~{Tim Gunn's Guide to Style}~

Indigowaters

Has anyone else been following this show? I
heart.gif
it! I love the way he talks and stands though, it cracks me up.
lmao.gif
And to have that gorgeous woman of a model Veronica Webb shopping with you is SUCH a bonus. But it's so funny because she calls herself the Lingerie B----. That's because she has to go through people's underwear drawers. Lol. If you haven't watched, it's like a version of What Not To Wear but you know they're coming and they let you keep a few items of clothing as your "core" and then take you shopping for the basics. But they actually had one woman cursing up a storm because she was afraid her coworkers were going to see her underthings on tv.
ssad.gif
I felt so bad for her. But in the end, they made her look FABOLOUS! (I know it's not spelled "right", look it up, lol.)
thmbup.gif

Corvs Queen

Re: ~{Tim Burton's Guide to Style}~

I think you mean Tim Gunn. Not Burton. Burton is the mastermind behind Nightmare Before Christmas,The Corpse Bride and Big Fish as many other great movies.

Indigowaters

Lol. Thanks for the correction ladies. I don't know why I had that name on my mind, I never watched any one of those movies.
rofl.gif

komischkatze

lmao.gif
That was fabulous. When I saw "Tim Burton's Guide to Style" I was like o_O.

Ahem. I love Tim Gunn. I love to watch Project Runway and Tim is my fav thing about the show so this is great. The things he says and the way he says them... I really love that he seems to care so much. I like to watch What Not to Wear but they (especially Stacy) come off so push sometimes. Tim Gunn really seems concerned about how all this change effects people emotionally. I lurv him so. And I loooove when they go to the designers... all those clothes. Mm.

Indigowaters

Lol. I love Project Runway too. I watch WNTW and laugh at the things they say to people. But Guide to Style does seem to make more of an emotional change too. I also love the fact that the show opens you up to new things because I never knew Carmen Marc Valvo had clothing for plus size women. Quote:
Originally Posted by komischkatze
lmao.gif

Ahem. I love Tim Gunn. I love to watch Project Runway and Tim is my fav thing about the show so this is great. The things he says and the way he says them... I really love that he seems to care so much. I like to watch What Not to Wear but they (especially Stacy) come off so push sometimes. Tim Gunn really seems concerned about how all this change effects people emotionally. I lurv him so. And I loooove when they go to the designers... all those clothes. Mm.

aziajs

I love Tim Gunn. I love him on Project Runway. I do, however, dislike Veronica Webb. I've never liked her. She just seems cold.

komischkatze

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I love Tim Gunn. I love him on Project Runway. I do, however, dislike Veronica Webb. I've never liked her. She just seems cold.

I didn't really have any opinion about her prior to this show. I know her name and face, I've seen her in ads... but don't really know anything about her. I did think she seemed a bit cold on the first episode but it hasn't bothered me as much in subsequent episodes.

Indigowaters

I thought the same thing. And is it me or does she remind anyone of Halle Berry? Quote:
I didn't really have any opinion about her prior to this show. I know her name and face, I've seen her in ads... but don't really know anything about her. I did think she seemed a bit cold on the first episode but it hasn't bothered me as much in subsequent episodes.

archangeli

Quote:
lmao.gif

Hehehe - me too!! @__@"

I love Tim Gunn though. "Make it work, people, make it work!"

j_absinthe

I don't think Veronica is cold per se, but she just doesn't seem to have presence, at least not yet anyway. She's got her moments though.

I adore Tim Gunn though. This show rocks, and when Project Runway 4 comes out in November, I'll be nutty.

QTAllStarGurl

OH MY GOSH! why do i not know about this show....what channel and what time is it on!?! i luv tim gunn...."what happened to andre?" lmao...."carry on" ahhhh i luv him so much and i love when santino used 2 do impressions of him lmao

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTAllStarGurl
OH MY GOSH! why do i not know about this show....what channel and what time is it on!?! i luv tim gunn...."what happened to andre?" lmao...."carry on" ahhhh i luv him so much and i love when santino used 2 do impressions of him lmao

It's on Bravo, new episodes every Thursday evening.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTAllStarGurl

I loved Santino's impressions too. Sometimes I could have sworn it was Tim.