understated combination recs for sumptuous olive?

Vedra

Hi all
smiles.gif

Last week I made my very first mini-haul: dovefeather, idol eyes, and sumptuous olive.
greengrin.gif
Since then I've been agonizing over what color to combine with sumptuous olive, without getting to flashy/ losing that sophisticated, subtle look of this color alone.

I'm very pale, with cool-toned skin, dark brown hair, greyish blue eyes and searching for a color thats lighter than s.o. (so I can use it on the lid with s.o. in the crease) and not too warm, preferably even neutral.

I've seen a few great looks with gorgeous gold, but I fear that's too bright for me (I feel the warm khaki-green to blue eyes and my cool complexion is already on the verge). What do you think about retrospeck, or vex (to cool-toned to combine?) Or would you recommend something else?

Please help me out, I'd love to see my mini-collection grow
winks.gif

Vedra

cloverette

i would definitely get vex!!! it's SO versatile! you could use it wonderfully with sumptuous olive.
and how about naked lunch? that will make your look very subtle/elegant, too.

Vedra

Thank you cloverette! I'm glad you said I can wear vex with sumptuous olive, 'cause that color is so unique and pretty - I'll get it as soon as possible.

AriannaErin

I wore it with woodwinked today and it looked pretty good together, really brought out the gold in the SO e/s. I also used a bit of swimming on the outer corner to bring out a bit more green
smiles.gif

Miss_Behave

I'm actually wearing it today with Patina in the inner corner, motif in the middle and sumptuous olive in outer corner and crease. it's a nice soft look that doesn't scream "green make-up" !!!
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Absolutely great paired with W'winked, as recommended above. It also goes nicely with the brown paints, if you can choose one that is light enough for your skintone. I love SO on top of Naturalism paint, but Bamboom, or Architecture are lovely too.

Vedra

Thank you all!
smiles.gif
I'll definitely try it with brown shades too, sounds very elegant.