• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tropical! Blue, Green, Yellow and Orange Tutorial!!

weneedaroom

What You'll need:

Eyeshadows:
1-4.jpg

LTR: Whatever brow color you use, Chrome Yellow, Golder's Green Pigment (not used, sorry, haha), Swimming, Orange, Pompous Blue, Crystal Avalanche, Greensmoke, Eyepopping

Not Pictured:
Black Tied, Your skincare products, Astonish Gloss, Porcelain Pink MSF, Dollymix Blush, Turquoise Glitter, Golden Lemon Pigment, Lucky Jade, Shimmersand, and Sea Me shadesticks, Vanilla Pigment, Your mascara, Black eyeliner, Take a Hint Tendertone LipBalm, Smoothberry Lipliner, Please Me lipstick, Flusterrose Lustreglass

First, you'll do your normal routine of skincare, foundation, concealor, etc.

Then the eyes!
2-4.jpg

Start with a naked eye. Wheeeee.
3-4.jpg

Smudge Lucky Jade shadestick on your outer V. If you're messy like me and get it everywhere (including your lashes!) that's fine
smiles.gif
Not crucial at this point.
4-3.jpg

Now, take Shimmersand shadestick and cover the rest of your entire lid with it. Blend Shimmersand into Lucky Jade until it is seamless looking. This will help ensure that your eyeshadow looks more blended.
Make sure your Shadestick isn't clumped up like mine! I fixed this after the picture, but if I hadn't, my eyeshadow wouldn't look right.
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...urrent=5-4.jpg
Pat Orange eyshadow on the inner 1/2 of your eyelid, stopping at the crease. It's important to pat rather than spread or tug at your lid--patting deposits more eyeshadow, making the look more vibrant. Extend Orange a little farther along your crease and in the bottom corner of your eye.
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...urrent=6-3.jpg
Sticking with the patting technique, add Chrome Yellow eyeshadow to the middle of your lid up to the crease, and extend a bit in your crease as we did with Orange.
7-4.jpg

Blend Chrome Yellow and Orange together. Add a bit of Chrome Yellow (Not much!) above Orange in your crease, and blend that as well.
9-2.jpg

Pat Swimming Eyeshadow in the outer part of your eyelid up to the crease--the part that you haven't put eyeshadow on yet!
10-3.jpg

Blend Swimming and Chrome Yellow together. To do this I used a bit of Eyepopping eyeshadow, as it is a yellowish green.
12-2.jpg

Put some Greensmoke on your brush and, while keeping your eye open, place it in your crease and apply to the outer 1/3 of crease.
13-2.jpg

You should acheive something similar to this.
14.5.jpg

Put a small amount of Black Tied eyeshadow into the corner of your eye, extending the tiniest bit along the crease.
15-2.jpg

Blend black tied into the green portion of the eyeshadows.
16-2.jpg

Put a teensy but of Crystal Avalanche in the corner of your lid and blend. Then apply Sea Me shadestick to the lower lid. It may be somewhat messy at first if you have lids like mine, but you can clean it up later.
17-1.jpg

Put vanilla pigment into your eyelid above the crease and blend into the other shadows.
18-1.jpg

Apply Pompous Blue onto a small and stiff-bristled eyeshadow/liner brush.
19-1.jpg

Put the Pompous Blue over Sea Me.
20-1.jpg

Clean the same brush and then dip it into Astonish Gloss. Then apply THAT over the Pompous Blue (No picture as you could not tell the difference from my camera)
21-1.jpg

Again, clean the brush, and load it up with Turquoise glitter.
22-2.jpg

Pat this glitter onto the Astonish Gloss, which is sticky--therefore the glitter will stay put. Afterwards, line your waterlines with black eyeliner and do your brows how you please.
24-2.jpg

Curl and mascara lashes.

Cheek time.
30-2.jpg

Load your brush up with Dollymix, but lightly. And then blow the brush. This stuff is pigmented.
31-1.jpg

Smile, and apply in circles, going outward towards the eyes, onto the apples of your cheeks!
32-2.jpg

Now, put some Porcelain Pink MSF onto your brush. You will rub this onto the upper portion of where you put Dollymix as a highlighter.

Now lips!
25-2.jpg

Ew, bare and chapped :p
26-2.jpg

Apply lip balm. I used MAC tendertones lip balm in Take a Hint, because damn, that stuff smells yummy. It's also a very similar tint to my lipstick and liner, which is nice.
27-2.jpg

Line outside of lips with Smoothberry lipliner.
28-1.jpg

With a lipbrush, apply Please Me lipstick. I use a lipbrush rather than the tube because I think it offers more precision and more even coverage.
29-2.jpg

When you finish, it should look like this.
33-2.jpg

Put one coat of Flusterrose Lusterglass over your lips.

You're done! Now flounce about like a camera whore. Yayyyy.
34-1.jpg

35-2.jpg

36-2.jpg

I swear I'm not showing a gratuitous amount of cleavage in these :-D I don't have any, it's a mild rib deformity where my ribs are bent in that area, hahaha.
37-2.jpg

MACATTAK

This is gorgeous! You did a stunning job! Also, I love what you did with the Astonish gloss, as I'm constantly trying to find ways to use this! I can't wait to try this out. Thank you
clap.gif

weneedaroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
This is gorgeous! You did a stunning job! Also, I love what you did with the Astonish gloss, as I'm constantly trying to find ways to use this! I can't wait to try this out. Thank you
clap.gif

Thanks!! I was so confused as to what to do with astonish gloss at first, but it's been really useful to use with glitters!

MACATTAK

Have you ever used it on the top of your eyelid as a liner? Just wondering if it would work as well?

weneedaroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Have you ever used it on the top of your eyelid as a liner? Just wondering if it would work as well?

Nope...now I'm curious too
hmm.gif

MACATTAK

Hmmm..I am going to try that. I think it will be okay, because I don't think my liner part would touch my crease, so I don't think there would be any problem with it getting all over the place & creasing badly.

stephie06

great tut! i was wondering, what's the staying power with the astonish gloss as a base for glitter? i would love to do that if it stays for most of the day
smiles.gif
i love the lip color too.... makes me want to run out and get that tendertone!!! i love tendertones by the way... my fave!!
smiles.gif

weneedaroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie06
great tut! i was wondering, what's the staying power with the astonish gloss as a base for glitter? i would love to do that if it stays for most of the day
smiles.gif
i love the lip color too.... makes me want to run out and get that tendertone!!! i love tendertones by the way... my fave!!
smiles.gif

It sticks really well for me! If you have the DUO eyelash glue that's another good base for glitter.
Tendertones are amazing!

weneedaroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac-cakes
i love it!! It looks perfect...how did you get the photo so close and vibrant?

Part of it is practice (I'm a photo student). Sometimes I still get a shaky hand and the photo comes out all blurry, though. Try putting your camera on macro mode (it's the flower
smiles.gif
) and putting it on a flat surface like a table or a tripod when you take your pictures!

And thanks
smiles.gif