• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

***Tutorial Contest Winner Sept 09: Neon Lips tutorial***

User67

You guys have been asking me to do a tutorial & I have been promising to do you forever. So today I am home alone & had a lot of time on my hands so I decided to do one. This also includeds a mini brow tutorial. I can't believe I am gonna let you all see me without my brows! I must really be fond of you all
winks.gif
This is the look we are going for
DSC03230.jpg

Here is a list of what I personally used. I know of course we don't all have the same exact products, so use whatever you have that can create a similar look. Also keep in mind that I use a ridiculous amount of brushes lol! You don't need to have all these to do this.

Face:
#109 brush
#275 brush
#129 brush
#187 brush
#168 brush
Prep + Prime SPF50 Primer
Fast Response eyecream
Studio Fix Fluid NC42
Studio Finish Concealer NW30
Medium Loose Blot powder
Matte Bronze
Prep + Prime Translucent powder
Fleur Power blush

Eyes:
#242 brush
#224 brush
#252 brush
#272 brush
#212 brush
#263 brush
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Spiked Brow pencil
Blanc Type e/s
Soft Brown e/s
Sugarshot e/s
Aqua e/s
Cork e/s
Sketch e/s
Black Black Chromaline
Engraved e/s
Carbon e/s
L'Oreal Mascara
Ardell#118 lashes

Lips:
Magenta l/l
Saint Germain l/s
Culture Clash l/g

Start out with a clean moisturized face (warning I look like an alien with no brows lol!)

DSC03235.jpg

Prime your face.

DSC03236.jpg

Add eyecream if needed, I'm using Fast Response all over the eye area.

DSC03237.jpg

Add concealer under the eyes, I'm using Studio Finish in NW30, I just use my ring finger to blend it.

DSC03238.jpg

Now for foundation, I like to use a clean CD as a palette.

DSC03239.jpg

Pick some up on your #109 brush & stipple it on, then buff it into the skin using cirular motions.

DSC03240.jpg

Foundation is done.

DSC03241.jpg

Now pick up some loose blot powder on your #129 brush & set the foundation.

DSC03242.jpg

Done! Now for brows. (Thank God!)

DSC03243.jpg

Take your brow pencil & draw on the basic shape you want.

DSC03244.jpg

Then start to form your inner corners by kind of making a round shape.

DSC03245.jpg

Now starting from the inner corners fill in the rest of the brows.

DSC03246.jpg

Okay, so now our brows are on.

DSC03248.jpg

Next take your #208 brush & some concealer in a lighter shade, I'm using Studio Finish NW25 & "carve out" & clean up the brows. I like my brows to be more of a square shape, so I will use concealer to shape the inner corners as well.

DSC03249.jpg

Now they are all nice, cleaned up & shaped.
DSC03250.jpg

Lastly take a brow brush & brush out the inner corners a bit, so that they fade & aren't so harsh.

DSC03251.jpg

Brows are finished!

DSC03252.jpg

Next you want to prime your eyes, I'm using Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

DSC03253.jpg

Take your #252 brush & add Blanc Type e/s to the brow bone.

DSC03254.jpg

This is how it should look.

DSC03255.jpg

Then pick up some Soft Brown e/s on your #224 brush & blend that into the crease using windshield wiper & cirular motions.

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

Then take some Otherworldy p/p on your #242 brush & add that to the lid.

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

Then load up your #252 brush with Aqua e/s & pack that onto the lid.

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

Then take your #224 brush again, pick up some Cork e/s & add that to the crease to add depth. Also add a little more Aqua to the lid because we lost some of the color during blending.

DSC03263.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

Now I take your #272 brush, pick up some Sketch e/s & add that to the outer corners.

DSC03265.jpg

DSC03266.jpg

Then take your trusted #224 brush & blend out any harsh lines. At this point I also take your #226 brush & add some Sugarshot e/s to the inner corners.

DSC03267.jpg

This is how it should look, we will clean up the edges later on.

DSC03268.jpg

Now I take your #228 brush & add some Sugarshot e/s just along the bottom of your brows to really make them stand out & look even cleaner.

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

Then take a q-tip & dip it into my eye make-up remover & use it to clean up the outer corners.

DSC03271.jpg

To make them even cleaner looking, use the tip of a sponge, dip it into concealer & clean up once again. Some people don't care for sharp looking outer corners, I however love it!

DSC03272.jpg

Then I take your #129 brush & use a little powder to set the concealer & brush away any fall out. Also take your Black Black Chromaline, a #263 brush & line along the top lashes.

DSC03273.jpg

This is how it should look

DSC03274.jpg

Then pick up some Carbon e/s on your #212 brush & add that along the lower lashes going in out about 3/4 of the way.

DSC03276.jpg

Then add Smolder e/l to the waterline & set that with the Cabon as well. Also add 2 coats of mascara to top & bottom lashes.

DSC03277.jpg

Now our eye make-up is basically done. So now we can finish our face & do our lips. Now I grab my #168 brush, pick up some matte bronzer & start my contouring. I do my cheeks...

DSC03278.jpg

Along my forehead, jawline & hairline...

DSC03279.jpg

And I use my #217 to do my nose...

DSC03280.jpg

Contoured!

DSC03281.jpg

Do you guys think I need to replace this blush? I must use it a lot lol! It must be one of my favorites
winks.gif

DSC03282.jpg

Adding my infamous Fleur Power blush to my cheeks using my #187 brush.

DSC03283.jpg

Yay!

DSC03284.jpg

Now I take my #225 brush & use it to add some Prep + Prime translucent powder to my forhead, nose, tops of my cheeks & chin as a subtle highlight.

DSC03285.jpg

Face make-up is done!

DSC03286.jpg

Now for lips! Line lips & slightly fill them in using Magenta l/l

DSC03287.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

Now apply your Saint Germain l/s.

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

Add some Cultureclash l/g

DSC03291.jpg

Lips are done!

DSC03292.jpg

And lastly to finish off the look I added a pair of flase lashes. I used Ardell#118.

DSC03294.jpg

We are done!
th_DANCE.gif
Smile & take some silly pics with your dog!

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03298.jpg

DSC03302.jpg

PollyRhythm

Re: Neon Lips tutorial (long!)

You are SO AWESOME for taking the time and doing this tutorial for us. The last two pics are adorable.

almmaaa

I love it so much!!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time in makings this tut!!! u should do more if u can please ur my favorite poster!!!!

TISH1124

Fabulous!! it is amazing how you create your brows!! very Talented my lady!!

couturesista

MORE TUTS PLEASE! This was very helpful, especially the concealer to clean up the corners of the eye, thanks!

yupitzTara

This was a great tutorial!!! really helpful!!! I always like your fotds.
your nails are cute. are they minx nails????

brownubian

Stunning - hair, makeup, nails, everything lol. I second the question about minx nails...are they?! I love it.

coachkitten

This tutorial is one of the best I have seen. It is so helpful and you have great techniques. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. You look beautiful!
smiles.gif