• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

TUTORIAL CONEST WINNER APRIL 2007: Blossom Style - Day & Night

makeupgal

Re: Blossom Style - Day & Night for the shy of us :-D [pic heavy]

This tutorial was one of the best I've seen! Love how you did different things to come up with different looks just by changing lips or adding shadow to inner corners.

blueyedlady87

Thank you for sharing! You put everything together so nice and easy to read!
smiles.gif

magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Starlicious*~
Yay on your April win!!!!

Congrats!

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
YAHOOOOO!!!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

Thanks for your lovely words :-D

lilly67

Quote:
Originally Posted by magi
Hi...

I have made a new tutorial today. I wanted to make one that´s useful and also for the girls who don´t wear too many bright colors. I have read the contest rules and want to add: I used some software, but never to change anything on the result of my look - just to make it a bit helpful and for a better overview.

What did I use:

tut2_001.jpg

tut2_002.jpg

tut2_003.jpg

Here we go:

First of all my basics: Mineral Foundation (selfmade)
and the brown with BENEFITs BrowZing in "Dark"

tut2_01.jpg

To make the lids even, the colors brighter and longer lastingg some eye shadow base or MAc Paint in "bare canvas"

tut2_02.jpg

I used my MAC 275 brush to apply "Whistle" e/s on the whole lid. It´s a great highlighter and a nice shimmering basic :-D

tut2_03.jpg

For the contour, a brighter look, I apply a dark shade, here MACs "Mothbrown" into the crease with a flat brush. Mine is one by daVinci and it´s semi-hard, so I can apply the color quite exsactly.

In the first step I use the brush upright and just along the bone. From left to right and back until there is enough colour and it´s even.

In the second step I use the brush horizontaly for a quite perfect line, like a pencil. It should be a quite natural shape that bring out the shape of the eyes and brows. (Later I will use "Mothbrown again" - sorry, I decited later that I was to lox with this line
lol.gif
).

tut2_05en.gif

Now I apply "Passionate" in the outer corner and a bit in the crease using fluffing brush (MAC 213).

tut2_06.jpg

tut2_07en.gif

In the middle ov the lid I applied a light pink shade from the DELIGHTS COOL EYES Palette called "Pale Out" using the same brush. By speckling I blendet it with the shadows arround it.

tut2_08.gif

"Gingersoft" is an e/s from DELIGHTS TREND EYES Palette that I used with a small flat brush in the inner corner.

tut2_09.gif

So as promised here is "mothbrown" again - I applied it a bit higher than before :-D

tut2_10.gif

Now Iwanted to make the hard line softer. I took "Whistle" again and blended onto "Mothbrown" with a 275 brush and blended it...

tut2_11en.gif

With the small brush again I apply "Mothbrown" on the lower lid. Very simple along the lash line :-D

tut2_12.jpg

The quite matching "Lithograph" Fluidline has been applied with a thin liner brush by THE BODY SHOP:

tut2_13.jpg

And some knol by agnés b. in the water line. It´s a dark grey shade called "graphite"

tut2_14.jpg

Bit black on the lashes
winks.gif

tut2_15.jpg

With a fibre blush some MSF "Pink Porcelain" on the cheeks (I forgot to use my new Pearl Blossom
weeping.gif
)

tut2_16.jpg

For the casual look I choosed a nude pink tone for my lipy by BENEFIT called "No Peeking"

Version 1: for the day

tut2_18a.jpg

tut2_18c.jpg

tut2_18b.jpg

tut2_18d.jpg

Version 2: For the Night

tut2_17a.jpg

tut2_17b.jpg

I just decited to make a third option, for those who like it even a bit more
winks.gif
Just added some "Passionate" into the corners ;-)

tut2_19.jpg

So I hope this is helpful... If there are any grammatical faults - please excuse :-D

:sangel: Just great ...and very complete bravo
another nice way for the barbie look thanks

tanitabg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
That's great! I love how you did animated gifs, that is so helpful!!

Amazing job, thank you for sharing it with us .

Doowop

love the little clips you have in your tutorials! they make your tutorials even more useful.