• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner November 2008: Teal + Blue Tutorial

PinkPearl

Hi everyone!!
This is the look that I’m going for today:
pic6-1.jpg

What I used (all MAC unless stated):
PS: I know that I forgot to include so many things cuz I took this picture the day after I did the makeup hehe
tong.gif
oops, sorry guys!

step00.jpg

FACE
Ok, so the container that is labelled “foundation mix” is basically a mix of MAC select spf 15 in NC43 and Revlon colorstay in medium beige. I just put it in this container so that it’s easier to dip my 187 hehe
Select cover up concealer in NC35
MSF natural in medium dark
Clear brow finisher
Maybelline define-a-brow in dark brown
Fix+

CHEEKS
Sincere
Pearl CCB

EYES
UDPP

Sea me shadestick
Surreal
Shimmermoss
Cool heat
Sea & sky (the solid side)
Shroom
Nylon
Top hat
UD liquid liner in Perversion
Feline kohl power
CG lash blast
Quo lashes #803 (I think?)

LIPS
Vaseline

Funshine slimshine
Pink grapefruit lipglass

Ok, I’m gonna start with my clean and flawed face lol
step1-1.jpg

Then I dipped my 187 into my foundation of choice…
step2.jpg

..and blend! (my face is already half blended at this point lol)
step3-1.jpg

step4-1.jpg

Now conceal wherever you need to. I’m using my 194 brush.
step5-1.jpg
step6-1.jpg

That looks a bit better lol.. Then I take my 182 brush and applied my MSF natural in medium dark..
step7-1.jpg

Apply UDPP all over your lid and blend..
step8-1.jpg

Apply your Sea me shadestick only on the outer half of your lid and try to stay below the crease..
step9-1.jpg

Apply Surreal on to the inner third of your eye with your 228 brush..
step10-1.jpg

Then apply Shimmermoss to the middle of the lid, to close that gap between surreal and sea me. I used a 239 brush.
step11-1.jpg

Next, I applied cool heat to the outer corner of the eyes. I just used the other side of my 239 brush.
step12-1.jpg

Then I applied the solid side of my Sea & sky MES with a 272 brush. First make a slanted line with the 272, then blend it in with the cool heat eyeshadow using a sweeping motion.
step13-1.jpg

step14-1.jpg

Do some more blending using the 217 brush. Bring the color inwards. Feel free to add more sea & sky until you get the intensity that you want.
step15-1.jpg

step15b.jpg

Apply Shroom as a highlight using a 227 and also use this to blend any harsh lines.
step16-1.jpg

Then I take Nylon and pat it right underneath my browbone to make it stand out more.
step17-1.jpg

step18-1.jpg

Using the 228, apply Top hat to the lower lashline
step19-1.jpg

step20-1.jpg

Take your liner of choice and line your eyes. I’m using UD in perversion.
step21-1.jpg

step22-1.jpg

And then I lined my waterline with Feline kohl power.
step23-1.jpg

Curl your lashes and add mascara. I’m using CG lash blast. It works wonders!
step24-1.jpg

I did my eyebrow really quickly using Maybelline define-a-brow.
Then using my 116, I’m applying Sincere blush to the apples of my cheeks.
step25-1.jpg

step26-1.jpg

At this point, my camera battery died, so I charged it quickly and in the meantime, I decided to put on some falsies. I’m using Quo lashes #803 (I’m pretty sure that’s the number lol), then I used my UD liner in perversion again to cover the lash band.
step27-1.jpg

Alright, now for cheek highlight, I LOVE using Pearl CCB. I just dip 2 fingers into it, then pat it on top of my cheekbone. It looks really pretty in person!
step28-1.jpg

step29-1.jpg

step30-1.jpg

For the lips, I’m using Funshine slimshine (my favourite slimshine after Bare!)
step31-1.jpg

Then I added Pink grapefruit lipglass on top to make my lips more luscious!
step32.jpg

We’re almost done! I sprayed my big fluffy brush with Fix+ and then tap it all over your face to get rid of the powdery look, and it also makes your face glow!
step33.jpg

step34.jpg

Finished look!!!
pic1-1.jpg

pic2-1.jpg

pic3-1.jpg

pic4-1.jpg

pic5-1.jpg

pic6-1.jpg

Hope you guys like it!!!
Any feedbacks would be appreciated
yes.gif

Susanne

Re: Teal + Blue Tutorial

Gorgeous look!! I love teal-blue eyes and will try it for sure. Thanks for this tutorial.

cuddle x bear

this is a really cute look. being asian, i didn't think i could pull off such a bold color combo because i lacked the lid space but you've inspired me to try it. thanks for the tutorial

emeraldjewels

Wow, really good tutorial and I love the tip to spray your brush with fix+. I'm going to try this now.

Awesome look!