Venting... Woman to woman

CandiGirl21

So I have a cousin whom I thought it was going to be great to open up to. She seems practical and knows a lot about the goods in relationships. However she has this tendency to be a know it all. Which is what I F***ing loathe!
--------------------
So my b-day is coming up in the next two weeks and I'm going to a restaurant with my other cousin. I told her we'll have a few drinks, go shopping and just have a decent day out. For whatever reason she thought it was stupid to look nice for a simple day out on my b-day.
th_dunno.gif
So she went on to tell me that I should go to the club. Telling me, how do I expect to Meet men if I don't go out to the clubs (
th_LMAO.gif
). I wanted to remind her dumb a** that she didn't meet her husband there. I wanted to remind her that, we come from the same blood line and we're both stubborn. She such a know it all, why can't she seem to understand that???

I swear I wish I never opened up to her. I wish I never told her some things. I really opened up a can of worms
fight.gif

TISH1124

Number one it's your birthday....You should be able to spend it doing what you like to do...not what she thinks you Should be doing. Everyone doesn't want a "Club man" there is usually a reason they are there every friggin weekend. There are other places to meet good men...The reason you are single is not becasue you don't go to clubs but because Mr. Right has just not come along yet and he will when the time is right. You should want to dress up and look nice on your birthday...it's your day and something that makes you happy...why would she care if it's stupid if you want to do it.

Family sometimes....Who need enemies....Spend your day doing what makes you happy....no one else.

CandiGirl21

Yeah... She met her husband at the damn airport, meeting up with her friend. She is so damn dumb at times. Just thinks she knows it all. If it was meant for me to go to the club and find someone, obviously God would of made me a club person in the first place. Yeah I'm young going on 22, but I was raised with values.. There's nothing in the club for me...absolutely nothing.

I believe she's a statistic. Married, got kids and bored as S***. Too worried about the minor things, but when something major comes up she's ghost.

TISH1124

yeah I am not a club person either...every dude I ever met there when I was younger I should have left there. When the right man comes it does not matter if it is in the grocery, church, mall etc....I met my first husband at the grocery store....I always talked about women who dated online..I met my current husband 5 years ago online..we chatted for about 6 months before we finally met for lunch....I joined the site and he emailed me the exact same day I joined saying....I just paid $25 for a membership just to email you...please respond. So I felt inclined to just say hi...still thinking this is stupid...I chatted with more guys...but we always chatted all the time...then he called and I hated the sound of his voice so kind of wrote him off..but he was persistent.....needless to say 3 years after that we were married and I adore that man! lol

CandiGirl21

Funny you mentioned online dating because there have been two guys I've chatted with in the past that really caught my attention.

Guy one: was gorgous! he was so... handsome and made me wet by looking at him. there were a lot of problems and he eventually stopped chatting with me claiming it was his family. He was Mexican and puerto rican. This was about 7 years ago and I still think about him. There was a feeling of, calmness that I couldn't shake. I felt good!

Guy two: is in the same stake as I am. I don't feel anything with him, but he has a nice personality. We share some common interests as well. He has green eyes and I just love green eyes on Latin men. He's Puerto Rican/black. He's shown some slight interest, but not much. so whatever...

When the right one comes...there will be no hesitation and no wondering...

how did this get to pissing off cousin to men? LOL
but I'm calm now.

gildedangel

I'm sorry that you don't seem to get along with your cousin, saying that husbands are found at clubs is a weird thing to say. I suppose some people do find their spouses at clubs but I think that is probably a minority, it certainly isn't for me either. And gosh you're only a couple of years older than me, your biological clock isn't exactly ticking yet lol. There is nothing wrong with being single and she shouldn't make you feel rushed about that. I met my bf through a mutual friend and he happened to live right above me in the dorms. I wasn't sure about him at first but he is a wonderful man and I wouldn't know what to do without him! The guy for you will come along someday and probably not at a club, don't feel rushed just take your time.
smiles.gif
If your cousin is that mean to you stop telling her things, you are not obligated to share anything with anyone. Good luck!

L1LMAMAJ

most women don't meet their future husbands at clubs. i agree with what tish said about how there is a reason why they r there every weekend...a man will come into ur life when u least expect it. thats how i met my bf.
smiles.gif
ur cousins sounds like she needs to know when to shut up. lol

CandiGirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
most women don't meet their future husbands at clubs. i agree with what tish said about how there is a reason why they r there every weekend...a man will come into ur life when u least expect it. thats how i met my bf.
smiles.gif
ur cousins sounds like she needs to know when to shut up. lol

Thanks ladies...I was starting to feel abandoned by the other members...
ssad.gif

any who, My mother says my cuz don't mean any harm and that she just wants me to get out the house more often. However, the club scene isn't me at all. There are other places I'd rather go and when I suggest a place her ass bails out on me. Making me think she just loves to talk and give unwanted advice. Last I heard, her hubby wasn't laying the D*** down like he should be. Maybe that's why she's in my business.
th_dunno.gif

I do agree that the club is the worst place to meet a man. They only want the coochie so why ever bother looking there? Her whack ass excuse won't fly with me.

Funny, we have some similarities and I guess this is where we bump heads. No one can tell her shit and no one can tell me shit either...
nope.gif