Urban Decay audition/interview help pleease :)

jazzabellap

Hi There, Im really excited to have an audition for an Urban Decay counter near me tomorrow and really dont want to muck it up as it is the only counter in my area, the hours are great and I feel like the brand represents me well therefore I will be able to represent them well (I worked for Clinique before which was far too resptricted for me appearance wise). So, I do one hell of a lot with my hair seeing as its short and Im naturally curly. I cant figure out how to do it, how much make up I should/shouldnt wear nor what kind of black outfit and I really want to get it right. Any tips or ideas from you guys will be welcome :) Should I do it like this? Thanks :)
cd232dc2_IMG_20130702_110544.jpeg

Cali1luv

Hi... I'm being nosy here :eek:)... how did it go? Do you mind sharing your experience with us?... I'm thinking of applying there.

jazzabellap

Hey. Only just seen this. It was good thanks :) was very quiet obviously as it was a wednesday afternoon but there were 3 girls, me being one of them and we got a little talk through of some products and sent off to traffic stop. Was a bit hard with it being quiet but if youve worked in cosmetics before you will know what it is like. You have to be fairly resiliant and upbeat and just ask everybody and be pretty pursuasive but obviousy respect their no if its a no. Sold a few things etc. Anyway everyone was lovely and we did it for about an hour and a half. At some point the area manager spoke to us briefly individually about the role and our expectations. At the end she thanked us and said she would be in touch in a few weeks as they were auditioning for that long. I got a call a few days ago as she had narrowed it down to me and 1 other and we did the same thing again today for an hour then had a one on one proper interview with the area manager which was really laid back and we talked about my previous experiences and what I want from a job roll, what I knew about the compant etc. Was great. She asked if I would do full time hours if they were there and touched on all of my management retail experience and said I had a lot and did I enjoy it and how accessible another area there is an Urban Decay is for me like about train stations etc? Maybe theres another job in another store? Who knows. I will know by then end of the week :)

Penny201

Hello, I know this topic is a little bit old but I just wanted to ask you a question. :) I had an audition for Urban Decay today with 3 other girls and was told that I had to sell 100 euro worth of products in 1 hour. Now the place I was barely had any customers and the counter didn't have any stock. I sold items and hit the 60euro mark pretty quickly and was asked to stay on a bit longer, every time I got someone to come back to the counter with me to try the products out, when i went to sell the product to them the manager kept saying they didn't have the products in stock, this happened about 5 times. The manager then said that the interview was over because I didn't sell 100 euro worth of products even though I would have sold over 200euro if they had any of the products in stock. The manager said she wanted to hire me but couldn't because I didn't meet the target, so frustrating! :( Just wanted to know if you had a target you had to meet?

jazzabellap

Hi I'm so sorry I've taken so long to reply! We didn't have a target? I'm in the UK. There were me and 3 other girls in my 1st audition for the part time position and there was no interview. We had to traffic stop, sit people down, apply and sell the products. She auditions several girls over several days. I had a 2nd audition a week later again with no target where we traffic stopped as before then there was a 2nd part face to face interview with the area manager. I had a 3rd interview yesterday a few weeks later however as she gave the part time position to another girl at my audition and she had kept me in mind for th Account manager position in another city! (I have many tears of retail management experience but the only beauty side is consultant for clinique) It was advertised as she interviewed others for it I guess but this time I had a long one on one interview with her then some more traffic stopping. I came back to her with a salary expectation yesterday and she called today to negotiate and offer the job :D so pleased!!! As far as saying she would hire you but you didn't hit the target I can see why that would be frustrating as you would hav smashed the target had th stock been there but it could also be about how you dealt with the stock not being there? I.e did you find out when it would be back in, if there was something similar suitable etc? It's either that or she was using an excuse but that is very unprofessional if that is the case! I do hope you find a job you'll love though as it sounds like your sales skills are great!! Good luck :)

Penny201

Hello again, that is great that you got the job so pleased for you. I'm in Dublin so maybe its different here, but when I was told that the item wasn't in stock I went on to recommended another product that was similar to the item the customer wanted, only to be told AGAIN that it wasn't in stock. The manager didn't seem to know when any of the stock would be coming in which I thought was odd. The customer wasn't really happy and just said she would leave it (understandable really). I asked the manager if any other products weren't in stock and she said to just look myself. Felt like i was working for free and she was doing nothing. So frustrating
001_unsure.gif
Any other person I asked that had auditioned with Urban Decay said that they never had a target to meet so I dunno. Obviously wasn't meant to be, I'll keep looking and hopefully i'll be able to report back some good news, Wishing you loads of luck with your new job
th_DANCE.gif
And thank you so much for replying back to me, really appreciate it.
thmbup.gif