V for Violetta

misshapes

I believe someone on here did the draw-on-lashes thing recently. Thank You to that person! I attempted it today.

Sorry for long commentary. X-posted on LJ.

novpurpleflowersc0.jpg

I don't think I'm ever going to blend well. I really don't know everyone does it.

novpurplenaturallight2up3.jpg

Blending is not my forte. That bronzer line + my weird face shape= hilarious!! So 80s. Which WAS the look and theme I was going for.

novpurplenaturallightdo2.jpg

novpurplesidejk9.jpg
novpurpleside3dx6.jpg

Arty half light.

Okay enough face shots. Here are some detail shots.

novpurpleside2zl2.jpg

I do not own fake lashes (which would have made this look much better) so I decided to experiment with the 'draw-on-lash' look. It could've gone better. I think you need a good, firm and fine brush. My brush is great for eyelining but not so great for drawing (as it isn't firm enough). An aside: methinks it's better for me to use a brush for the powder foundation. I used the sponge today and it turned out way cakey and crepe-y.

novpurpledetail1fb7.jpg

Erm, I made a mistake with this eye. Clearly. BB liner is hard to erase!

novpurpledetail2rq1.jpg

novpurpledetail3ru4.jpg

Anyway. Mistakes aside. It was fun to do something different.

I used:

[FACE]:
Shiseido-foundation stick-B2 (applied rather haphazardly with fingers)
Shiseido-powery foundation-I40 (I think)

[BLUSH]:
Revlon-blush-Honey Brown Frost-(to give myself some sharp cheekbones for once. Damm pudge face. I pinched this from my mum, I'm not sure if it's available anymore)
Shiseido-blush duo-Rose Nature (B5)

[EYES]:
Firstglance-Purple e/s pallet
Firstglance-Pink e/s pallet
(These were given to me by this girl. I have no idea where she got them from. I'm sure they are inexpensive but they are quite good)
Bobbi Brown-Long Wear Gel Eyeliner-Black Ink (I used an artists Taklon brush, size 2/0)
Shiseido-Mascara base
Chanel-Inimitable mascara-Noir (it looked crappy today)
Clinique-Double date e/s (on brows)

[LIPS]:
Vaseline
Lancome-pink e/s
Satin gloss-Clearly
(I do this because I have yet to find a nice light pinky colour for my pigmented lips)

That's all. Cheerios!

yummy411

well between how you applied the foundation and the actual foundation you used... it looks like you have the most young, supple and dewy-est skin ever! perfect!