throwup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Lets hope they dont have formaldehyde in their panties
greengrin.gif

Ive been getting alot of free panty coupons in the mail, maybe this is why
smiles.gif
Joking!

LMAO! I've gotten about 20 of those damn free panty things this year versus the two a year I usually get...You may be on to something lol
cutey.gif

Dice1233

I love the secret embrace bras and have had no problems and plan to buy more. If I did develop a rash, I certainly would not be seeking 'suffering' in addition to medical bill repayment. I agree that if there is a potential allergen in the bras, the company must advise the consumer of this, but if you buy makeup and are allergic to it, you stop wearing it and return it, you don't sue the manufacturer. Too bad she couldn't get the attention of the news without filing a lawsuit about it-- actually, I guess it's too bad that the company didn't come out with it themselves, seeing as they've had multiple complaints. Kinda sux all the way around I guess....

kittykit

There's a VS store open near my place recently. I checked bought some sexy little things panties yesterday... but I was too afraid to buy their bras after reading this thread.

TISH1124

^^ I wouldn't be afraid ...I'm still gonna wear mine...But if I notice the slightest tingle then I will surely take it off...But I'm not ditching my lovlies...I think they were saying it was only a select batch that were made in China for a couple of years...But they no longer use that particular mfg company and they normally don't have their items made in China .you know I have been was tag checking

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Wow! I'm pretty happy now that they don't carry my size!
greengrin.gif

Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Boy am I glad my tatas grew out of those bras!!

Me too!
th_LMAO.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I wouldn't be afraid ...I'm still gonna wear mine...But if I notice the slightest tingle then I will surely take it off...But I'm not ditching my lovlies...I think they were saying it was only a select batch that were made in China for a couple of years...But they no longer use that particular mfg company and they normally don't have their items made in China .you know I have been was tag checking

IT BURNSSSSSS!!
lmao.gif

Lauren1981

Quote:
I was listening to the news today...and there is a Lawsuit against VS regarding their bras causing rashes due to formaldehyde possibly being used in the manufacturing process. Have any of you heard about this?

I looked for a thread on this..But couldn't find one...
Mods please merge if there is one already...

i didn't hear about the stuff in the bras but i did see this video a few months ago. this dumbass is suing because a piece of the thong supposedly hit her in the eye........ you will be irritated watching this woman because she is a broke ass dummy........ as is her lawyer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25258620#25258620

monter

I really wouldn't worry about this. I don't have scientific proof to back it up, but I would bet that as many people are allergic to this minute amount of fomaldehyde as they are the dyes used in the bras, or the silicone in the strapless bras, or something contained in th gel/oil padding in some of the bras...

I've worked at VS for six years, and I've seen very, very few people bring back bras because of irritaion or rashes. Most were wearing too small a size. Granted, I'm not there 24/7, but still. It's not like it happens all the time.

The panty lady is nuts.

By far, the most offensive lawsuit VS is in right now is the patent infringement one... I'm guessing that's why they don't have the 100-way bra in stores anymore, because they did some pretty underhanded stuff to the lady that came up with the idea for it.

MACandie2012

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
Love you! Not in they panties...the free ones are just pre-owned
th_LMAO.gif
Nothing like recycling!

ewwwww...that's gross! i'm glad u told me that!
specktra_rocks.gif

shea_47

We don't have a VS, we have a LaSenza though...the Canadian, VS-owned chain store. I have never had a problem with their bras, but I don't buy items made in China anymore, so the bras I own are made in Indonesia, Korea, Hong Kong specifically, etc.

Ever since lead paint was used on children's toys and the company figured it out after months and months of production and child poisonings, I didn't think it would hurt, hehe. It's tough and some people think it's stupid but I try not to support the Chinese economy *shrugs*

jaclynashley

I'm still wearing my bra's!
If I ever get some sort of redness I won't wear them anymore but I agree about the woman possibly wearing a too small size.

Repunzel

well i love vs trackies and lingerie and i'm not giving them up.but it was an interesting article

MAC_Whore

I can very much see how the possibility of a formaldehyde allergy could cause their rash. I am allergic to formaldehyde. The only time it ever gave my trouble was in nail polish. It would make my cuticles puff up, turn red and itch.

I also had contact dermatitis, which meant that any area my fingernails (covered in nail polish with formaldehyde) touched often enough, got irratated. My eyes and lips would swell up from my fingers touching my face to apply makeup. I was beyond thrilled when I figured out what was causing it.

I can't imagine what formaldeyde pressed against my chest all day would do. Bad things, I'm sure.

blazeno.8

After working for the company I didn't respect what they did to their employees and now I know that they have no redeeming qualities because of what they do to their customers.