE I actually had makeup on!!!! Bet they wonder what I do with it!!!!!!