Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Medgal07

My replacement SV is being delivered tomorrow! That came a lot faster than CS initially told me!

back on topic, i'm not sure how I'm feeling the noir collection. I've got my eyes set on some Christmas balls and Changel pretties.
That's great Lauren!! I expect the majority of my holiday coins will primarily go to Guerlain & Chanel.

Shars

I like the E/S and NP
eyelove.gif
That's the cream eyeshadow duo, no? We NEED it!
icon_eek.gif

Sugar & Spice

TF has to compete with CL.

There's no way he's not going to team up with Sephora knowing CL is sold there. CL did it right by starting out the gate at Sephora.

Who knows what TF profits could have been had he not tried to be "exclusive" and sold to Sephora from the beginning. TF wanted to appeal to wealth only not realizing the younger market may not be wealthy but we do heavily invest in cosmetics. So it was a bad marketing move for TF to exclude us from his target market as he realizes with the CL launch, CL lipsticks are $90 yet the younger market are the ones that are buying them.

GreenEyedAllie

TF has to compete with CL.

There's no way he's not going to team up with Sephora knowing CL is sold there. CL did it right by starting out the gate at Sephora.

Who knows what TF profits could have been had he not tried to be "exclusive" and sold to Sephora from the beginning. TF wanted to appeal to wealth only not realizing the younger market may not be wealthy but we do heavily invest in cosmetics. So it was a bad marketing move for TF to exclude us from his target market as he realizes with the CL launch, CL lipsticks are $90 yet the younger market are the ones that are buying them.
Oh I agree completely! I understand wanting to be 'exclusive.' CL took a shotgun to that Re: Spehora, though, huh? Because I think of CL being more or perhaps peer to TF in exclusivity with traditional offerings, so smart for them to be more expansive with beauty.

It does make me wonder if TF will try to out-do CL by offering some sort of special formula/packaging to get up in $$. Or will they simply raise their 'normal' lippie prices steadily to see what the market will take? There's been enough 'This lipstick is nice, but not $90 nice,' talk in most non-blogger circles (on the other hand...these things can't keep in stock) that I am interested to see how things play out.

awickedshape

Oh I agree completely! I understand wanting to be 'exclusive.' CL took a shotgun to that Re: Spehora, though, huh? Because I think of CL being more or perhaps peer to TF in exclusivity with traditional offerings, so smart for them to be more expansive with beauty.

It does make me wonder if TF will try to out-do CL by offering some sort of special formula/packaging to get up in $$. Or will they simply raise their 'normal' lippie prices steadily to see what the market will take? There's been enough 'This lipstick is nice, but not $90 nice,' talk in most non-blogger circles (on the other hand...these things can't keep in stock) that I am interested to see how things play out.

For real.

Sugar & Spice

Yeah I think for TF signing on with Sephora is going to be his saving grace because while all the hype is CL right now, as you stated most are not going to continue to buy a $90 lipstick when their are good cheaper alternatives such as TF. Now that TF has made himself massively available, his lipstick will now be the go to when one doesn't want to go extravagant with CL. So in the end it's still a win for him so he really doesn't need to change anything as increasing his prices outside the annual increase margin will do more harm than good at this point.

Gucci will more than likely remain exclusive because my Gucci SA told me that Gucci beauty is intended to be an extension of the Gucci experience. Meaning you go to the Gucci boutique and buy your outfit, handbag, and shoes then have your makeup done for your night out/special event. The beauty is just an added aspect and it's not trying to make a statement amongst other cosmetics which is why there's no seasonal collections. Items will be added periodically like there is a new mascara and eye cream skin care but there won't be massive collections being released. For holiday there will be gift sets but not anything new.

Prettypackages

Yeah I think for TF signing on with Sephora is going to be his saving grace because while all the hype is CL right now, as you stated most are not going to continue to buy a $90 lipstick when their are good cheaper alternatives such as TF. Now that TF has made himself massively available, his lipstick will now be the go to when one doesn't want to go extravagant with CL. So in the end it's still a win for him so he really doesn't need to change anything as increasing his prices outside the annual increase margin will do more harm than good at this point.

Gucci will more than likely remain exclusive because my Gucci SA told me that Gucci beauty is intended to be an extension of the Gucci experience. Meaning you go to the Gucci boutique and buy your outfit, handbag, and shoes then have your makeup done for your night out/special event. The beauty is just an added aspect and it's not trying to make a statement amongst other cosmetics which is why there's no seasonal collections. Items will be added periodically like there is a new mascara and eye cream skin care but there won't be massive collections being released. For holiday there will be gift sets but not anything new.
Not a bad plan. I kinda like that idea.

beautycool

Hi all I got to catch up but was just looking at my tom ford brush and my gosh my mouth just dropped As I took the plastic sleeve off my brush mmm the bristles are all over the place When I had bought this brush the bristles were sticking out abit but not as much as it is now Oh my I didn't take it on holiday with me as frightened I ruin it of lose it And I haven't washed it and I only have used it twice ( no need of me to wash it ) then Mmmmm what can I do I was going to cut bristles if could but I think there too many Mmm I'm going to wash it and put it in my cover things I bought with my brush tree Any other advice please :( gees these brushes are expensive makes me get put off buying a few more :(

Prettypackages

Any other advice please
ssad.gif
gees these brushes are expensive makes me get put off buying a few more
ssad.gif
can you wash it and reshape it? I'm sorry, I'm not much help, I am not sure what you mean by all over the place, and I don't have the brush. But that is what I do when the hairs of my brushes go wild.

beautycool

can you wash it and reshape it?  I'm sorry, I'm not much help, I am not sure what you mean by all over the place, and I don't have the brush.  But that is what I do when the hairs of my brushes go wild. 
Hi Hun thanks for the advice :) have just washed it and it has abit gone back into shape but bristles are sticking out abit it's the same ones as before lol Not to worry I just know not to buy them ones again and stick what I'm use to and know Like good old mac brushes :))))
ac9895bb_image.jpeg
I don't know if you can see this is before it was washed just now I just know not to buy one crazy brush at a ridiculous price when I have used it twice And that happens when I pull off the cover :(