Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

I agree that the blog calls her integrity into question. Reading it made me think that she has some sort of personal vendetta or grudge against the brand and/or TF. Really bizarre. Plus it sounded as if the only products that she had seen were in the photos from NM. I doubt that she had seen the entire collection either in person or in photos before writing that. It would be different if she had swatched everything and could honestly evaluate it.

Shypo

^^ ITA. She could find herself on the outs with other lines as well. I believe TF is owned by EL......probably not a corporation you want to alienate if you want to survive in the blogosphere. Not that you have to love everything you see (which she often does - another integrity question), but fairness should have some place in the process.

Haven

Thank you for the link. She certainly sounds like a scorned blogger. LOL! Maybe she asked for a freebie and was rejected?

I am going to order from NM online. Not waiting for the beauty event. I never use all of the samples anyway. Plus I can get a free gift with my TF purchase now.

Does anyone know if this collection is limited or going to become part of the permanent collection?
A TF SA from NM Beverly Hills called me to let me know that they had this collection in. She mentioned that the entire collection is limited edition. Just FYI. (Not that I would trust her 100% but...)

Winthrop44

Do you have another link? That's not the right one and I can't find the look on Temptalia no matter how hard I try! lol

Ikram

Do you have another link? That's not the right one and I can't find the look on Temptalia no matter how hard I try! lol
It is correct link, scroll down and look at the pics of whole face where she is showing the lipsticks. It is Enchanted she is wearing on her eyes.

Ladychris11

So, I have decided to maaaybee get my first tom ford lipstick! But.. I don't know which shade. I am nc15-20, Asian, with strong yellow undertones. Heeelp? :)

MACina

Swatches of Narcissist on temptalia' s blog:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-narcissist-cheek-color-blush-review-photos-swatches

OMG.....it is stunning
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

patentg33k

Hi lovelies!

I am going to a Tom Ford counter tomorrow and want to check out his Fall 2012 line, Titanium Smoke e/s palette, Enchanted e/s palette, and his nude lipsticks. Also, the noir absolue eye product. What else should I look for?

I've never spent much time playing at the counter there--so far, I've got the shimmery bronzer, the bronzing brush, and 3 blushes (Frantic Pink, Narcissist, and Savage). Are the eye pencils any good--the teal color from fall looks nice, but do they last all day? The eyebrow pencils? What about the contouring/highlighting compact? Foundations?

Any and all suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Ikram

I've never spent much time playing at the counter there--so far, I've got the shimmery bronzer, the bronzing brush, and 3 blushes (Frantic Pink, Narcissist, and Savage). Are the eye pencils any good--the teal color from fall looks nice, but do they last all day? The eyebrow pencils? What about the contouring/highlighting compact? Foundations?
Any and all suggestions gratefully appreciated!
There is nice gloss in fall collections, not super special, but nice.

And I like the Minx fall nail polish.

I think the teal pencil didnt get good reviews at Templatia, check it out, i think she said it smudges.
I can not advise about the other items but his blushes are super nice, and you can always get more of those or face brushes.

patentg33k

Thanks! I did get the counter today. I got Noir Absolute liner, the Enchanted eyeshadow quad, two concealers and a brow shaper. I'm thinking of getting the blush brush as well, but passed till now. Maybe if there is ever a makeup gift with purchase someday I can add it to an order.

Sugar & Spice

Decided to make my first Tom Ford purchase and get Aphrodisiac lipstick in the Fall collection. I never thought I would spend $50 on a lipstick but I have searched high & low and cannot find a pink that looks as amazing as it does.

afulton

You are going to love Aphrodisiac. It is a beautiful lipstick.
Decided to make my first Tom Ford purchase and get Aphrodisiac lipstick in the Fall collection. I never thought I would spend $50 on a lipstick but I have searched high & low and cannot find a pink that looks as amazing as it does.

Ladychris11

I, too, am contemplating on getting my first Tom Ford lipstick this Christmas. And what better shade to get on Christmas than Wild Ginger? :)