Toronto IMATS Haul - Nov 2009!!! [[Pic Heavy]]

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
When is the next show? Can anybody go? How are the prices/discounts?

I'll assume these only happen once a year around the same time every year depending on the city.

Yes, anyone can go. You don't even need to buy a ticket beforehand. Tickets pre-show were $35 and could be mailed or picked up there. Admission at the door on both days was $40 each or $70 for the whole weekend. You got wristbands.

MUFE was 40% off....hence the long-ass line up! If you bought 10 eyeshadows, you got the palette for free.

Crown Brushes were about $2-$16 each per brush. The jumbo brush apron was $12 and the brush roll was $10. Although, the 88 palette and 120 palettes were smaller in size to the ones on ebay and more expensive.

Hakuhodo had the same prices as online - but you could pay in Canadian and the conversion didn't apply.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - $8 pigments, $10 Lip Tars, $5 nailpolish.

Royal & Langnickel brushes ranged from $2-$10 I believe. I bought an 8 piece brush set for $20 (from their SILK line - the best line out of the 3).

Ben Nye was about the same online as well as on eBay. Same with Kryolan. Some items (depending on the vendor) were more expensive than eBay (fun house theatrical). The Kryolan palette was the same on ebay (Shrinkle) as the price there.

Auraline had $3 eyelashes, $25 15-pan eyeshadow palettes (similar colours and size to MUFE), eyeshadow pans 4 for $10, blushes and lipgloss pans 3 for $10, 28 eyeshadow palette for $4 each (magnetized) and can fit standard 26mm eyeshadows (ie. mac, smashbox, annabelle, etc).

Naked Cosmetics were selling their 6 piece stackable sets 2 for $50 (normally $59.99 on their website PER set) - great deal!

Oh, and most places didn't add any sales tax, however, if you paid by credit card for some companies, they charged US. They didn't do that if you paid cash. Some places also didn't have POS machines, cash only and most (or all, I dunno) did not accept debit, only credit.

Ebbychina

Niiiiiiiice!!! I am really tempted right now to try those lip tars. You got awesome items...enjoy your goodies!

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbychina
Niiiiiiiice!!! I am really tempted right now to try those lip tars. You got awesome items...enjoy your goodies!

The lip tars are amazing! You'll never ever need any other lip stick/gloss/balm/anything ever again!