• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner August 2009:Requested ; Rasp-straw-blue-berry eyes!*...

Tahti

Posted due to popular request for a tutorial of this FOTD! ^_^
Hope you enjoy. I've changed it a bit, cause I never really do the same look twice ;D Everything is MAC unless specified...
(Most of my brushes are from Crown Brush, so I've listed the type of brush they are.)

The pictures are different tonal ranges because I was taking them in the evening... At 6 o clock I had my dinner, 30 minutes later and it's total twilight, hence the difference. ;/ Sorry!...

Products used ;

Face -
Illamasqua Light Liquid foundation in 100
Mineralize Satinfinish SPF15 in NC15
Illamasqua Concealer in 105
Blot Powder in Light
Dollymix blush
Strada as contour
GOSH Velvet Touch Primer
Brushes ; Kabuki, small contour, large duo fibre, 109.

Eyes -
Eyeshadows ; Hepcat, red side of Mi'Lady, Deep Truth, Contrast, Gesso, Carbon, Crystal Avalanche.
Delineate F/L
Blacktrack F/L
Illamasqua Concealer in 105
Zoomlash in Zoomblack
Smoulder Eye Kohl
Fascinating Eye Kohl
#35 lashes
Brushes ; large fluff brush for highlight, 217, 239, socket brush, small angled brush, short shader brush, large flat brush.

Brows -
Espresso E/S
Illamasqua Sealing Gel
Brushes ; small dense angle brush, short dense rounded brush

Lips -
Subculture L/L
Hue L/S
Brushes ; small lip brush

Cleanse your face and moisturize using whatever products you use...

Prep your eyes for eyeshadow using a light coloured base. I use a tiny bit of GOSH primer, Illamasqua Concealer in 105 (applied with my finger), and set it with Gesso E/S.

2-3.jpg

Using a large flat brush, apply a red coloured base in the rough shape of how you want your eye shadow to appear. I'm using Delineate F/L which is LE, another possible is Flammable paint or Artifact paint pot.
Get your MAC 217 (or a similar blending brush) and apply Hepcat over the shape you created with the red base, smoothing out the edges.
(left eye only with F/L base, right with E/S)

3-2.jpg

Then, get your MAC 239 brush (or a similar short dense shading brush) and load it up with the red side of Mi'Lady (also LE - Coppering E/S is an alternative, or any other rich red.) Pat it on your eyelid below the socket of the eye, and blend it gently into the Hepcat /ES, making sure it stays below the eye socket. Bring it around the inner corner of your eye.
(left eye only with Hepcat E/S, right eye with Mi'Lady)

4-1.jpg

Swirl your socket brush in Deep Truth E/S, and blend it into the crease of your eye, around the socket line. Don't worry if it's not blended perfectly immediately, we'll be touching it up later.

5-1.jpg

Get your short shader brush and pack Contrast on it, and drag it in a line across your eye crease. Again, don't worry about the blending yet.

6-1.jpg

NOW it's time to blend ;D Pick up your socket brush again, this time pack Contrast on it and blend the colours together in your crease with smooth strokes. Bring Contrast in the the outer corner of your eye slightly.

7-1.jpg

At this point your E/S should look something like this with your eyes fully open.

8-1.jpg

Use your 239 to bring Mi'Lady all the way under your eye, then pat some Contrast over it on the outer two thirds. Use your large fluff brush to highlight your brow bone and the inner corner of your eye.

9-1.jpg

Using your small angle brush, draw a thin line with Blacktrack F/L all along your upper lashline and wing it down to the lower one a third of the way in. Pat some Carbon on top of it to blend it slightly, and in the outer v of your eye socket.

10-1.jpg

Load your lashes with mascara. Mine are wimpy and pale blonde, so I have to spend ages wiggling the brush D: I use my angle brush again - I coat the end with mascara from the mascara brush, and colour in the roots of my lashes with it.
Use Smoulder in the very inner corner of your eyes, and Fascinating on the rest of your waterline. Blend both together slightly.

11-1.jpg

Get your short dense angle brush and put a dab of sealing gel on it, and mix it into your brow E/S colour. Then draw a line underneath the arch of your eyebrows. Using your short dense round brush, apply sealing gel to it also, and make the curve of the front of your brow with it.

12.jpg

Use the round brush again to continue perfecting the shape of your eyebrows and rounding the upper arch.

13.jpg

Oh look! 30 minutes and now it's twilight. Aghhhh.
Falsies! I'm using MAC #35.

14.jpg

I apply primer all over my face just with my fingers, then I make a mix of two thirds Illamasqua foundation in 100 and one third of Mineralize foundation in NC15 on my hand, and blend it together with my 109. I dab it all over my face roughly (pictured) and then blend blend blend. I set it then with Blot Powder in Light with a kabuki brush.

15.jpg

Using a duo fibre brush, sweep Dollymix (or any dark pink blush) up across your cheekbones, using an extra dab on the apples of your cheek for nice colour.

16.jpg

The face of fish! Pack your contour brush with Strada (or whatever shade you use to contour) and sweep it down under your cheekbone.

17.jpg

And we have cheekbones!

18.jpg

Line your lips with Subculture, then apply Hue with a small lip brush... and we're done!

19-1.jpg

TISH1124

Re: Requested ; Rasp-straw-blue-berry eyes!*...

Must try the Illamasque foundation...this is flawless

pdtb050606

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, it's just flawless
drools.gif

kariii

thank you so much, Must do this tutorial. You are again truly inspiring!

Yagmur

Thank you, for this gorgeous Tutorial
smiles.gif

ivuschka

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeedee
I'm speachless!
th_worship.gif
th_thstars.gif

potpis.
greengrin.gif

stunning
thmbup.gif

justmimi

This eye look looks great on you. Wish I could pull that off

coachkitten

Your fair and flawless skin is so insanely gorgeous! You are so talented with your makeup!

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
you need to do more tutorials! this was awesome! i love your makeup!

Huge 2nd!! You did an amazing job!

L1LMAMAJ

this look is fierce!! plus your eyebrows are peeerfect.
greengrin.gif