Ugly lines on my forehead!

sugacole9

Hello ladies! I need your help. I have what people have told me are expression lines on my forehead that are completely visible ALL DAY EVERY DAY! They make my skin look older then it is (haha) I'm only 22 and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions besides BOTOX (which has been my #1 answer from others) Thanks!!!

Nicole
cheerleader.gif

moonsugar7

I'd love to know this too, I have these as well and I hate them! (and dont want injections yet).

komischkatze

Hmm, I don't really have the forehead lines (only very vaguely) but I have a bit of a smile line that irritates me enormously. I use St. Ives collagen elastin moisturizer and it really reduces the appearance of mine. If I use it daily, it just about disappears but of course it becomes visible again if I get lazy on the moisturizer (bad!). I'm sure other people will have better suggestions but that's the quick and easy (and unexpensive!) fix I use. I doubt it would get RID of them, but it might help reduce their prominence. Now if only I could find something that worked well for the minor creasing under my eyes!
tong.gif

sugacole9

Ive tried Vitamin E directly on my forehead, Ive tried peel off masks, nothing seems to work! I am at fault because as a teenager I used to work @ a tanning salon so Im sure that what did the trick. I also have some fine lines under my eyes also. UGHHH the worries of a woman! hehe

Shadow

Loreal products are fairly inexpensive and can be purchased at most drugstores. They have one called wrinkle de-crease which is pretty good.

komischkatze

I'm sure when my little wrinkles become more pronounced, I'll be all about some botox or photorejuvenation! I don't mind looking older necessarily; there are just some specific wrinkles that annoy me - like the smile line and undereye creases. Urg.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by komischkatze
I don't mind looking older necessarily; there are just some specific wrinkles that annoy me - like the smile line and undereye creases. Urg.

Same here, my evil lines are under my eyes too!

sugacole9

when i went to my dermotologist he said to drink water ... what kind of simple minded answer is that!! haha so if anyone has any insite to what may be a good product im all for it!

user79

I have some too, I don't think that logically, anything can be done. They are caused by your facial expressions and how the skin folds when you frown, smile, etc. Unless you stay expressionless all day, everyday, I don't think you can change it, unless you inject them.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugacole9
when i went to my dermotologist he said to drink water ... what kind of simple minded answer is that!! haha so if anyone has any insite to what may be a good product im all for it!

Water consumption does so much for skin. Well hydrated people look healthier and rested. Water is the medium in which all chemical reactions occur in the body (practically).When people are dehydrated,their skin is less elastic and looks older. Severe dehydration causes "tenting" (you can pinch skin up and it stays pinched" Too little water causes fluid retention and puffiness under the eyes. Water is moisturizer from within.If you look around at people in your age group, you will notice similar lines.

chameleonmary

Retin A is supposed to work wonders for fine lines, as does microdermabrasion.

I found when I was on Roaccutane for my acne, my fine lines disappeared, hence the Retin A suggestion (as it is another vit A derivative).

V15U4L_3RR0R

I'd quite like to know this one as well as I have them and some very feint creasing under my eyes and I'm only 18 lol. I really don't notice them too much or even worry about them much but occationally I do. But I've had these forehead lines since I was in high school and I don't think It's because my skin is dry because I use quite a rich moisturizer every day.

clslvr6spd

I second Retin A! I also have that line on my forehead and since using Retin A it has helped a lot, also my mom has been using it for years and she is in her late 40's and has HARDLY any wrinkles on her face or neck. I would talk to your dermotologist and see what dosage is right for you, if that's the route you want to go.

kamccor

I have several of those too. I would suggest using a makeup primer for your face. The best one I've used is made by Smash Box, it's called Photo Finish, although most brands are making face primers now. You put it on before foundation/powder and it helps fill in small lines giving a more smooth, flawless appearance.

Hope that helps!

~K

V15U4L_3RR0R

I just had an Elemis facial and just one session softened my forehead lines massively! Their products are amazing and they smell awesome!

athena123

The only way to prevent any kind of lines from appearing on your face is to stop all use of facial expressions. No more smiling or uplifting your eyebrows in surprise! I had a few rings around my neck, lines on my forehead and creases at the corner of my eyes from smiling. I really didn't want to turn into an unsmiling mask, so I've found a few non-botox treatments that minimize the appearance of dynamic wrinkles but they haven't gone away entirely.

1% Retinol - good for acne as well.
Janson Beckett AlphaDermaCE - contains hexapeptide-3 [arigilene] that sends little triggers to slightly relax facial muscles, making dynamic wrinkles [the ones that appear when you smile or frown]. After about 3 months of daily use, the rings around my neck have nearly disappeared and forehead lines are much shallower. Friends and family noticed a difference. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have an effect on the deeper creases at the corner of my eyes; I've been using Matrixyl 9000 and it seems to help a little.

It's odd; when I was in my twenties, I vowed to grow old gracefully. Now that I'm in my forties I'm fighting it everyday; I do NOT want to inject poison into my face to keep wrinkles away, nor do I want to go under the knife. I keep hoping daily use of topicals will help. Who knows, I may change my mind when I reach 50!
yahoo.gif

quinntastic

Can't say I have that problem, but my mother started using Dior's Capture R60/80 XP Ultimate Wrinkle Restoring Serum and she loves it. It's made a noticeable difference with the lines all over her face.

It's pricey but you could always try a sample and see how you like it.

rbella

Renova works wonders. It is prescription and costly but awesome for fine lines. The only way to completely prevent the fine lines from becoming deeper lines is to paralyze the muscle underneath so you can no longer make facial expressions at that particular location. Unfortunately that means the evil botox (which I love!!)

SparklingWaves

I have never used Botox and I will tell you why I wouldn't use it. I know a man that lost the use of one of his legs. He could feel the leg. Over the years, he stopped using the leg entirely. The leg became paralyzed and became much smaller than the other leg he actually used. It is like a rock from not using it. Is that what people's faces are going to look like from paralyzing their muscles in their face over and over again? The muscles are going to shrink and get rock hard from not using them. No one knows for sure. I am not going to gamble with that stuff (toxin). That's just my opinion.

I thought about Botox, but I think about that man's leg. Ugh! No way! Scary!

If the lines are really bothering you, how about bangs? Some of the other suggestions sound okay too.