Transfer to MAC location in a diff. country

diorgrl

Hi there, does anyone know if MAC supports tranfering you to a different country if you wish to move there? Ie. Currently work/live in Canada, wanting to move to the U.S. - will they sponsor you for a work visa? Or any other country with MAC for that matter...

Thanks!

giz2000

I am not sure if they will sponsor you, but I do know that you have to be with the company at least 6 months before you ask to transfer anywhere (anyone who knows more than I do, please feel free to correct me!)

nics1972

I have no clue about MAC and its transfer policies, but I know a lot about work visas. The work visa is for speciality occupations.. i.e., sponsoring skilled labor from out of the United States for industries whch require that labor and it is not easily available or not available in abundance, in the US. The costs to sponsor a work visa are also pretty high. The sponsoring company has to justify to the USCIS (immigration) the reason they want to sponsor a foreign worker.
That being said, unfortunately, MAC, in high probaility, will not sponsor a work visa for you, because they will not be able to justify hiring a foreign worker (in this case, you) for a position for which they can find the requred talent from within the US. I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings :-(. I am so sorry if I discouraged you in any way :-(. But I hope I clarified some questions you might have had..

maxcat

They won't sponsor you, but you can see if your manager will give you a reference. I have friends who just got visas to work in the UK/EU and just showed up at the MAC stores with their referrences and their books looking for work, seemed to work for them.

Ella_

Your best bet is to get a work visa on your own - depending on where you want to go this may or may not be a huge pain in the ass.

Once you have the visa in your hand call the MAC stores you are interested in working at, have a chat to them, fax over a CV and hope for the best when you land in the new country.