Viva Glam Cyndi or Gaga?

makababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Yeah, you have to remember that the MAs are sales associates as well so they don't care about you walkin' outta there looking like a fool as long as they meet their #s for hte day, LOL!

Plus I'm a great believer that if you have to use a liner/gloss to change a color so much that it barely resembles the initial lippie color, then that shade wasn't for you in the first place!
girl_devil.gif

THIS ! With that said, I really wanted GAGA since it looks like a really nice pink in the tube but it probably wouldn't look good on me. Cyndi looks like a really nice color overall. Have not seen one bad swatch of it yet, on anyone. So I am leaning towards that personally.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Plus I'm a great believer that if you have to use a liner/gloss to change a color so much that it barely resembles the initial lippie color, then that shade wasn't for you in the first place!
girl_devil.gif

But isn't makeup experimentation after all?

That's kinda like saying 'Idk what to do with this blazer!,' then adding a shirt under it that works.

Or having someone do poorly in math but excel in writing.

It's all about finding what works well and how it works well.

If I had thought to put down Blast O' Blue just because it was a fr-ugly glaze alone, I wouldn't have the amazor looks I like to do today with my blue toned lippies.
yes.gif

Desigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
here's GaGa...

DSCN0563-1.jpg

here i used one coat of GaGa w/ NARS Ophelia l/g on top. i later had to reapply and used 2 coats of GaGa and it still looked like
heart.gif
. i think the key w/ this lippie is not using a heavy hand

Gaga looks really pretty on you. I'm really tempted to get it, when it comes out in the UK. I've got Ophelia on my wish list as well.

jess126xo

i have both and they are both amazing .. i love gaga's more tho .. i am wearing it on my avatar pic btw .. it is actually very wearable.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess126xo
i have both and they are both amazing .. i love gaga's more tho .. i am wearing it on my avatar pic btw .. it is actually very wearable.

Gaga looks GREAT on you!

Soundclash

I think both can work. I have Cyndi & I LOVE it. Its so beautiful, NW50 for reference. I can see myself picking up Gaga later on since it is available for a year, it may take a bit more effort but I think the combinations are endless.

I paired a sheer layer of Cyndi with Sweet Revenge gloss(sheer pink grapefruit with gold glitter) from Nars & I really enjoyed the combination.
jv0wlf.jpg

I also tried a deeper red lip with Cherry Lip liner from MAC, Cyndi and Amourous Dazzleglass creme on top.

oi50zb.jpg

she

....gaga ooh lala... i'm nc50 as well and i chose gaga's shade over cindy's.

we paired it with a wine l/l and you can top with something like partial pink, ample pink or really any sheer or sparkly gloss. it reminds me of plink! which i adore and use with my burgundy l/l. if this nc50 can do it then i am sure some others can too. enjoy!

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Have any of you bought one (or both)? Which did you go for? I'm thinking about getting the Gaga shade when it's out in the UK but am not sure. I'm NC50 for reference.

both shades are really nice. I'm NC50 and both looked great!

makababy

jesse126 gaga looks really good on you.

Goat, I totally agree. But it's always better to have something that looks good right out the tube AND can be mixed with other things.

Sigh, looks like I'm gonna have to pick up both, lol.

FierceMrsButler

Both are GAWGEOUS, with the right combination of course... I got Cyndu in gratis and hated it, so I thought... but I mixed it up and came up with a nice collabo:

Beet lip liner all over the lip (line and fill them in)
VG Cyndi all over the lip
Then Love Alert dazzleglass on top or Venetian lustre glass...
=very pretty but soft red color...

Then the Dun Dadda of them all, VG Gaga... I have this combo down to a science...

Plum lip liner (or Plum Royale cremestick liner) all over the lips, lined and filled in
VG Gaga all over the lips
Ample Pink Plushglass (or Baby Sparks dazzleglass)
=Soft and supple pink lips... very very pretty...

Promise these combos are a winner for most skin colors.

vintageroses

I think i'll be getting Cyndi, because gaga is a really loud & bold colour & i don't think i can pull it off!
ssad.gif

I think cyndi would look FABULOUS with cremesheen : double dare!
greengrin.gif
so gonna try that out! & will tell you guys how it goes! :) yays

Inamorata

Gaga is lovely! I just got both - without swatching first - and I tried on gaga and I don't wanna take it off to try Cyndi!! Gaga is GORGEOUS!!

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
Neither. I tried both at the counter and passed.

I agree... Neither were very pleasing on me.

bobbiedoll03

I am in love with the Viva glam cyndi after wearing it quite a few times. Here are some pics of me with it on. For reference I am NC45-50