Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Psych1

Swaaaatches!! This collection is my favorite of the year, so far! The cream shadows are giving me liiiiiife. I 100% need Midnight Sea. My SA said she'll be away over the weekend, boo! I love buying from her because she hooks me up with the samples. NM is also doing that fragrance/beauty GWP that is a cute tote I might use to wrap a gift for mothers day. Put the gift inside and tie the straps of the bag with a big bow! I'll probably pop in Monday to pick up MS and I'm debating getting a fluid sheer from Armani. They're soooooo prettttyyy! Anyway, onto the swatches! All taken facing a window, though it was a bit cloudy out!  ^ Naked Bronze and Golden Peach, just cream swatches.  ^ Naked Bronze & Golden Peach, with glitter toppers layered over it. [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] ^ This is the only swatch that looks inaccurate to me. It's not a hot pink / fuchsia in person, to me.  ^ left: two, unblended swipes. right: two, blended out swipes.  [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] ^ Cheek portion [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] ^ Eye portion. Bottom, horizontal swatch is the light shade and the glitter layered together.  [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] Better angle / view of the deepest shade. :) 
Awesome swatches! Everything is just stunning, this collection is just the star of summer, imo!

Psych1

I'm shy about posting swatches of my face, so I just settled on just my lips LOL. I'm wearing Paradiso and I'm facing a window with tons of beautiful natural sunlight. What do you ladies think, I'm liking it a lot more in the day then when I swatched/wore it at night. It was way too coral/orangey at night. If I don't pass it along to my mom, I guess it would be a day time only lipstick for me lol

Medgal07

i haven't gotten mine yet but im HOPING it pulls more pink cuz that's my reason for getting it. I already got ysl peach passion and #52 coral shade sooooo im set on corals this summer lol

that's my main reason for getting gold dust cuz im just envisioning myself with a Jlo glow slightly dusted across my cheeks as I magically grow a succulent booty like hers and just float around in that infamous green deep plunged Versace dress that solidified her style icony-ess
sigh.gif

I have officially added RS to my list to grab!! im staring at my cart of $240 liiiiiike
thud.gif
Exactly----me too! Fingers crossed babe!

Psych1

what is ur MS cuz I can only imagine as much as u got let alone how or what u store em in.... girl YOU!!!! maaaaan when I first came in the game never in a million years did I think i'd spend anything over $20 for a lippie let alone 50!! my first high end was dior lipglow but even with that I used my nordy notes (cant live without my lipglow) and then I tried YSL lippies n was blooown away-although the voluptes can be a tad TOO creamy but I just got into TF as of Jan and aint slowed up yet...well until this month after this collection lol oh nooooo im hoping my paradisco (why I keep add the C and nobody corrects I don't know lol) is more pink!! but knowin me i'll still keep it so I can have a pop color in my TF lippie collection other than Flame!
Haha, I was initially calling it Paradisco too, I don't know why I thought that was the actual name at first. Now that I've been playing with it during the day in the sun, I'm seeing a lot more pink and I really like how it looks on. Although, it's still definitely a corally/warm pink. No matter the lighting, I'm not getting the cool toned hot pink I was expecting. If I keep it, it'll be a daytime color for me, bc at night it was this weird orangey pink for some reason

Psych1

I think it's beautiful on you! I tried it on in store. It's pretty but I couldn't pull the trigger on it. I've got toooooooons of lippies and would rather invest in another duo and/or the bronzer. 
Thank you! that totally makes sense! My lipstick collection is getting out of control, so good for you for resisting! Especially with Paradiso, it's really not that unique, so it's not that difficult to skip.

laurennnxox

Thank you! that totally makes sense! My lipstick collection is getting out of control, so good for you for resisting! Especially with Paradiso, it's really not that unique, so it's not that difficult to skip.
My entire makeup collection quadrupled since joining specktra. I used to balk at spending more than $20 on a lipstick. Now I'm like, "$60 cream shadow? Suuuuuuuuuuure give me THREE!"
girlhaha.gif

I really love love love the white lipstick packaging though. If I get one, I'll probably get RS or Skinny Dip. I'm trying to hold off though. I can do it! I hope.

Ernie

I'm shy about posting swatches of my face, so I just settled on just my lips LOL. I'm wearing Paradiso and I'm facing a window with tons of beautiful natural sunlight. What do you ladies think, I'm liking it a lot more in the day then when I swatched/wore it at night. It was way too coral/orangey at night. If I don't pass it along to my mom, I guess it would be a day time only lipstick for me lol

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]Paradiso sure looks pink here![/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] I don't think you can get any pinker than that swatch.  Why, why it brings tears to my eyes:crybaby:   sniff.[/COLOR]
LOL, you guys are right! I'm seeing the pink a lot more today. On my lip swatch it's not as pink as my hand swatch, but it's a heck of a lot "pinker"/prettier than the mess I was seeing at night haha

Medgal07

Well, here's some crappy pics lol - really dark cloudy here today.

The bronzer below is the golden one. I did a heavy swatch & then a light one right next to it.

Oh they're GREAT pics. I love your selections, and I hope you love everything too. Just beautiful!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by charismafulltv

Just received my golden peach!!!
Yay!! How do you like it C????

Ernie

I think the star of the collection is the palette, I got it today and I was stunned at the beauty and quality of this palette. I will use every single shade in it and the pink/gold blush is like a sister to Pink Sand.

laurennnxox

Hi Tom Ford, this is Miss Bossy....I have an idea you need to do
rofl.gif
lol.gif
Too Funny! Reminds me of something that happened with my mom today in a Sephora...

I dragged her into one, because she came up to me and said "Can we go to the mall? I finally finished my foundation, 4 years later!" She wasn't kidding. I nearly lost my lunch right then and there. My mom barely wears makeup. She used to golf a lot before hurting her neck at work, so she has a bit of sun spots she likes to cover up. ANYWAY, all the SAs at sephora nearly *died* when I told them how long my mom was holding onto, and USING, that naaaaaaaasty foundation. My mom thought I was being dramatic until she saw how all the SAs reacted. So my mom goes, "I never knew that they expired so quickly! Sephora should send people emails reminding them to get new products a year or two after purchasing them... with maybe a coupon code. You know, for sanitary reasons!" and I laughed and thought it would be an interesting idea.

Ernie

I would like to see more shades in the cream blush. A baby raspberry  shade & a pinked nude :idea:
Yes please! Thanks for the fantastic swatches, love that you did a light and heavy swatch of the bronzer, may have to run into Bergdorfs tomorrow and look at that now. :encore:

elegant-one

what is ur MS cuz I can only imagine as much as u got let alone how or what u store em in....

girl YOU!!!! maaaaan when I first came in the game never in a million years did I think i'd spend anything over $20 for a lippie let alone 50!! my first high end was dior lipglow but even with that I used my nordy notes (cant live without my lipglow) and then I tried YSL lippies n was blooown away-although the voluptes can be a tad TOO creamy but I just got into TF as of Jan and aint slowed up yet...well until this month after this collection lol

oh nooooo im hoping my paradisco (why I keep add the C and nobody corrects I don't know lol) is more pink!! but knowin me i'll still keep it so I can have a pop color in my TF lippie collection other than Flame!
lol.gif
Its all addictive!
worms.gif
Speaking of Nordies Notes...I always spend them right away online & then get the paper note like a week or so later. I'm like dang I already spent you
noworry.gif

Hey, Paradiso will look A mazing on you!!!

Latest posts