Traveling with Paint Pots, Fluidlines, and Pigments...

singer92286

So, I've seen the posts on traveling with your makeup here and here, and both are super, super helpful.

But, here's my dilemma... I'm going on tour with a friend's band and will literally be living out of a suitcase for a six weeks. I'm going to bring my MAC Carry-All Bag, which I LOVE, but I normally just lay all my paint pots, fluidlines, and pigments along the bottom. I'm worried that with all the movement and commotion of the trailer and the chance that something heavy will get placed on top of my suitcase that all my little bottles and jars will break!

The idea of wrapping them in bubble wrap is a good one, but I feel like it's kind of impractical to have to constantly unpack and pack my makeup every single day or every single time I use it. My brushes and shadows are safe... its just the glass and pigments I'm worried about!

I don't want to spend the money on a hard train-case because I love my Carry-All. I'm just looking for ideas/suggestions on containers or ways to pack my makeup and keep it from getting ruined. I was thinking of maybe trying to find some thick foam and make like a box or something so that they can't jingle around?!

Anything you guys can think of or any product recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated
smiles.gif
Thank you!

purrtykitty

I like the thick foam idea. How about cutting out holes in the foam and putting the containers in the holes. It might take up a bit of extra room, but you wouldn't need a lot of space between the holes to keep them from banging into each other.

invadersads

what if you bought a small plastic storage box or like a tupperware container and maybe like the bottom with a little bubble wrap then throw some packing peanuts in it with the pigments and paint pots?

bartp

I looked around and found a strong plastic container (looks a bit like a lunch box) and I can slide it in my carry all bag.
It gives the extra strength to keep things safe.

Me and MAC

It sounds strange but I used to put my pigments in old (clean) socks and then into my make up bag. It pads them out, and if a tradgedy of a breakage happens, it's all contained into the sock.

Shaquille

I recently did lots of travelling and here's what I use:
0087158_PE217221_S4.JPG

I use the 2 memo boxes to store my 5gram sample jars (containing paint pots and pigments). 1 box fits 27 jars, so there's no need to use additional bubble wrap. It's a little pain in the ass to sort out what u want to wear everyday, but I like it that way better than the bubble wrap one.

It's STRIKT from IKEA.

Good luck!!

Miz Pina

I store my full size pigments in a pencil box:

boxside.jpg

There are also boxes a bit taller that would fit them in their pigment boxes. The one I have is a little too short. Perhaps a sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom and top would help secure things in place, too.

Also, for convenience I keep smaller portions in sample jars in a pencil case:

pencilclosed.jpg

pencilopen2.jpg

I'm on the hunt for a metal pencil case so I can add magnets to the bottom of the jars.

Those Ikea boxes look great!

miss_bailey

I get bubble wrap bags from the post office ( the ones you are supposed to put inside packages) and i put my pallettes in there! Never had a breakage.