To my Desi/South Asian sisters out there! And everyone else too, actually! :)

smoohead

Lol @ need to purge =)

I also have pigmented lips and dark eyelids so colors show up darker on me than they do on everyone else. I really wanted to get "Unflappable" from the Peacocky Collection but I'm afraid it'll look black on my eyelids! I need to get into the habit of concealing all around my eyes.

aradhana

don't know if you still have mehr, but you could try it with spice lip pencil...mehr looked a little off on me at first, so at first i tried it with a dark liner...but spice looks more natural. i know it doesn't seem like a logical match in terms of colour family, but for some reason it works!

i had the concealer lip problem with yash as well, but i haven't had a chance to play around with it at all to try and get it to work.

And yes, MC was a disappointment for me too. I like the quad since it looks so natural on me, and I liked Siahi too (photographs really well) and Sur is a nice natural colors on me. But I had to give away Yash l/s because it gave me concealer lips and Mehr l/s isn't too nice on me either... I could probably pull it off with a dark lipliner but I hate dark lipliners. I thought these lip colors would work for those of us with more pigmented lips, guess not. I already own Mocha and it looks orange on me and I didn't get Gulabi or any of the single shadows because my resolution this year to buy more wearable makeup.

antigone21

Does anyone that is nc40-42 use MUFE face&body?

When I realized that The Bay closed down the MUFE counter and that MAC had taken the whole space, I placed an order on Sephora and based my colour choice on swatches online. I chose Honey Beige 34 and my order is in the mail. Then I saw more swatches online and started freaking out that this could be too light. I also ordered the Full Cover concealer in Golden Beige 10. Do you guys think I made the right choice? I am south asian/caucasian, pink and yellow undertones, nc40-42, L'oréal sun beige, Lancôme bisque 6.

angelynv

Hey Smoohead! I have had similar problems in the past trying to find foundation which matches me in such a way as to create a natural finish and not have that weird line which differentiates between my neck and face! Quite simply living in the UK with the crappy weather year round means that I rarely get a tan on my body, yet my face can pick up a slight tan in just a little sun. I now wear No 7 anti dark spot sun protection cream in factor 30 year round. This prevents my skin on my face from tanning much at all so it means there isnt that much of a discrepancy between face and body colour. Secondly, I went through a search on a par with the Holy Grail (LOL!!) and detailed my trials to find the perfect foundation on my blog so please read and see if this is of any help (if you like what you see it would be cool if you subbed my blog also ! lol!) http://frivolousbyangel5ace.blogspot.com/2010/11/tips-and-tricks-how-to-choose-correct.html

HTH!!

xxx

My Blog: www.frivolousbyangel5ace.blogspot.com

angelynv

Oh and I forgot to say the foundie I decided on in the end was Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuse (I am NC42-43), the second best one I found was Armani Luminous Silk in I think no 8 (or 6.5) cant remember which and I also really liked Smashbox Healthy FX in medium 3. I also like to buff in a matt bronzer (only a couple shades darker than my skin) around the temples and jaw line of my face to get more of a dimensional and natural look (I use NARS Laguna bronzer).

rahana

Hi guys!
I'm new to specktra, and this is the first thread I've ever seen dedicated to desis on a makeup forum, and I'm so thrilled to find it! I need some serious help.

I'm a MUFE153/NC 40 and I'm trying to find more lip color to suit me. I have darkly pigmented lips- they are purple-brown, not pink. I have a hard time finding lipstick that suits me and my favorite shade has been discontinued (MAC Destined). I am on my last stick.
It would be nice to find another color. Pinks don't suit me, and I like mattes and cremes. Frosty/glittery shades make me look strange.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

angelynv

Hi Rahana welcome! My sister in law (NC44)has really pigmented lips and her lips are lovely and full also so a lovely feature that she loves to accentuate and make a focus so she uses MAC Stripdown lipliner with any colours that may not show up well on their own. x

aradhana

hi rahana
i had a look on makeupalley after reading your post to find out what Destined looked like. seems like a very pretty colour, though i can't think of any permanent mac lipsticks that are quite like it.
have you tried something like mac's taupe? i don't think it's as dark as destined, but its a nice reddish brown matte shade.
how do you feel about purpley colours?

Hi guys!
I'm new to specktra, and this is the first thread I've ever seen dedicated to desis on a makeup forum, and I'm so thrilled to find it! I need some serious help.

I'm a MUFE153/NC 40 and I'm trying to find more lip color to suit me. I have darkly pigmented lips- they are purple-brown, not pink. I have a hard time finding lipstick that suits me and my favorite shade has been discontinued (MAC Destined). I am on my last stick.
It would be nice to find another color. Pinks don't suit me, and I like mattes and cremes. Frosty/glittery shades make me look strange.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

rahana

Hi Rahana welcome! My sister in law (NC44)has really pigmented lips and her lips are lovely and full also so a lovely feature that she loves to accentuate and make a focus so she uses MAC Stripdown lipliner with any colours that may not show up well on their own. x
Ooh it looks interesting- the reviews look good and the color seems about right. I have put it on my list. Thanks!

rahana

Aradhana,
I'm still sad about destined- the pictures don't do it justice. It's the same shade as terracotta pots they use in India. Oh well. Taupe makes me look dead. I've tried it but it's a bit too ashy for my skintone. I do like purple shades very much!

aradhana

terracotta pots - that DOES sound nice... i can imagine the shade, but i don't think i have anything quite like that in my collection....
the closest thing i could find was a lip wax from armani, but even then i think it's more cocoa than terracotta.

for purpley shades i think captive is really nice and very classic looking... i think it's a satin or something. (i'm a big fan of mattes and cremes myself)

Aradhana, I'm still sad about destined- the pictures don't do it justice. It's the same shade as terracotta pots they use in India. Oh well. Taupe makes me look dead. I've tried it but it's a bit too ashy for my skintone. I do like purple shades very much!

nazih09

I loooove this thread. I've been silently following for a long time now lol, you guys have amazing recommendations! I'm bengali, NC42 :)

I'm looking for a blush for everyday, I've had my eye on margin, sunbasque, and peachtwist. Which do you guys think I should purchase since they're all pretty similar.

rahana

I really like peachtwist, but the one I find myself reaching for lately is the Mighty Aphrodite from WW. It really pops, and you might be able to get it in stores or on ebay. It's simply gorgeous, and the darker shade is great for contouring.

I loooove this thread. I've been silently following for a long time now lol, you guys have amazing recommendations! I'm bengali, NC42 :)

I'm looking for a blush for everyday, I've had my eye on margin, sunbasque, and peachtwist. Which do you guys think I should purchase since they're all pretty similar.

rahana

I found a few earthy shades at Bobbi Brown that look similar to destined, but I do want something new.
I like the look of Captive a lot. Can't wait to try it out at the store.

nazih09

I have MA! I'm actually a little disappointed with that purchase, it just didn't live up to the hype for me. But gorgeous color in the pan nonetheless How would you use it for contouring? I'm just starting to contour, and would love to know any extra tips!

rahana

http://www.temptalia.com/tutorial-contour-blush-highlighting-the-face

I pretty much do that, but I use the darker color in the MA compact instead of bronzer for my cheekbones. Bronzer makes me look too orange.

I have MA! I'm actually a little disappointed with that purchase, it just didn't live up to the hype for me. But gorgeous color in the pan nonetheless How would you use it for contouring? I'm just starting to contour, and would love to know any extra tips!

starryskies

hey guys,

summer is here, how are you all making your look more summery? i've been using more coral colors.. and trying to keep the focus on nice glowy skin. what is everyone else doing to suit the season :)

sindu3

Hey Zerin! I love reading your posts on this thread! You're awesome. I'm in the same boat as your are........I don't know any desis that are crazy and Obsessed with makeup like we are! I need someone close to my skintone to go MAC/Sephora shopping with me. I don't trust the MUA at those stores only because I feel that they always say things look good on me when it really doesn't. I'm from Toronto as well. Lemme know if you're interested ;) What bronzer do you use? I've tried so many and can't seem to be satisfied with one :( Take care and looking forward to ur reply ;)

serendipity14

Hello

I wanted to ask you for blush recommendations if that is okay. I use a lot of MAC neutrals...

MY SKIN COLOUR BACKGROUND

Face powder - medium dark mineralize skin finish natural & C40 studio fix
Cover ups
Face Body Foundation -
Select cover up - NC 45
Select moisture cover - NW30
Studio Finish Concealer - NC 45
Studio Touch Up Stick - NC 42

Eyes - I have:
Woodwinked
Arena
Hush
Clue
Satin Taupe

Lips:
Back to Del Rio
Hug Me
Freckle Tone
Twig
Viva Glam V

Gloss:
Lustreglass
Viva Glam V
Lust

Liners:
Plum Royale
Hover
Honey B.
Plum
Beurre

I am looking for a blush that does not have that sparkle to it...more mat...I tried Bobbi Brown but its tooooo pigmented

I have sunbasque, Nars Orgasm and Mocha but the Mocha is old so it not picking up...

What can you recommend for a nice natural blush without shimmer?????

I am thinking of buying / checking this summer:
Soba, Ricepaper, Soft Brown, Sable
Nymphette, Lychee Luxe, Deelight
Syrup, Plumful, Vegas Volt
Subculture, pink treat

Any Thoughts??

THANK YOU KINDLY IN ADVANCE!