"Violent Girl Syndrome"

Nepenthe

I've been tempted more times than I can count, but it's just not worth it. I'm over 6', which apparently makes me a good target for short/tiny drunk women whenever I go out. I've had a few people come at me, but I move faster than people may think (espeically drunk ones LOL), and just watch them stumble and fall. Then I tend to make a joke at their expense, and walk away. If someone actually hit me, then it's on.. but for the most part it's just not worth it, especially with the way people are sue happy these days.

tigerli17

The one time I got into a 'fight' I was completely outnumbered and it was barely a fight on my part. I was 18, with my friend and my 9 year old cousin at the time. They were at the bus stop drinking a full sized bottle of Lambrini, they could only have been about 13/14 and they started making fun of our clothes, calling us 'Dirty Goths' and the like. I wasn't about to aggravate it more so I took my cousin and took him round the other side of the bus shelter but could hear them giggling. Next thing I knew one of them came round the corner and doused me in the rest of the Lambrini, threw the bottle at me and ran off with her little mates.

Short version: Threw the bottle as they legged it off - stupid move but I was angry, 2 other girls came by (couldn't have been older than 16) complaining I was breaking glass where their 'babies walked'. I told them it was none of their business and to bugger off while I waited for my bus to come along. They walked behind me towards the bus that had just arrived on the other side of the road and one hit me in the back. A reflex action caused me to hit the wrong one back and, as I was trying to explain this, I got a punch in the face, my hair got pulled and my head was pulled between my legs. Her mate and the other 3 lil bumholes came back and shoved up against the wall and I got the proverbial crap kicked outta me - totally outnumbered 5-1 with my 9 year old Cuz cowering behind the bus shelter and my mate trying to get them off me.

As for this Violent Girl Syndrome - just violent people in general more like! I highly doubt its a medical issue too! It's nothing that plain old talking and anger management can't sort out. If people just talked more it would help I reckon, talk about handling things in a different way, about their feelings and such.

The amount of people round my way simply beaten up for stupid things like supposedly giving someone a dirty look or even not having a watch on them to tell someone the time (That one really did happen too!). Its turning into a violent world out there and it doesn't matter what you do anymore, if they want to fight they will start one and no amount of reasoning is going to help. It all feels like survival of the most brutal at the moment. Its not just girls that have toughened up, everyones gotten more violent in my opinion. And as you can tell from the story above, I'm clearly not a fighter. I don't like confrontation, I have a horrible temper but I've no intention in using my fists to sort things out. If anything though, that one and only beating has taught me to be on my guard and to be prepared now. And to possibly hit the right person next time....

chocolategoddes

I agree with everyone who said this 'Violent girl Syndrome" is bullshit. Just another excuse.
I've never gotten in a physical fight because I'm quite laid-back. Oh, I've been in situations where I could've smacked a girl in the face, but I usually back off. Not because I'm a wuss but it's better to just ignore them.

My guilty pleasure is a good girl fight. My school has about two every month.
Sadly entertaining and amusing until it happens to you, I guess. :/

TwiggyPop

I'm a pretty small girl, 5'9" 110lbs. Tall, but very small frame. I guess people thought I was an easy target to pick on in school. I had to grow up fighting my way through every day so I had to learn how to fight dirty.
After high school I went years without anymore physical altercations, until I started as a housemom at a strip club. (I did hair and make up for the girls) There were quite a few fights there and I had to break them up, sometimes there would only be 3 of us in the dressing room, the 2 fighters and me so I guess fighting in high school helped me because I had already learned how to use all my weight to throw someone to the ground. Normally to break up a fight I would just put the trouble maker in a head lock and throw her to the ground, but sometimes they were drunk or just didn't want to give up and I would get hit. I never get hit without hitting back and sometimes I had to get dirty about it. If a girl has a big weight advantage over me then I would use a weapon to even things out. I've sprayed a girl in the eyes with hair spray, slammed a door on someones head, I even stood on a girls throat 30 minutes after I first met her. haha. She was a new girl that was obviously on drugs and kept starting fights as soon as she got there. Needless to say she was fired as soon as the manager came upstairs.

I haven't worked there in over 2 years and wouldn't it figure it's been that long since I was in a fight.

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyPop
I'm a pretty small girl, 5'9" 110lbs. Tall, but very small frame. I guess people thought I was an easy target to pick on in school. I had to grow up fighting my way through every day so I had to learn how to fight dirty.
After high school I went years without anymore physical altercations, until I started as a housemom at a strip club. (I did hair and make up for the girls) There were quite a few fights there and I had to break them up, sometimes there would only be 3 of us in the dressing room, the 2 fighters and me so I guess fighting in high school helped me because I had already learned how to use all my weight to throw someone to the ground. Normally to break up a fight I would just put the trouble maker in a head lock and throw her to the ground, but sometimes they were drunk or just didn't want to give up and I would get hit. I never get hit without hitting back and sometimes I had to get dirty about it. If a girl has a big weight advantage over me then I would use a weapon to even things out. I've sprayed a girl in the eyes with hair spray, slammed a door on someones head, I even stood on a girls throat 30 minutes after I first met her. haha. She was a new girl that was obviously on drugs and kept starting fights as soon as she got there. Needless to say she was fired as soon as the manager came upstairs.

I haven't worked there in over 2 years and wouldn't it figure it's been that long since I was in a fight.

:O Gangsta! lol. Teach meeee!!!

NicksWifey

Ok, I have a pretty serious anger problem, but I'm not buying the syndrome bullshit.
As much as I love "Bad Girls Club", those bitches need some Xanax and a good lay and I think they'll be straight for a while.

I hit a girl once, it was a girl younger than me LOL. She kept running her mouth and kicking the back of my seat, I asked her to shut up and stop kicking my seat and then she pulled my hair so I just turned around and nailed her in the face. I got suspended off the bus for the rest of the week and got a referral, but honestly, I asked her nicely to stop and she didn't.
I've got into fights with guys before but that was waaay in the past.

Shimmer

I was a scrapper. I threw down with boys and girls, generally from the 3d grade up until my...um...soph year of HS.
I've been in a couple of...ah...situations...as an adult. I've no qualms with taking a punch or giving one. I'd rather throw one than catch it with my jaw though.

One fight really stands out because it was me when I was in 8th grade (I was 4'11" and all of like 95 lbs) and this girl just...grossed me the hell out. I told her she needed some raising and to learn some manners and she slapped me.
She was 5'6" and easily a solid 160+. She was also a very bullyish female in a VERY small school. Busybody/loudmouth/pretty much loathed by student body and faculty alike. I wasn't much more popular among the student body, but that was more because I was poor than because of anything like what she had going on.

We tussled a bit on the floor and I managed to stay on top, then grabbed her hair and dragged her up and into a wall face first, and then slung her back down on the ground and went to wailing on her face some more. I honestly don't remember if I was punching or slapping or probably a combination of both.

By the time someone felt some kind of obligation to separate us, the school was rather silent as they watched.

Then, they applauded. I finally outgrew the nickname 'slugger' midway through my senior year.

Willa

I've been in a fight once, and never wanted it to be like that!

I was at the mall, choosing a sandwich and a salad. A girl wasnt ready too, so the man told me to pass in front of her. I was going to pay when she came, about 3 inches from my face, telling me that I took her place and such. The man was telling her that he asked me to, but she continued to argue.

At one point she was mad at me because I was french, saying that in Montreal people should all speak english and that french was bad and so and so. She was probably looking for trouble I guess.

Anyway, I asked her politely to stop putting her hand in my face (less than a inche), she didnt. I then put my hand on her shoulder to bring her back to reality, like hello??? I'm asking you not to do that and you still do. And then BAMM!!!!!! She exploded! She started to pull my hair, hitting my face.

All I could do was to throw my plate in her face and jump away. I felt on the ground. As I am not a violent person, I started to scream at her that she was crazy. The man refunded me and I ran away.

th_dunno.gif

SkylarV217

^^^^ OMG I would have *FREAKED* out I wouldn't have know what to do ... She basically attacked you I don't think I would consider that a fight but more of an assault .

MACATTAK

Once, but thankfully it didn't end in violence!!!!!!!!

In high school these 3 bitches came to my house to beat me up. One said, she "heard" I was mean to her brother," yada yada...never happened. If by mean, she meant "wouldn't date," then yes she was right. He even gave me one of my oldest cats...come on now. I was nice to EVERYONE!!

Anyway...I told her that there were plenty of things that I had "heard" about her in high school (slutty, trampy, etc) All none of my business, and I couldn't care less about her life, or what she chose to do with it. She got really butt-hurt, and offended by it. She kept trying to justify herself. I just told her it was none of my business, and if I believed everything I "heard," we'd all be in trouble.

3 bitches got back in their car & took off. Never had a problem again! Thank god because that day, I totally admit I would have been defeated!!!

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I've been in a fight once, and never wanted it to be like that!

I was at the mall, choosing a sandwich and a salad. A girl wasnt ready too, so the man told me to pass in front of her. I was going to pay when she came, about 3 inches from my face, telling me that I took her place and such. The man was telling her that he asked me to, but she continued to argue.

At one point she was mad at me because I was french, saying that in Montreal people should all speak english and that french was bad and so and so. She was probably looking for trouble I guess.

Anyway, I asked her politely to stop putting her hand in my face (less than a inche), she didnt. I then put my hand on her shoulder to bring her back to reality, like hello??? I'm asking you not to do that and you still do. And then BAMM!!!!!! She exploded! She started to pull my hair, hitting my face.

All I could do was to throw my plate in her face and jump away. I felt on the ground. As I am not a violent person, I started to scream at her that she was crazy. The man refunded me and I ran away.

th_dunno.gif

Where did this happen? LOI 101!

TwiggyPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
:O Gangsta! lol. Teach meeee!!!

haha, I don't think a person can learn how to fight like that. It just kind of happens, like when you push a dog into a corner, eventually it's going to bite.
Yes, I just referred to myself as a dog. haha. But it's the best analogy I could come up with. I don't want to be a fighter, but I won't curl up in a corner if I have to stand up for myself or someone else.

darkishstar

Well. I take kung fu and have for 7 years now. I've never ever really got into a scrap. I grew up in a tough neighborhood, but I've been told have a killer look/death stare, so people leave me alone.

I have gotten into big fight with my sister before. I've left her arm bloody before. (So ashamed.)
And I HAVE kicked the shit out of guys at kung fu before. I'm one of the few girls there, so I HAVE to work for my respect, especially if I'm their senior. None of this boys and girls bullshit.

There was one time, a girl was taking maybe her 3rd class in kung fu and one of the guys had the nerve to beat the crap out of her, ON HER THIRD CLASS, what the hell was he trying to prove? The teacher told us to switch partners, and I jumped in front of him and I was like.. "Oh, it's on." And proceeded to beat the shit out of him, he got really angry, but it sure shut him the hell up. Gosh, how did they raise him to beat a girl like that? Sure put him in his place and taught him to respect women!

I've also punched a hole in the door before... and broke a window while slamming it shut... I'm violent towards objects though, not people!

Oh. Except this one time, this 18 year old boy thought it was a funny idea to grab my booty when I was drunk. I walked up to him.. "What was that for?" He was like.. "I didn't do anything! You liked it anyways!" I repeated "What was that for?! What the hell were you thinking?" He just backed away and kept saying he didn't do anything, so I walked up to him, and punched him, twice in the chest, really hard. My friends, who were 10 FEET AWAY heard the punches (man, I must have punched him hard!) and 4 of them had to jump on me and haul my ass away before I could start beating up the guy.

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Well. I take kung fu and have for 7 years now. I've never ever really got into a scrap. I grew up in a tough neighborhood, but I've been told have a killer look/death stare, so people leave me alone.

I have gotten into big fight with my sister before. I've left her arm bloody before. (So ashamed.)
And I HAVE kicked the shit out of guys at kung fu before. I'm one of the few girls there, so I HAVE to work for my respect, especially if I'm their senior. None of this boys and girls bullshit.

There was one time, a girl was taking maybe her 3rd class in kung fu and one of the guys had the nerve to beat the crap out of her, ON HER THIRD CLASS, what the hell was he trying to prove? The teacher told us to switch partners, and I jumped in front of him and I was like.. "Oh, it's on." And proceeded to beat the shit out of him, he got really angry, but it sure shut him the hell up. Gosh, how did they raise him to beat a girl like that? Sure put him in his place and taught him to respect women!

I've also punched a hole in the door before... and broke a window while slamming it shut... I'm violent towards objects though, not people!

Oh. Except this one time, this 18 year old boy thought it was a funny idea to grab my booty when I was drunk. I walked up to him.. "What was that for?" He was like.. "I didn't do anything! You liked it anyways!" I repeated "What was that for?! What the hell were you thinking?" He just backed away and kept saying he didn't do anything, so I walked up to him, and punched him, twice in the chest, really hard. My friends, who were 10 FEET AWAY heard the punches (man, I must have punched him hard!) and 4 of them had to jump on me and haul my ass away before I could start beating up the guy.

Yea, my jaw is dropped open still... Wow...

I'm gonna sign up for Kung Fu sometime then.

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyPop
haha, I don't think a person can learn how to fight like that. It just kind of happens, like when you push a dog into a corner, eventually it's going to bite.
Yes, I just referred to myself as a dog. haha. But it's the best analogy I could come up with. I don't want to be a fighter, but I won't curl up in a corner if I have to stand up for myself or someone else.

I completely understand. Almost like the animal instinct springs out.

CantAffordMAC

Oh yeah. This one guy was a big shit talker in high school. Well so was my friend (the same friend I stood up for before
th_rolleye0014.gif
) Well he kept tallking shit to her and she told him to shut up, etc, and she started getting mad and talking about the way he looked. So he got offended and threw a carton of orange juice at my friend, so my friend started throwing stuff at him, I had a huge cup of ketchup on my plate and hurled it at him, then grabbed him by his shirt and threw a few punches (i dont think i got his face though, all the ketchup made me slide around) LOL

A teacher pulled me away and took me to the office. That happeend in the cafeteria LOL. Good times.

Latest posts