Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette

NATlar

I kept saying I wouldn't but I kept going back playing around with the palette and I knew I'd kick myself if I passed haha! I'm surprised the counter still has some left... The lipsticks I got are Iracebeth (totally adore this shade a rasberry red), Alice and Mad Hatter... I wasn't interested in the other two shades! I have read some bad reviews saying the palette is poor pigmentation I'm not sure where they get that from because the pigmentation is brilliant.. even I believe those bad reviews before I had a play with the palette haha!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

NaomiH

Love it! I tried it on my lips yesterday at Sephora. It's pretty but I'm thinking I'll chill since I have more MAC Lustres than I care to have that I need to use aka shades that look best with liners. It is on my mind though, I swatched it with MAC Cloud Gait...

View attachment 54227
Right is blurry but shows that they shine more than the left.

[video=youtube;fQXFl4xpzhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXFl4xpzhM[/video]

I have zero lustres and absolutely hate them due to the formula, but I love a good sheer shade at times. If I did have a couple of lipsticks with this kind if finish though I wouldn't of gotten it more than likely. How do you like CG? I keep feeling drawn to it even though it's a lustre and that usually makes things an auto skip for me.

fur4elise

Some lipstick swatches. Top is with flash and bottom is outside in natural light. Granted it is 8pm so it isn't the greatest natural light. It was really hard to get Alice properly and to capture the lovely shimmer that Mirana has.

View attachment 54174

:heart:

The quality is definitely there.

Hmmmm. I bet they used the new formulas for this release, but kept it mum. I'm loving the iridescence of Alice! It could be layered over something. Very pretty. :)

NaomiH

:heart:

Hmmmm. I bet they used the new formulas for this release, but kept it mum. I'm loving the iridescence of Alice! It could be layered over something. Very pretty. :)

Thank you!
I believe I read somewhere that they did use the new formulas.

NaomiH

My palette should be here today! I wasn't going to get it, but who can pass up paying under 20 bucks for a 60 dollar palette? I know I can't! Lol

fur4elise

My palette should be here today! I wasn't going to get it, but who can pass up paying under 20 bucks for a 60 dollar palette? I know I can't! Lol

Yay for boxes o' pretty stuffs!

Again, so tempted by the palette, but I have so many colored palettes...and I have been on this neutral eye kick for a hot minute, to match my now colorful lip obsession! ;)

Swatchy swatch if you can! I think you and I are close in coloring...more so after I get some summer sun ;)
:sunshine:

NaomiH

Again, so tempted by the palette, but I have so many colored palettes...and I have been on this neutral eye kick for a hot minute, to match my now colorful lip obsession! ;)

Swatchy swatch if you can! I think you and I are close in coloring...more so after I get some summer sun ;)

I've been on a neutral eye kick too! I'll be sure to swatch it once it arrives.

NaomiH

View attachment 54245
Top row L-R Chronosphere, Time, Salazen Grum, Heads Will Roll, Kingdomy, Lily, Paradox, Hatter, Dormouse,Looking Glass

Bottom row L-R Mirror,Dream On, Royal Flush,Bandersnatch, Chessboard, Duchess, Cake, Gone Mad, Metamorphosis, Reflection.

Swatches over UDPP

NaomiH

View attachment 54245
Top row L-R Chronosphere, Time, Salazen Grum, Heads Will Roll, Kingdomy, Lily, Paradox, Hatter, Dormouse,Looking Glass

Bottom row L-R Mirror,Dream On, Royal Flush,Bandersnatch, Chessboard, Duchess, Cake, Gone Mad, Metamorphosis, Reflection.

Swatches over UDPP

AND of course my pic rotated itself causing the order I listed the colours to be in to now be wrong. *sigh*

NATlar

Can't get enough of "Iracebeth" at the minute it looks amazing a raspberry red and the matte formula feels amazing not drying one bit and lasts for ages <3 I've been using it with "Wonderland" Lipliner from the Gwen Stefani Collection!!

image.jpeg

Kaidan

I got Alice lipstick yesterday @ Sephora. It swatches bleh on my arm but the pink shift shows in all its glory when I applied it on my lips. It's a very nice and fun version of a nude lipstick. The formula for Alice wasn't drying at all and it was very comfortable which is excellent for me; however, I'm not a fan of the packaging. Let's just say that UD does good sheers, lol. I was disappointed with Time lipstick because it swatches patchy so I skipped it. The palette is pretty to look at but it's a skip for me in the end.

NATlar

I got Alice lipstick yesterday @ Sephora. It swatches bleh on my arm but the pink shift shows in all its glory when I applied it on my lips. It's a very nice and fun version of a nude lipstick. The formula for Alice wasn't drying at all and it was very comfortable which is excellent for me; however, I'm not a fan of the packaging. Let's just say that UD does good sheers, lol. I was disappointed with Time lipstick because it swatches patchy so I skipped it. The palette is pretty to look at but it's a skip for me in the end.

Try filling your lips in with a nude Lipliner you love and apply Alice over it'll loop beautiful <3 Time didn't do it for me either I wish it was a matte then it would've been a big hit!!! Mirana is a pretty vampy lip but I have too many of them shades haha!!

Kaidan

Try filling your lips in with a nude Lipliner you love and apply Alice over it'll loop beautiful <3 Time didn't do it for me either I wish it was a matte then it would've been a big hit!!! Mirana is a pretty vampy lip but I have too many of them shades haha!!

Thanks! <3 I'll use it with Ex-Girlfriend lip liner and see how it goes. Alice and Iracebeth are the hidden gems of the collection. I agree with you about Mirana and Time.

NATlar

Thanks! <3 I'll use it with Ex-Girlfriend lip liner and see how it goes. Alice and Iracebeth are the hidden gems of the collection. I agree with you about Mirana and Time.

You're welcome hope you'll love it :D I seen a YouTuber "tarababyz" she applied Alice to her lips and then applied Mad Hatter over it... looked so nice I'll have to try that haha!!

LiliV

I like my Alice palette but I really wish it had more matte shades in it bc it isn't a complete palette for me, I have to grab another palette with mattes to do a look with it. I think the shadows are really pretty and fun but to have that many and still have to grab another palette to do a complete look (as far as my look preferences go anyway) is a little bit disappointing

fur4elise

View attachment 54245

Swatches over UDPP

Thanks mama! ;)

Can't get enough of "Iracebeth" at the minute it looks amazing a raspberry red and the matte formula feels amazing not drying one bit and lasts for ages <3 I've been using it with "Wonderland" Lipliner from the Gwen Stefani Collection!!

View attachment 54297

Love it! :heart: I totally skipped on this collection, but now 3 lippies are standing out to me. Mad Hatter, Iracebeth & Alice! I may have to trip it to my local Sephora...

montREALady

View attachment 54297
Looks great on you!

You're welcome hope you'll love it :D I seen a YouTuber "tarababyz" she applied Alice to her lips and then applied Mad Hatter over it... looked so nice I'll have to try that haha!!

Alice was the opposite to me, it swatched lovely on my hand and wasn't much on my lips. I agree on the formula though, I have Ex Girlfriend and though you can't see it, it feels nice, lol! I only have Mad Hatter and it's quite lovely. That mix with it over Alice kind of makes me want to get Alice more now! I for some reason always think to layer a lighter color over a darker and never vice versa.

NaomiH

Thanks mama! ;)

Love it! :heart: I totally skipped on this collection, but now 3 lippies are standing out to me. Mad Hatter, Iracebeth & Alice! I may have to trip it to my local Sephora...

Definitely do it even if just for Iracebeth!

Latest posts