UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

beautycool

If I think it's dodgy I'll just return it so thought I'd try and see what turns up!
Is that the policy you can return them As when I had ordered oh my gosh we couldn't return Loads of girls had ordered the same whom we were all on this Fb group lol thinking we was getting a great deal I think they were in real boxes but you could just see they were fake Anyhow went through pp to get money back Luv kilt we all paid via paypal and paypal got our money back I hope yours is ok I think I bought mine in 2013 not sure though Maybe 2012 I wanna say it was from that site as that's the only dodgy emails I have through lol which say items are half price or percentage off givenchy bags etc

kirstw91

Hi thanks for feedback well having about 60 bottles of all diff perfumes I wanted a new one but wasn't too sure which Hubby went to duty free during work and I had said about the mj one but he had smelt that and was keen but said I wouldn't like it lol Anyhow I told him to buy it and I opened it Friday ( birthday was Halloween ) so anyhow loved it omg :)) def one I like . I own nowt of the mj ones and out of all my perfume coll I haven't one that smells like this so I was made up Ps loving the bottle too just love it So different :)))
I have to admit it is an unusual scent, which is what I liked about it. I will be trying it again because I was testing a few that day, I have a "system" when I try perfumes (I know, I'm daft lol) I have a few of his perfumes, I liked Lola the most. I like the Diesel Loverdose line aswell, they are unusual. I dread to even think how many perfumes I have, I recently moved and all of my collection ended up taking 4 large boxes.

mkoparanova

I really like Decadence! I've been wearing it a lot lately. It's not in my top 5 but it definitely got in my top 10.

Edit: As for secretsales, I have two watches from them and they are not fake. I hope everything is ok with the MAC products, my concern would be the expiration date, not the authenticity.

kirstw91

Not sure if people are aware but I noticed a couple of week ago that TJ Hughes had some Mac products online. Not sure about Authenticity or anything, I'm guessing that they will be ok. They did have quite a bit at the time but knowing them there is a fast turnover on items.

jadiepyne

Maybe 2012 I wanna say it was from that site as that's the only dodgy emails I have through lol which say items are half price or percentage off givenchy bags etc
They have to accept returns as per distance selling regulations (or something like that!) and if they dont.... well like you say paypal :)

To be fair, Ive bought quite a lot of stuff from secretsales and its always been fine, but I will post some pics on here when they arrive and people can have a look :)

kerry-jane88

re: secretsales and t j Hughes selling Mac - if they are then it might be a similar to the sale of Mac within the Estée Lauder cosmetics outlet, which as well as selling the unsold limited edition stuff, sells some of the permanent products at a discount because they are 'old' in terms of their batch date. Did you know that you could buy a lipstick on counter today and it might already be three years old!? You can check the batch codes online it's crazy! And re: Marc Jacobs decadence - a very sexy strong perfume and I wish I could wear it but it has that strength that gives me a migraine the way Thierry muglers angel does :( still, I'm glad others get to enjoy it as I think it's a good one!

beautycool

I have to admit it is an unusual scent, which is what I liked about it. I will be trying it again because I was testing a few that day, I have a "system" when I try perfumes (I know, I'm daft lol) I have a few of his perfumes, I liked Lola the most. I like the Diesel Loverdose line aswell, they are unusual. I dread to even think how many perfumes I have, I recently moved and all of my collection ended up taking 4 large boxes.
Lol sounds as bad as me lol you don't even want to know how many boxes in total I had when we moved last year lol So bad hubby said omg this cannot be all yours That's including my nail polish stash so mmmm lol yeah it was so over 25 boxes just my beauty stuff !!!! A complete nightmare tbh because when we moved in the conservotory was filled with my stuff only lmao. My husband couldn't believe I mean he could but you know he was gob smacked .

beautycool

re: secretsales and t j Hughes selling Mac - if they are then it might be a similar to the sale of Mac within the Estée Lauder cosmetics outlet, which as well as selling the unsold limited edition stuff, sells some of the permanent products at a discount because they are 'old' in terms of their batch date. Did you know that you could buy a lipstick on counter today and it might already be three years old!? You can check the batch codes online it's crazy! And re: Marc Jacobs decadence - a very sexy strong perfume and I wish I could wear it but it has that strength that gives me a migraine the way Thierry muglers angel does :( still, I'm glad others get to enjoy it as I think it's a good one!
Oh no that's not good sorry it makes you have headache Hun :( Yeah I know what u saying about the mac thing Hun I know they can be like year old etc as batch numbers :) I buy from a cco down in Portsmouth or America and off mates but not over the net as mac suggests not too :) as I been caught out before x I'm going to try n see if my pp account goes back they far Just talking about returns just to say me and others girls were not allowed to return these the company didn't want them back lol neither did they want us to get money back So we went through pp Pp told us to throw them in the bin straight away anyhow I never forget it !!! :(

beautycool

They have to accept returns as per distance selling regulations (or something like that!) and if they dont.... well like you say paypal :) To be fair, Ive bought quite a lot of stuff from secretsales and its always been fine, but I will post some pics on here when they arrive and people can have a look :)
You would of thought so wouldn't you But nope lol had to go through pp !!!!!! But some girls paid by credit card and took longer for money to be returned

rockin

We used to have a TJ Hughes in our shopping centre, and they sold odds and ends of various brands of makeup. I bought quite a few Stila items from them quite cheaply and they were always genuine, as well as Revlon nail polishes and even a few Urban Decay bits. The only thing is you had to make sure you checked the products before buying, as sometimes people had opened them in the store and dipped their fingers in. Some cream eyeshadows and pots of lip gloss were a real mess. I didn't realise they sold online as well.

I see adverts for Secretsales on TV every day, between episodes of Friends (my daughter watches endless repeats) and I keep hearing "Friends, sponsored by secretsales.com"

kirstw91

Lol sounds as bad as me lol you don't even want to know how many boxes in total I had when we moved last year lol So bad hubby said omg this cannot be all yours That's including my nail polish stash so mmmm lol yeah it was so over 25 boxes just my beauty stuff !!!! A complete nightmare tbh because when we moved in the conservotory was filled with my stuff only lmao. My husband couldn't believe I mean he could but you know he was gob smacked .
I've had to get rid of a lot, there's too much lol. I've been ruthless!

kirstw91

We used to have a TJ Hughes in our shopping centre, and they sold odds and ends of various brands of makeup.  I bought quite a few Stila items from them quite cheaply and they were always genuine, as well as Revlon nail polishes and even a few Urban Decay bits.  The only thing is you had to make sure you checked the products before buying, as sometimes people had opened them in the store and dipped their fingers in.  Some cream eyeshadows and pots of lip gloss were a real mess.  I didn't realise they sold online as well. I see adverts for Secretsales on TV every day, between episodes of Friends (my daughter watches endless repeats) and I keep hearing "Friends, sponsored by secretsales.com"
We used to have one ages ago, that's where I got most of my makeup stuff from. That used to drive me daft though, when people would stick their fingers in but the most annoying thing that I've ever seen was in TK Maxx, I saw this girl painting all of her nails and then putting the polish back on the shelf afterwards. The last thing I got from TK Maxx I had to search through the shelves for one that hasn't been messed with (the Too Faced A La Mode palette, £7.99)

beautycool

We'll I tried looking back into my PayPal account but hubby gave me a idea to see if I can get into my account with secret sales but I'm so not sure if it was them But I am a little sure it was so I be looking to see in my account if I can see any old order xx

beautycool

I've had to get rid of a lot, there's too much lol. I've been ruthless!
Snap lol I have wrapped so much make up up brand new stuff for all my nieces :) Madness and I'm still buying Flaming ridiculous When my stepdad passed in sept 2011 I then had my baby ten days later a day after we burried my stepdad well two days later I started collecting nail polish never grew my nails in my life and a woman in her 30,s growing her nails now Madness anyways think it was shock and grieve why that had happened I collected nail polish over a thousand bottles I think I had bought something like 500 within five months Stupid flaming stupid used to order loads from the states indies and things omg I think now what a waste of money and would love to sell some but I won't get back what I paid if that makes sense I want to sell my enchanted too not for silky money like some Anyhow yeah I went on a mad one as was getting paid more than what I do now And it's what made me forget and made me happy and blocked my mind Now I think stupid how stupid of me money wasted a lot of money I wish i only had a few bottles now Not interested in them but I had given away a few to my close friends and my family :) Gave away 200 bottles nightmare Has anyone ever ever lost someone close And done stupid things or hoarded things :( to deal with it all xx

beautycool

Just to say secret sales I think it was whom I ordered from a few years back nothing showing up on my account But they do have my address and they have my email too and I don't think I had given them my address just to sign up with them So yeah it must be when I sign in it does look familiar Maybe everything apart from mac is legit :) And mac just isn't somehow And if you email mac they would want to know where your getting the products from and will tell you that mac only sell real products from the free standing mac shops and department shops and them direct online So you could also email them to ask :)))

rockin

Just looked on HoF website, and they have items from MAC Wash & Dry and MAC Is Beauty, amongst others.

kirstw91

Snap lol I have wrapped so much make up up brand new stuff for all my nieces :) Madness and I'm still buying Flaming ridiculous When my stepdad passed in sept 2011 I then had my baby ten days later a day after we burried my stepdad well two days later I started collecting nail polish never grew my nails in my life and a woman in her 30,s growing her nails now Madness anyways think it was shock and grieve why that had happened I collected nail polish over a thousand bottles I think I had bought something like 500 within five months Stupid flaming stupid used to order loads from the states indies and things omg I think now what a waste of money and would love to sell some but I won't get back what I paid if that makes sense I want to sell my enchanted too not for silky money like some Anyhow yeah I went on a mad one as was getting paid more than what I do now And it's what made me forget and made me happy and blocked my mind Now I think stupid how stupid of me money wasted a lot of money I wish i only had a few bottles now Not interested in them but I had given away a few to my close friends and my family :) Gave away 200 bottles nightmare Has anyone ever ever lost someone close And done stupid things or hoarded things :( to deal with it all xx
I think everyone has a coping mechanism when they lose someone. I use makeup, especially lipsticks to almost relate to my Nanna who died when I was a teenager, before I was interested in makeup. My Nanna used to have her lippy on all the time and she loved her makeup. I have an excuse for my nail polishes, acrylic powders, glitter and nail art stuff because I'm a Beauty Therapist/Nail Technician and Hairdresser so it's the perfect cover up lol.

beautycool

I think everyone has a coping mechanism when they lose someone. I use makeup, especially lipsticks to almost relate to my Nanna who died when I was a teenager, before I was interested in makeup. My Nanna used to have her lippy on all the time and she loved her makeup. I have an excuse for my nail polishes, acrylic powders, glitter and nail art stuff because I'm a Beauty Therapist/Nail Technician and Hairdresser so it's the perfect cover up lol.
Sorry about your nanna :( mine passed when my boy turned one she passed on my boys first birthday :( That hurts every year still and he is 19 now But now I think are my kiddies doomed as there dates represent death :( A little story with my stepdaddy and my baby I won't say everything But my stepdad birthday was the 15 th sept My baby due date was the 15 sept too And my stepdad passed on the 4 th sept and we burried him on the 23 and had bub induced and had him the 25 th So yeah then I used to sit outside the cemmetray at 11 pm and sit in my car outside wanting to go in and see him even though I used to drive up there all time everyday before work after work then when I took my mum back home we used to drive there :( I suppose yeah it was my way of coping wasn't it But that's all I was interested in and my new baby but still had in my head why :( o why xx

beautycool

Ps brilliant job to be in Hun :) I did my nail course at Kingston I gave it up three months before I finished kick myself now But before that I did make up course there and passed :)

kirstw91

Sorry about your nanna :( mine passed when my boy turned one she passed on my boys first birthday :( That hurts every year still and he is 19 now But now I think are my kiddies doomed as there dates represent death :( A little story with my stepdaddy and my baby I won't say everything But my stepdad birthday was the 15 th sept My baby due date was the 15 sept too And my stepdad passed on the 4 th sept and we burried him on the 23 and had bub induced and had him the 25 th So yeah then I used to sit outside the cemmetray at 11 pm and sit in my car outside wanting to go in and see him even though I used to drive up there all time everyday before work after work then when I took my mum back home we used to drive there :( I suppose yeah it was my way of coping wasn't it But that's all I was interested in and my new baby but still had in my head why :( o why xx
People always say it gets easier but it doesn't really, you just learn to hide it better, it always hits me around Christmas time, the only deaths that I've had to cope with are my Nanna and Grandad. One of the worst days for me was when I passed my driving test because me and my grandad always talked about me driving and when he was first diagnosed with cancer he said that he would of liked to of been here for the first drive in my car. Also it got to me when I graduated university. I always think that they are still with me, when I was taking my test, my grandad was with me. They may not be here in body but they are here in spirit. X