Ugg.... Turning 26!

mactabby

I know 26 probably doesn't seem like a big deal....... *lol* But my birthday is tomorrow (the 6th, I'm not asleep yet at 2 AM *lol*) and I'm not at ALL excited about it!
ssad.gif
I feel like I'm getting old, well not really OLD, but you know what I mean....... *lol* I'm really not liking this feeling. 4 more yrs til' I'm 30! Ugggg..... 30! No offense to ppl 30+. *lol* I guess I'm just starting to realize that life goes by WAY to fast, AND It's kind of scarying me...... I mean 60 will be here before I know it. *lol* I need to start living life, thats for sure! Has anyone felt like this around 30? *lol* 30 just seems so grown up, kwim? I'm not ready to grow up, yet.
tong.gif

I know this all sounds a lil' silly, but I'm for real (thats the sad part). *lol* 25 "was" such a perfect age. Not to young, not to old. HAHA

Shaquille

that's why you should still put 25 candles on your cake
smiles.gif

anyways, don't think about it too much..
Happy Birthday!!

chocolategoddes

Age is only a number.

Well, I shouldn't talk. I still wish I was 10. Those were the good ol' days. I'll be 17 in 3 months.
D:<

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

angeliquea~+

I'm a few years younger but I understand where you're coming from, I'll be 23 next year and the thought terrifies me.

While I don't usually recommend looking towards celebrities as role models for anything, I think it's a good idea in this case because they are a prime example of how age is being redefined i.e. 30 isn't really 30 anymore. Probably not the best examples, but off the top of my head Kim K and Nicole Scherzinger are 28 and 29 respectively, but this doesn't seem to get them down. A terrific example is Sophia Loren - 73 and still fabulous. So don't worry about your age... as long as you're fabulous, that's all that matters!
thmbup.gif

P.S Happy Birthday!

GlossyAbby

try not to worry about it too much.....I was sad when I turned 26 this year too so I cheered myself up w/ a mac shopping trip
smiles.gif

pratbc

I totally feel you on this one! I will be 29 soon and I am the same way. The past 2 years I haven't even felt like celebrating my birthday. When I was younger, I honestly NEVER thought I would reach 30 because it was just soooo old. But, now that it is here, I feel like I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I have wanted to by 30. I felt shitty about it for a while, but then I realized that I am just going to make my 30s what my 20s should have been! It also helps that I still get mistaken for a high schooler- so no one can ever tell my age and, when I do tell them, they are totally in shock.
So, chin up and think positively about your approaching 30s. Its all about the way you feel and your outlook on life!

mactabby

Thanks everyone for cheering me up!!! I had a okay bday. Spent it pretty much alone.... DH had to work late, as usual. But had alot of nice phone calls, so that was nice.
smiles.gif