Urban Decay Primer Potion?

LAW0MAN

I wasn't sure where i should post this but yeah... any who

i recently bought udpp and not even 2 hours in it's started creasing! so that was a bust... but my question is am i putting it wrong?

EVERYONE has their own way of putting on their make up so here's mine...
AND NOTE: that if i am putting the primer on wrong please tell me cuz it looks disgusting! lol

1st: moisturize
2nd: studio tech on my eyes (as for concealer) and other red spots on my face *190
3rd: mineralized satin finish foundation (all over, except for eyes) *187
4th: urban decay primer potion (on eyes)*194
5th: select sheer pressed powder (all over except for eyes)*129

for 6th and 7th depending on what look i want for my eyes and blush

do i put the udpp before any foundation ?
ssad.gif
im sooo confused please help me!

Purity

UDPP works great on me, I don't put on any foundation or concealer under it though, that might be your problem? I've found that if I wear foundation/concealer as a base for my eyeshadows, it creases, and when I wear UDPP it stays on all day. Oh, and when I put it on, I use the applicator to apply it to my lids, and then blend it into the skin using my fingers. Don't use too much since it will be to cakey, a little goes a long way!

COBI

I use it exactly the same way as purity: no foundation or concealer on my lids, applied with applicator, blend in with fingers.

HTH.

athena123

I use UDPP after eye treatments/serums and before anything else. Use the little sponge brush to dot all over eyelids and into crease then ring finger to blend in. Then I continue with my face before going back to eyeshadow so UDPP has plenty of time to absorb. I DO find it can make my eyelids look crinkly if I don't apply a hydrating eye cream; so using the primer makes it even more necessary to use a great eye treatment beforehand.

glam8babe

maybe you are using too much? when i first got UDPP i used a tiny bit... it worked AMAZING then i recently been using abit too much and its been hard to blend my eyeshadows but then the other day i did a tutorial and i only used a TINY amount and it worked amazing again!

elegant-one

I've always felt like I was one of the few who does not like UDPP. For me, it seemed like it always made the shadows hard to apply & I also noticed that the shadow colors just did not seem true afterwards.

newagetomatoz

I generally just moisturize my face and then wait about 15 minutes before doing my makeup. And I only put UDPP on my eyes--no foundation or concealer. I think adding in those extra steps is inhibiting UDPP from adhering to your lid properly.

Also, are you sure you're using enough? I'm kind of counter acting what glam8babe said (sorry!), but I found that if I put too thin of a layer that it creased pretty quickly. But this means that I wasn't stingy with application and used enough to cover my entire eye area without skimping on any parts. HTHS!

LAW0MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity
UDPP works great on me, I don't put on any foundation or concealer under it though, that might be your problem? I've found that if I wear foundation/concealer as a base for my eyeshadows, it creases, and when I wear UDPP it stays on all day. Oh, and when I put it on, I use the applicator to apply it to my lids, and then blend it into the skin using my fingers. Don't use too much since it will be to cakey, a little goes a long way!

i guess it is my problem. i shouldnt put any of my foundation on my eyelids except for udpp then my eye shadows... im gonna have to try it out!
THIS REALLY HELPS NOW IM NOT SOO CONFUSED ABOUT IT
thmbup.gif

candidilyme

i do what purity does also and then i let it dry a little before i put my shadows on and it's fine. but one time i was in a rush and put my shadow on like immediatley after i applied and it creased on me

Kuuipo

Urban Decay does not work for everyone. Recently it had a really negative review on Blogdorf Goodman . Bases work better without a moisturizer and foundation under them! Urban Decay is somewhat drying and irritating to some. Shadesticks, eyecrayons (Rimmels work great under shadow and good for layering without being too greasy) and cream shadows work better for some people. Just because it is popular doesn't mean its gonna rock everyone's world. (Anyone remember when Howard Johnson's only had vanilla icecream>)

BeautyPsycho

Also, make sure to let it dry before putting e/s on... I just recently started doing this, and it might do the trick because it was creasing on me as well
ssad.gif

Latest posts