urban decay vs mac

gabi03

I like urban decay more than mac simply because of their palettes. They have a ton of colors some with glitter so you need to be careful it will get everywhere, but i recommend their deluxe shadows. Like butter! And the 24/7 liners are nice and smooth, highly recommend as well too.

BEA2LS

I love, love urband decay! I used them before I used Mac, and they're great. I love how soft the shadows are and what can i say? i love glitter
cutey.gif

mizuki~

UD should make more of those deluxe shadows and stop with all that stupid glitter crap. I can't stand the fallout! But other than that, I prefer UD's shadows over MAC's because they're more vibrant and wayy more pigmented. I only need to use UDPP for UD's shadows for the color to show but with some of MACs shadows, I gotta use a second base like a paintpot.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
UD should make more of those deluxe shadows and stop with all that stupid glitter crap.

I couldn't agree more! I like a little glitter (sometimes) but a lot of the UD shadows are overkill.

I also like that they're triple pigmented, but they're so easy to break. I guess it's a give and take... their deluxe shadows are LOVELY though.

splattergirl

deluxe really are much more interesting than normal ones, I only dislike their kitschy box, reminds me so much of 80s
pompom.gif

Sally Bowles

I really like the combination of honey and graffiti. Both deluxe eye shadows. I love the kitchy box the palette comes in, I think it's cute!

I have a couple of the glitter ones and it's true - the glitter goes freaking everywhere.

Darkness

They are excellent eye shadows and I used to prefer them to MAC. Oil Slick is very much like Black Tied, Sin is a very pretty colour and highly recommended. I don't like Midnight Cowboy, IMO it's like a glitter bomb with not great colour pay off. Other good ones are Uzi (very glittery), Mary Jane, Strip, excellent for smokey eyes. One thing I did notice on me they didn't crease, if I went out clubbing they would stay on pretty much until the early hours of the morning. I would agree that some of the shades are more for an edgy/goth kind of look, but I noticed they have matte and deluxe eye shadows as well now.

-moonflower-

I think I prefer UD lately. I love their glitter-bomb eyeshadows
smiles.gif
Midnight cowboy rides again is my favourite probably. I don't actually get much fallout from it and when I do I take it off with sellotape.

MissAlphaKitty

I recently discovered UD eyeshadows and I tend to stay away from the glittery stuff so I've been very happy with the shimmer finish e/s from UD

I have X, Baked and Half Baked... and I would say they have better colour payoff and are nicer than MAC's Frost eyeshadows... more comparable to MAC's Veluxe Pearl finish

I just picked up Flip e/s from BBR collection today, and I'm disappointed it's not as nice as the similar goldy colours from UD... I think UD has raised the bar on my expectations for eyeshadows

HustleRose

maybe i'm just the type of girl that likes my e/s to be highly pigmented, but i find that only the ud deluxe shadows compare to mac. the ud 24/7 liners are amazing, much better than mac pencils imo. also their liquid liners -- the applicater it comes with is much better than liquid last liners.

stacyq251

I am a freelance mac artist now for 3 years but I used to freelance for urban decay and besides their eye potion primer I feel mac eyeshadows come in more of a variety of textures than urban decay. urban decay also has alot of glitter in their shadows which causes alot of fall out. I truly feel mac is the best product out there.

ms. kendra

I have one of the UD shadow boxes and I love the colors, except as already mentioned some are VERY glittery and fall out everywhere. Next time I'll just buy the individual pans with less glittery formulas.

Latest posts