To quit or not to quit

patty006

Hello all, I recently got a job as a cosmetician at a store here in New Brunswick, Canada. Its at the Atlantic superstore. I worked for shoppers drugmart for years and loved it. I just find this job is totally different. Im losing out on commission as well so I find I don't get to do as much makeup or help people as much as i'd like. I find its all putting up labels and stock and such. Im frustrated because I have years of experience and im both certified in hair as well as cosmetology. I just finally realized my passion and makeup is what I want to do as a career but I feel stuck sometimes in these jobs that dont get to show off my skills and I feel that they hold me back. If anyone has any helpful advice on what I should do or how to start my own business it would be greatly appriciated!!!!
th_confused_new.gif
:confused:

CrimsonCountess

I can relate to what you are saying. I feel "stuck" in my current position (not in cosmetic/skin care industry). What I had to do what come up with a game plan and determine where I want to be and how I am going to get there.

Is your current job what it was portrayed to be when you got hired or is it completely different? If it is different, you may want to speak to your supervisor and get clarification as to if your current duties are the jist of the job or if this is what you are doing in the short term until other opportunities present themselves.

Then make your decision from there as to whether you can stick it out and learn lessions or skills in the present or whether you need to refresh your resume and look for something else.

maxcat

Simple advice- if it's sucking the soul out of you, find a new gig. Treat it as a learning experience - you know what to ask your next employer.
But don't quit until you have another job. You've got bills to pay and you don't know how long it will take you to find something else.