Turquatic up on maccosmetics.com

glittergoddess27

Hmm I will definitely go up there and play with them and then decide,.. I am hoping that I won't be crazy over it,... and thankfully with the exception of the skinfinishes,.. I haven't been jumping up and down about much else either,..though,.. I do hear they are coming out with a true red shadow late fall,.. going to try to get more info on that July 14th when I pick up my patternmaker,..And now I cross my fingers that my after work visit to the freestanding doesnt break me,.. bc the swatch of Orangedescence I saw in my MA's trend book a couple weeks ago was more awesome looking than I thought it would be.

ledonatella

Ordered mine, yay! I didn't get too much since I'm saving for Amuse, but my haul:
a backup of Crystal Rose since I love it so much
Pink Source e/s
Light Ray e/s
Non-turquatic stuff I got:
Peach Set Powder
Med/Dark Blot Powder
2 15 pans
Shimmetime pigment

Once I see some live pics I might go back for the Orange and Yellow glosses and I did see a pic. of Turquatic shadow on ebay and it was very pretty so maybe that.

*Stargazer*

Umm, yeah, this collection blew. I ended up with the orange and yellow glosses but I think I might take them back or swap them. The pink gloss looked just like Sweetie Cake to me. I am getting tired of the same stuff in such a short time span.

mandalinn

I will check out the lipglasses and the purple shadow, but probably won't get all of them. More $$ for the other stuff coming out I guess.

lovejam

Hmm, I only wanted the Turquatic e/s, but if it's that similar to Aquadesiac I don't want it. I gave Aquadisiac to my mom, because I just didn't like the way it looked on me. So, if Turquatic is similar, then I guess I don't want anything from this collection after all.

mzcelaneous

Ehh....nothing from that line makes me say "I've got to have 'em!". Next line please!
winks.gif

BlahWah

I checked out the line today and since 3 of the shadows are lustres, I didn't bother considering them much. Turquatic itself, however, did make me look twice. I forgot to keep the swatches on my hand of the comparisons, but Aquadisiac is definitely more green than Turquatic, which is a truer bright light blue. The colour of Sugar Blue looks denser, if that makes sense, a bit darker in the greyish sense. I might go back to pick this one up... but it's close to the other two, and a bit more sheer than Aquadisiac...
th_dunno.gif

I ended up buying Purple Shower. The MA tried it on my lids while I wore Sunday Best, Budding Beauty and Mancatcher in some combination, and it didn't look as red as I feared it might on my eyes. Compared to Stars 'n' Rockets, there is no duochrome (duh), it's much more pigmented and smooth. Actually, swatched on my hand they look nothing alike, or maybe you can say SnR is like a flashy, slightly sheerer version of PS. It's like a lively matte, if that doesn't sound crazy! It's labelled as a Satin, btw.

Lastly, I tried out Orangedescence and Vibrational. Orangedescence turned a nice peach on my bare lips, while vibrational barely showed. I ended up buying Orangedescence, though the MA's suggestion of wearing Vibrational with light warm l/s like Peachstock sounds tempting.

HTH someone! I'll swatch later tonight if I can.

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
Ehh....nothing from that line makes me say "I've got to have 'em!". Next line please!
winks.gif

I retract my statement
winks.gif

I bought Vibrational and Orangedescence lipglasses today and I love 'em
eyelove.gif
Once I saw them in person was when I said to myself "I've got to have 'em!" LOL
rofl.gif

Cocktail_party

I bought Turquatic e/s yesterday and I love it, so pretty and shimmery! I might go back and get the orange l/g and maybe the beige e/s (I forget the name). I was really disappointed though that they didn't come out with a new promo/post card to go with the collection. The promo shot is gorgeous imo and I was looking forward to snatching one up but I guess they didn't make one
ssad.gif