Visiting America soon...HELP

TJgirl

Im visiting Houston, TX later this year (from the UK)

I absolutely loveee makeup, is there anything in particular I should get while Im there?

Drugstore, high-end or whatever. Its all a lot cheaper over there and I want to plan a bit of what Im getting before I go.

CANT WAIT
yahoo.gif

Thanks in advance! x

Norwaygirl

Get all you ever wanted from MAC or other high-end brands!!! Just kidding, but seriously, it costs about half as much there as it does here.

When I visited the US I went to MAC, drugstores for random items and also to Sephora where I bought NARS blushes and the UD deluxe palette and some more stuff. Sephora has cool brands that might be hard to find in the UK such as MUFE, Stila (I think?) and a lot more.

If I went there again, I'd just buy soooo much stuff. I'm more into makeup now than I was when I went last year.

Basically everything you buy is going to be a bargain from our perspective.

Hth.
winks.gif

emeraldjewels

Buy everthing you ever wanted make up wise cause its literally 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper than over here.

I'm going in november and I'm planning on getting so much make up, in fact I have been saving a make-up USA fund for months and months cause I know what good prices you get.

Definitly check out sephora cause they have lots of really good brands all in one shop.

Drugstore wise, I really want to try CoverGirl Lashblash cause I have seen some really good reviews of it on youtube. Also, if you like max factor that is so cheap too.

Shaquille

drugstore:
Milani eyeshadows
NYX eyeshadows, blushes
Jane blushes
CoverGirl LashBlast and some eyeshadows

Check out MAC and Sephora..

Have fun!!

Kayteuk

When I fly to the US i just live at the MAC counter.
Cheaper products to buy out there are:

Hair products, like Bedhead, Redken

Make up is so much cheaper!

I go to wallgreens in the US and just raid the place!
Also stuff like Clinique skin care, perfumes, shoes.

Everythings a lot cheaper!

ginger9

Duty free makeup shopping is also something worth checking out. You'll see a great variety from both airport terminals so watch out for those as well! Have fun!

Brittni

I hope this doesn't come off rude, but I don't understand why 'if you love makeup so much' you don't have some inclination as to what to get. When I say I love makeup, I truly do. I read tons of beauty blogs daily to know the new products and must-haves therefore I compile my own list and don't really need suggestions, but totally it is understandable that some things you just might not have heard of. I dunno, the way you said it just came off wierd to me! LOL

As for suggestions, take a few trips to Sephora. It has soo many different brands all in one store that you'll be able to play for hours and figure out what you really like/want to buy! Also I'd suggest like a Macy's or something b/c they have a lot of different counters too.

If there is a CCO near your location, you *MUST* check that out and get MAC *EVEN* cheaper as well as other great brands like Bobbi Brown etc!

Have an amazing trip in America!!!
smiles.gif

chipmunkvoice

^ oh yeah.. i DEFINITELY recommend a CCO if you can find one. Those places are wow.... so is Sephora hehe Um, in addition to MAC and makeup...

i think nail polishes! I stock up on OPI nail polish coz its only $8 there whereas its $20 a bottle here in Australia =______=

nursee81

CCO is a good place to get some cheap brand names things its a must to check out. At sephora check out the MUFE HD foundation I hear good things about it, Haven't tried it my self yet but hopefully will this wkend. Ulta is another sephora type place with MU and hair care items.

thelove4tequila

Yup go to a CCO, Sephora, Target, Wal Mart and maybe Long's drugstore (if they are even in Texas).

Of course MAC also. Have fun!

Kiseki

NARS Makeup, specially blushes. Armani foundation (a lot cheaper than in Europe), Laura Mercier and find a MAC Pro store and stock on eyeshadows and a palette (or two).

Oh, and makeup brushes.

anshu7

heres a list
monistat anti chafing gel for primer
nyc loose/pressed powder
mufe foundation
stila (well..everything!)
mac 187
essence of beauty brushes
sonia kashuk brushes
milani and nyx in general
bobbi brown shimmer bricks and pot rouges