Ur opinion of BROGUES?

miss_pink

hi all...brogues (boy-ish looking lace-ups) have been featured all thru my latest copy of SHop Til You Drop (monthly mag devoted to fashion and shopping! LLL
eyelove.gif
) and was wondering what *YOU* think of it?
im looking at the pictures alone, and nothing in me is saying BUY BUY BUY! i'm a heels girl by nature tho so i cud be somewat biased as well! haha.

lara

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=56470

General consensus is that they're great if you have the right clothing and personal style to pull them off, otherwise you look like a stereotypical frumpy librabrian.

I have a pair of cap toe two-tone Chanel brogues that I've owned for years - they were a lucky find in a second-hand shop - and they're endlessly classic, but they need a structured look to get them 'feel' right.

Raerae

I dunno, I think it's difficult for anything in a 3-4inch heel to look boyish hehe, but I can see the inspiration for them.

I dont see myself personally wearing anything like that, I wear open toed/peep toes 12 months out of the year lol. But those have their place, maybe if you were a waitress or something and the dresscode wanted shoes like that lol.

daFilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=56470

General consensus is that they're great if you have the right clothing and personal style to pull them off, otherwise you look like a stereotypical frumpy librabrian.

I have a pair of cap toe two-tone Chanel brogues that I've owned for years - they were a lucky find in a second-hand shop - and they're endlessly classic, but they need a structured look to get them 'feel' right.

i agree if have the personal style to pull off something, then you can make things look different to how others may have first imagined them.

Dreamergirl3

I love 'em! But agree that you'd most likely have to work your whole outfit around the shoes. I bet they'd look super hot though with everything in place!!! Now I want some haha