used textbooks

banjobama

I bought three textbooks from three different people on half.com on September 15. My classes started September 24 and while I knew I was cutting it a little close I figured it would be fine.

One book came in 3 days, no problem. Here it is October 9 and I have not seen the other two!! The people ignore my emails (I sent them 3 each).

I filed claims for both transactions with half.com already, so I can get my money back, but what is wrong with people?? I've been having to photocopy pages out of my math book so I can do the problems at home.

So two out of three items I bought on half.com fell through... that does not sound good! I have never had problems on eBay but I will steer clear of half.com in the future!

Dizzy

I've had problems with half.com too. I stopped using them, now I go on Amazon to get all of my books.

The price ends up being about the same, just less problems IMO.

nunu

im sorry to hear that. some people out there are very selfish and inconsiderate! i use amazon it's much better and you don't have any problems.

giz2000

I am sorry you experienced this. I have bought and sold textbooks on Half and have had good luck in that I've received my books on time, and I also send the books out the day the money is received. I know that time is of the essence in these cases. I don't understand why someone wouldn't ship out the books knowing that the person who bought them needs them ASAP!

banjobama

Well I wrote one girl and said that the next day I would be leaving her a negative feedback and filing a claim since she didn't respond to my emails and didn't send my book. She wrote back saying she was sorry, and that she didn't check her email very often and didn't know the book had been sold! Give me a break, it was a month ago! At least she refunded the money.

faifai

half.com has caused me issues in the past as well - I bought some CIS books that are normally part of a set but I bought them all individually. What the seller neglected to tell me was that they were abbreviated versions of the normal textbooks! Imagine me trying to do my Chapter 6 work for the class and then realizing my textbook just stops at Chapter 3! I was so, so pissed.

janelovesyou

I've never had problems with my textbooks from half but I know others have. I think it's horrible, because it's not like it's some novel that your yearning to read. This is a textbook that you need for class! Whenever I sell books on half I make sure I get it to them asap because I know they need their books.