those new enV phones

kimmy

are pretty much the same thing as a Sidekick, but they're for Verizon. which is great, since i have and am pretty happy with Verizon. i always wanted a Sidekick, but i refuse to go with T-mobile. but now that i think about it...i want it, but i don't know if i should go for it.

i text ALOT, so the enV would be really good for that. and i like surfing the internet all randomly, which would be made easier by the enV, plus i don't have regular internet access at my dad's house, so it'd be good for checking email and stuff while i'm there. but...i'm kind of hesitant now because they're like $300, and for me that's almost a whole month of work. plus the extra money for the plan add-on (which i'm assuming is probably between $20-50 extra per month)

does anyone have a Sidekick or enV? are they really worth the money?

MACActress

It is a lot of extra money. I have the old version of the enV, and I love it. I don't use it for e-mail or internet, b/c the services are too pricy and I'm in and have 500 txts so I just mainly txt. Sometimes I use it for aim, it works great. The only thing I don't like about it is the size, and the enV is much smaller than the old version so you'll have no problem with that. If you don't use it for video and just want the data services (e-mail and some other stuff I think) then it'll be about $20 more per month I think.

laurenmo88

if you buy the enV online like i did, you can do a mail in rebate type of thing - mine ended up costing like 80 or something, but also my plan was up and i had been waiting two years to get a new phone - so to me it was totally worth it...

and the microphone & speaker are way better htan on the sidekick

Janice

I'm partial to the SK3 myself, it's intuitive and the menu interface with hot buttons is unparalleled. It's a surprisingly sohphisticated phone, though it does have some drawbacks, you can read my review. There is a rebate for the SK3 as well as the enV bringing them to a more affordable price. These types of phones walk the line between PDA and a "normal" phone, but lack some features which make them fall short of a PDA but give you a dimension of social connectivity that PDA's lack. There aren't many phones in that niche marketed in the US.

I dropped Cingular when I got my SK3, and have been happy with my service from T-Mobile. I don't think I've ever gotten off the phone with a wireless carrier and been pleased with my conversation and felt that the rep handled my needs while making sure my "customer experience" was good. T-mo also takes every care possible to keep your data private and no information is actually stored on your phone but rather securely in t-mo's data centers. This means if your phone is lost or stolen all your private data will be removed as soon as you report it. That's really important because of the personal and rather private nature that comes along with "social" draw of these phones.

I would have to see the enV in person, but have to admit I am partial to the sidekick. I would suggest getting a feel for both phones in person, that way you can make an educated decision on which will work best for you. It's a pretty big investment for a cell phone.

MiCHiE

I love the SK3, but I cannot pay these crazy amounts for the half-baked DATA plans. Hell, I have a sprint.com address, unlimited internet, pictures and video for $15. But, if Sprint had this phone I would be all over it.