Travel case for brushes+makeup?

mysteryflavored

Having spent a good time lurking around here, I now find myself:

a) home from college
b) with a shoebox-full of makeup (which may not even be enough space soon)

As someone who never really had makeup (thanks guys :p), and as someone who will soon be going back to college, AND as someone who visits home pretty frequently, I need a makeup bag I can dump my essentials into and go. I've been eyeing one from Sephora (link), but I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions.

As for what I could realistically expect to be traveling with,

10ish brushes (including kabuki)
A big, unwieldy jar of Meow foundation
UD Ammo palette
Smaller, more packing-friendly compacts, jars, tubes, etc.

Thanks!!

pinkxsushii

I travel back from home to school alot and I find a traincase a simple
solution for me to getting things back and forth. I throw my brushes, cleaner
moisturizers and other tools inside then close it and im on my way.

TDoll

This is my favorite travel case for my makeup...even has slots for your brushes. It's about the size of a shoe box too.
lana makeup bag : Benefit Cosmetics

Like I said, it's good for travel. It's definitely roomy enough for more than just essentials.
I just wish it showed the inside!

mysteryflavored

TDoll: Thanks! I wonder if Sephora has Benefit bags? I guess I'll have to go and see.

I guess I should also mention I'm pretty money-conscious. Luckily, my birthday is only four months away.
greengrin.gif

KellyBean

I'm looking at the MAC carry-all but unfortunately it's $55 and it doesn't have a place to carry brushes. I like both of the bags in this thread though!

Thanks.
smiles.gif

wikdwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
This is my favorite travel case for my makeup...even has slots for your brushes. It's about the size of a shoe box too.
lana makeup bag : Benefit Cosmetics

Like I said, it's good for travel. It's definitely roomy enough for more than just essentials.
I just wish it showed the inside!

do you have this case and if so can you take a pic of the inside for us. I was actually surprised to hear its the size of a shoebox!

righteothen

I use this Expandable Makeup Bag from Bare Escentuals

It's $18, waterproof (because it's nylon), really small, but functional, and even though I've had mine and used it for years, not a mark is on it. It's indestructible... BareEssentuals makes other ones, that are larger. The only problem I have with it is it only has slots for 5 brushes (one of them kabuki), and the slots are rather short. Nice for travel brushes (MAC), but not much else. It does have a mesh pocket for makeup (I have stored 2 weeks in it), and another pocket that you can store brushes in (I store MAC wipes instead, and eyeshadow brushes that I cannot live without).

In any case, just thought I'd gush about it. I hated the foundation, but loved the bag that I got to store it in!

Purity

My boyfriend got me this makeup bag for my birthday, it's Traveller from Make up Store :

859.jpg

It has 6 small compartments on the outside, and one big compartment inside with a small copartment aswell which holds eyeliners, mascara etc perfectly. It's roomy enough to hold my brush roll from FACE Stockholm which holds 14 brushes (MAC brushes fits great in this!).

65-005-BrushRoll.jpg

You can buy FACE products directly from their website, the only US stores are located in NY. You can find Make up store in Miami and Denver, according to their website.