"Unpopular" perfumes

user79

What's a perfume you like that not many people know about or wear? Seems like a lot of women tend to wear the big selling names, Dior, Chanel, D&G.... what's a perfume that you think is nice AND unique?

For me, I like....

Carolina Herrera - Chic
Nina Ricci - Premier Jour & Love in Paris
Givenchy - Eau Torride

Hardly ever smell those scents on other women.

ette

Yves Saint Laurent Springtime in Paris
all of my Cherriflip fragrances
Gucci EnvyMe2 (not yet at least...LOL)
Calypso Violette (one of my favorites!)
any of the Creed perfumes

lara

All of the more unusual Demeter fragrances. Can't stand the cocktail ones (bar Gin & Tonic!), but I love Laundromat.
Crabtree & Evelyn - Evelyn Rose*.
Benefit - Maybe Baby.
All of the men's perfumes that I pinch from DH.
My home-made 'Gunpowder' and 'Hot Scones' perfumes
winks.gif

* the rule is that you're not supposed to wear perfume when working, but I often wear a dab of Evelyn Rose or other old-fashioned C&E perfumes when I'm doing weddings - a lot of brides comment that it reminds them of their grandmother or great-aunt, and the scent-memory is usually very calming and relaxing.
smiles.gif

ette

^I love Maybe Baby! Forgot about that one - it's unique but not invasive and in your face like some others.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
^I love Maybe Baby! Forgot about that one - it's unique but not invasive and in your face like some others.

It's a sweet perfume that isn't completely overbearing and sugary. Miss Dior Cherie was, IMO, a really bad Maybe Baby knock-off - all of the sweetness, none of the lightness.
smiles.gif

ette

I totally agree. I might as well dab my wrists with an artificially sweetened peach cocktail and call it miss Dior Cherie.

d_flawless

i love kenneth cole woman, it's a heavier fragrance with a hint of "oriental" muskiness

i don't think anyone's mentioned issey miyake's l'eau d'issey, omg...this smells so awesome and fresh

mskitchmas

I really like So Pink by GAP, it's light and citrusy, I always get asked what I've got on when I wear it and my fav is I Love Love by Moschino, though I think this one is gaining some popularity.

mitziedoll

I am a fan of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu (smells like San Diego in Summer) and Sage Turquoise and Pearl oils. Another obscure favorite of mine is actually a mens fragrance that I like on me Hermes Rocabar.

HOTasFCUK

I've always loved Eternity by Calvin Klein but a lot of people say its too strong! I also have one by PUMA that i could only find in Italy (i now have about 5 bottles & i want people to stop bringing it for me LOL & they have a Puma one here but its not the same!) & Christian Dior 1947 is amazing but was LE. Ohhh and i have this one by Carolina Herrera and its a hot pink bottle in a big ice cube....smells soooo nice!

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
i love kenneth cole woman, it's a heavier fragrance with a hint of "oriental" muskiness

Are you talking about Black for Women? I wear it in the evening and love it. Black is very heavy on white flowers and musk.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
i don't think anyone's mentioned issey miyake's l'eau d'issey, omg...this smells so awesome and fresh

I agree! It's been quite a while since I've worn it so I think I might have to get it again.

jessiekins1

i like to keep to essential oils if i'm not using my hypnotic poison. i like sandalwood, patcouli, lavender, ylang ylang and peppermint. all in carrier oils of corse.
smiles.gif

Rockell

All of the Jo Malone perfumes that I have are amazing, and she is not well known here in the US, I don't think.

tinysaurus_rex

I love Maybe Baby. I inherited my dad's perfume allergy, so most scents give me a splitting headache, but Maybe Baby is soft, but at the same time it doesn't wear off in an hour. I also like that the scent seems to change slightly throughout the day; sometimes is very flowery, other times its more like a powdery scent.

I also like BPAL's White Rabbit. It's the only BPAL scent that I actually wear often, and whenever I do where it I get asked about it.

celesphine

I have "Fragile" by Jean Paul Gaultier. The EDP version is very heady, I have not had the guts to used it as yet. But the EDT is very light, it reminds me of flowers when I use it.
I also like Anna Sui "Sui Dreams" reminds me of vanilla, and everything nice and spicey.
Swiss Army "for Her" is also quite nice, fresh in a fruity way, sort of reminiscent of mandarins.

vivaXglamlove

i only wear three kinds of perfumes, i'm very picky

Love hangover by too faced
Maybe baby by Benefit
Be Delicious by Donna Karan