Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Medgal07

The eye and cheek palette is pretty enticing as I like the color scheme much better than last year's version.
Me too Bronwyn. This palette really appeals to me---I hate that!
girlhaha.gif

RuLaRu

So im just wondering fellow ford fans, i think counter services differ from here in the uk to america, do the uk counters offer pre orders ? iv never encountered them.

Sadly my local tom ford counter is a mess lately, new sales assistant's every week who really don't represent the brand well, i seen the newest one clean her nails while two customers were waiting to be served only a few steps in front of her
001_unsure.gif
. luckily the manager is lovely and i only shop when she's working
amuse.gif

mkoparanova

So im just wondering fellow ford fans, i think counter services differ from here in the uk to america, do the uk counters offer pre orders ? iv never encountered them.

Sadly my local tom ford counter is a mess lately, new sales assistant's every week who really don't represent the brand well, i seen the newest one clean her nails while two customers were waiting to be served only a few steps in front of her
001_unsure.gif
amuse.gif
sick.gif

I've never encountered it either. But I've noticed that things don't sell out so fast here, so we don't really need to pre order.

mango13

Mango, Mango---where were you when I needed someone to talk me out of the Eye & Cheek palette
th_happy1.gif
I also loathe co-mingled makeup products but

I caved. I was weak! I have the TF Shade & Illuminate duo palette and although I LOVE the shade portion I don't even touch the illuminate side. The illuminate cream is
white and the brown shade cream has migrated a wee bit (with my help) and that annoys the heck out of me. What a waste---I wish they would sell them separately.
I feel you, I've had this dilemma a few times and I always end up passing up because I have a very vivid memory of powders in cream products (blush in eyeshadows with powders) and that just makes me shudder. I'm also pretty close to caving, I'm trying to justify the palette... that Burgundy shadow is just so pretty and the one blush is also in a similar color family so it may not be that bad?!?! I can only imagine your Shade and Illuminate palette... I would spend hours trying to fix it and then just give up lol. It's just frustrating when you pay for a full product and can only use a portion. I'm hoping somebody comes out with more swatches of this palette ASAP seriously how is it that the net isn't flooded with swatches!?!?! If this palette ends up being a muddy mess it will definitely deter me in the future, but until then I hope this one will be different.

Bronwyn

I think I'm going to preorder the eye and cheek palette. It costs 105 cad before tax which isn't ridiculously higher than the U.S. price and then it's another 12 cad for shipping. Defs not cheap, but for the amount of product I consider it worth it.

Ernie

I'm going to go look at the whole thing in person, it will be easier, I think. I want to see the palette, eyeshadows and lippies. Meanwhile I was able to get a hold of Forbidden Pink l/s, here's a swatch. I love it.

Vineetha

Mango, Mango---where were you when I needed someone to talk me out of the Eye & Cheek palette
th_happy1.gif
I also loathe co-mingled makeup products but

I caved. I was weak! I have the TF Shade & Illuminate duo palette and although I LOVE the shade portion I don't even touch the illuminate side. The illuminate cream is
white and the brown shade cream has migrated a wee bit (with my help) and that annoys the heck out of me. What a waste---I wish they would sell them separately.
I hate co-mingled palettes too Meddy!! But mainly if its powder and cream together<------ Def a no Go! All powder doesnt bother me as much though I would have much preferred to have the shadows and Blush separate! I am quite happy they did the cream blush separate instead of adding it to the palette!!
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

001_unsure.gif
amuse.gif
That's disgusting
ohboy.gif
Thank goodness you have a good relationship with the manager!

Medgal07

I feel you, I've had this dilemma a few times and I always end up passing up because I have a very vivid memory of powders in cream products (blush in eyeshadows with powders) and that just makes me shudder. I'm also pretty close to caving, I'm trying to justify the palette... that Burgundy shadow is just so pretty and the one blush is also in a similar color family so it may not be that bad?!?! I can only imagine your Shade and Illuminate palette... I would spend hours trying to fix it and then just give up lol. It's just frustrating when you pay for a full product and can only use a portion. I'm hoping somebody comes out with more swatches of this palette ASAP seriously how is it that the net isn't flooded with swatches!?!?! If this palette ends up being a muddy mess it will definitely deter me in the future, but until then I hope this one will be different.
It was the burgundy shadow that ultimately caused me to go ahead and pre-order the eye/cheek palette....and the fact that it's all powder products, which are so much
easier to manage than creams.
sigh.gif

Medgal07

I hate co-mingled palettes too Meddy!! But mainly if its powder and cream together<------ Def a no Go! All powder doesnt bother me as much though I would have much preferred to have the shadows and Blush separate! I am quite happy they did the cream blush separate instead of adding it to the palette!!
icon_eek.gif
You know Vee, that's the only reason I preordered the palette----it's not a mixed media palette. I'm very happy about that!!!
th_DANCE.gif
I'm excited to get the cream blush in its
own compact too.

Medgal07

I melt for burgundy eyeshadow, and the peach blush looks nicer than love list
I'm right there with you on the burgundy eyeshadow---it immediately caught my attention. I'm eager to compare the palette blush to my Love Lust blush too.

Bronwyn

[COLOR=0000FF] I'm right there with you on the burgundy eyeshadow---it immediately caught my attention.  I'm eager to compare the palette blush to my Love Lust blush too.[/COLOR]
I like that the palette looks warm toned but is shades that should work on all skin tones. I think the gold shade is a "adult glitter" shade?

Bronwyn

Also, it's funny how I'm no longer willing to jump through to get le Mac stuff but for certain high end brands such as tf, I'll go the extra mile with emails, calls, texts, etc even though I seriously hate talking on the phone

elegant-one

so funny, I just got mine too, but I heavily swatched it so it looks different! Enjoy yours.
Hey friend!!! It is really pretty on. I just thought it was going to look different lol!!!

Yes, I guess I do sheer weeny swatches LOL! I did mine under a light at night since its been so dark & rainy every day. Yours shows the true pink side of it! Thanks!

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF] You know Vee, that's the only reason I preordered the palette----it's not a mixed media palette.  I'm very happy about that!!![/COLOR]:happydance: [COLOR=0000FF]I'm excited to get the cream blush in its[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   own compact [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]too.[/COLOR]
:frenz: Yesss!! Me too :amused: