• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner July 2007: Bluish-Silver Tutorial

stephie06

here's my first tutorial, so please bear with me! i totally admire all you women and men of specktra who have made tutorials, it is some seriously intense business lol!
rofl.gif
Alright so on with the tutorial!!!!

what i used:

DSC05084.jpg

FACE
Select Tint SPF 15 NC40
Lorac Luminizer in L2
Studio Finish Concealer NC35
Blot Powder Medium Dark
Other Worldly Blush

EYES
UDPP
Cornflower Pigment
Moon's Reflection e/s
Flashtrack e/s
Deep Truth e/s
Idol Eyes e/s
Nightfish f/l
Engraved p/p
Shiseido Lifting Mascara
Brow Shader Porcelaine/Browning
Silverbleu s/s

LIPS
Hush, Hush Tendertones Lip Balm
------------------------------------------------
my bare-naked face
lmao.gif

DSC04996.jpg

mix tinted moisturizer with luminzer on the back of your hand (or wherever you like hehehe)

DSC04998.jpg

DSC05000.jpg

blend foundation into skin using 190 brush

DSC05001.jpg

oops, forgot to put on concealer! so here i am fixing that
smiles.gif

DSC05002.jpg

i use my ring finger to blend concealer in a rolling motion

DSC05003.jpg

the result

DSC05005.jpg

set foundation & concealer with powder, in this case blot powder in medium dark

DSC05006.jpg

the result

DSC05007.jpg

time to fill in the brows. i use porcelaine/browning and my smashbox #12 brush. (please don't mind my brows. i'm trying to grow them out so that i can get them shaped!)

DSC05008.jpg

DSC05010.jpg

apply udpp to the whole lid up to the brow

DSC05017.jpg

DSC05018.jpg

using the 239 brush, apply cornflower pigment to the tearduct and inner 1/3rd of the lid as shown. i like to pat on shadows onto my lid with the 239 brush.

DSC05019.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

the result

DSC05022.jpg

load 239 brush (after wiping it clean) with moon's reflection e/s and apply to the middle of the lid, leaving 1/3rd of the outer lid free for the next shadow.

DSC05023.jpg

DSC05024.jpg

the result

DSC05025.jpg

clean off 239 brush again and pack on flashtrack e/s.

DSC05026.jpg

apply flashtrack e/s to the last outer 1/3rd of the lid. bring color up into crease as well by "pulling" shadow from the outer corner into the crease.

DSC05028.jpg

this is how it should look (or pretty similar)

DSC05029.jpg

using your blending brush, my 217 in this case, pack on a silver shadow. i'm using Idol Eyes from the Lure collection.

DSC05031.jpg

blend the shadows near the crease to even out the harsh lines. also i use this as my highlighter by applying the shadow up to my brow.

DSC05030.jpg

how it should look

DSC05033.jpg

using your 213 brush (in place of my 219 since i am waiting for it to arrive) pick up some deep truth e/s.

DSC05035.jpg

apply deep truth e/s to the outer v of the eye. blend well!!!!

DSC05034.jpg

how it should look

DSC05036.jpg

apply silverbleu shadestick to the lower lashline as a base for the shadow

DSC05037.jpg

apply moon's reflection shadow to lower lashline with a smudge brush (i'm using a brush i got from a brush set in china)

DSC05038.jpg

does it kind of look like this?

DSC05040.jpg

using an angled liner brush (shiseido is what i'm using), pick up some nightfish fluidliner and line upper lid.

DSC05041.jpg

like so

DSC05042.jpg

use engraved powerpoint liner to line waterline

DSC05043.jpg

curl them lashes! i'm using my tarte curler which i love
eyelove.gif

DSC05045.jpg

apply mascara to bottom and top lashes

DSC05046.jpg

the result

DSC05047.jpg

apply falsies. i'm using ardell's 131 lash.

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05051.jpg

DSC05056.jpg

using a contoured blush brush, apply other worldly blush to apples of cheeks and cheekbones

DSC05057.jpg

DSC05059.jpg

the result

DSC05063.jpg

apply hush hush tendertones lip balm to lips

DSC05065.jpg

the overall finished look!

DSC05069.jpg

DSC05071.jpg

CopyofDSC05077.jpg

PLACEMENT (roughly drawn)

CopyofDSC05078.jpg

black = cornflower pigment
blue = moon's reflection e/s
pink = flashtrack e/s
green = deep truth e/s
silver = idol eyes e/s

Thanks for looking! Please leave thanks (if you want) or any feedback. I appreciate it y'all!
cheerleader.gif

DSC05073.jpg

MAC_fanatic

Re: Bluish-Silver Tutorial (My First EVER!!!)

You're pretty! I love the colors. I have a question though. Is the MAC one, is that already a tinted moisturizer? Or is that why you have the other product?

stephie06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_fanatic
You're pretty! I love the colors. I have a question though. Is the MAC one, is that already a tinted moisturizer? Or is that why you have the other product?

the mac select tint is the moisturizer. i just mix in the lorac luminizer because i like to have a nice glow, which the mac moisturizer doesn't have.

magi

GREAT, it looks so easy the way you doing it and the colors are applied so exsactly and perfectly... Wow, wonderful job and thanks for sharin'

YvetteJeannine

clap.gif
This tutorial was superb!!!!!

Thank you SO much for taking the time to do this....It was really well-photographed, and easy-to-follow.

These blues are simply beautiful, and I wish they'd pop on me as much as they do on you, but I have blue/green eyes....They look fantastic with your brown peepers, though
winks.gif
I'm still going to try this look (with a couple variations, since I don't have Flashtrack, Moon's Reflection or Silverbleu Shadestick).

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this....I REALLY hope to see more from you....I think a gold/copper/broze look would be great...(maybe you could do something like that someday
graucho.gif
)....Nice job!
thmbup.gif

Esperanza

Thanks a lot for doing this tut Stephie. This blue makeup is lovely on you, it gives you gorgeous doe-like eyes
pretty.gif

Jadetive

Oh wow. I'm not kidding, you look beautiful even without makeup and with makeup, totally gorgeous. And it doesn't look like an overloading of makeup either, which is great. I don't have that many blue eyeshadows with me, but I'll surely try it out myself.
smiles.gif
Thanks!

entipy

Fabulous!! I don't know why you put the falsie lashes on, though, yours looked wonderful before!!!
greengrin.gif

stephie06

thanks so much ladies! i'm glad i'm getting good feedback... i may be tempted to do another in the near or distant future =]