UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

Marsha Pomells

Urgh Mac, that's just stupid, I thought that the whole point in naming the lipstick "All I Want" was to make it a Christmassy lipstick... And when do we get it.... After Christmas... Logic.

The AIW launch would be the most pointless launch EVER in the UK, this year from MAC. But nothing beats the Bao Bao Wan email that was sent after everything was sold out.

kirstw91

The AIW launch would be the most pointless launch EVER in the UK, this year from MAC. But nothing beats the Bao Bao Wan email that was sent after everything was sold out.

The hype will of died down with AIW, the whole point in that lipstick is to cash in on the christmas season, most people that will purchase that lipstick will be singing the song and feeling all christmassy, once Christmas is over with the launch of the lipstick is pointless, it won't sell as much as it would of done if it was launched at the right time.
I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder where Bao Bao Wan is concerned (Lavender Jade).

Marsha Pomells

The hype will of died down with AIW, the whole point in that lipstick is to cash in on the christmas season, most people that will purchase that lipstick will be singing the song and feeling all christmassy, once Christmas is over with the launch of the lipstick is pointless, it won't sell as much as it would of done if it was launched at the right time.
I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder where Bao Bao Wan is concerned (Lavender Jade).

I'm still quite pissed off about that launch. No one should ever have to order from another country, just for a lipstick.

kirstw91

I'm still quite pissed off about that launch. No one should ever have to order from another country, just for a lipstick.

What I'm annoyed about the most is that no one knows why we didn't get LJ. I asked a few MUA and they had no idea.
I'm living in a dream land that one day I might see it in the CCO and they had a hidden stash.

Marsha Pomells

What I'm annoyed about the most is that no one knows why we didn't get LJ. I asked a few MUA and they had no idea.
I'm living in a dream land that one day I might see it in the CCO and they had a hidden stash.

I could do with another LJ, for some reason. Someone on eBay is selling it for £32, but I don't know if it's still available. I'll try find the listing in the next day or so, or when I get my phone sorted.

Anitacska

Thanks, Georgina. Surprisingly, though, I am skipping both Ellie Goulding and Rebeleyes.

I have to say, I can't stand EG and the collection looks really boring to me as well.

Other than a few bits from the holiday collection (none of which I have used yet), it's been a while since Mac made me really excited about anything.

Marsha Pomells

I have to say, I can't stand EG and the collection looks really boring to me as well.

Other than a few bits from the holiday collection (none of which I have used yet), it's been a while since Mac made me really excited about anything.

Ok. I only picked up ER from Magic of the Night and worn it twice. I've got items from a previous collection in my Selfridges' basket, to think about. EG... Don't get me wrong, I like a few of her songs. But the collection isn't doing it for me.

jadiepyne

I bought a lipstick and a lipgloss from the EG range, only because I thought it would sell out and then I wouldn't have the choice. Im thinking I might return them because its a bit bleugh to be honest, not excited about receiving them like I have been with previous collections. Also nothing has sold out yet........ so I didn't have to panic buy.

Erinaceina

Is anyone thinking of getting the Boxing Day patentpolish? I'm really tempted, but I wish that we had swatches. I've just put in my order for Faerie Whispers (Cheek Pollen, Spellbinder, Sparkling Rose, Midsummer Night), and there's more stuff that I hope is still at counters when I get back home after Christmas.

leonah

sorry for hijacking and being out of topic a bit but I just wonder if any of you guys have used a forwarding company so you can shop from the US? I want to try it once and see how it goes but don't know where to start so all help would be very appreciated! thanks :)

Marsha Pomells

sorry for hijacking and being out of topic a bit but I just wonder if any of you guys have used a forwarding company so you can shop from the US? I want to try it once and see how it goes but don't know where to start so all help would be very appreciated! thanks :)

I use myus.com. There's a $10 joining fee.

Mazi

I used myus.com for a small order and it cost $50 to ship and additional £20 tax when it arrived. Will not be using them again its far too costly.

Anitacska

I use Stackry, there's no joining fee and you only pay for shipping. You declare the value yourself, so no need to pay customs/tax. ;) If you're interested in signing up, I can refer you and we both get $10 off the first shipping cost.

leonah

oh man I only want to buy two eyeshadows from mac since they are not available for sale here in scandinavia and that's 20 dollars for both since I only need the pans not the usual ones so I need something that is very inexpensive but efficient :) and if it works well I might try to order some colourpop too

Last edited:

Inamorata

I actually use mymallbox.com and there's no joining fee, and you just pay shipping. I usually use DHL express shipping and my package is here within 2 days.

Latest posts