W.O.C. Favorite NYX

makeuptianna

Im almost scared to admit that I'm alittle curious about this company and its products! What are your favorite NYX products? Please share photos if you have them

NC50 allday!!
yahoo.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

NYX has good value cosmetics in a great variety of colors--must admit the person that skips on this brand because of the small price tag is out of the loop.

I have a few eyeshadows I treasure:
th_worship.gif
heart.gif
Morocco-A deep saturated violet-blurple (blue-purple) MUST HAVE!
Atlantic- Medium blue
th_worship.gif
Deep Space-Grey-periwinkle, I blend bold colors out with this sometimes
Star-Light silver with periwinkle glitter here and there
Black-Matte black
White-Matte White
Gray- Matte Gray
Cream Cheese-Soft pearly vanilla
Brown-Perfect neutral, mimics deep skintones
Hawaiian Coffee-Pretty blue based brown
Sunrise-Cherry red with gold shimmer
Africa-Orange matte with gold micro glitter, doubles as a blush with a light hand
And I think I have Opal-White blue duochrome

All their shadows are velvetly soft btw in feel and milling, so if you should be rough and drop your palette or depot them they can die kinda easily.

th_worship.gif
Golden Amber-Gold Micro glitter loaded matte brown, love as liner on neutral days
Red Bean Pie-Soft, shimmery maroon

Then I really like the lipglosses too:
Barbie Pink (looks bold in the tube)-Sheered hot pink
Desert-Brown shimmer leaning toward, plum-great neutral
Cosmo-Plum-brown shimmer
Plush Red (looks bold in the tube)-Sheered red
th_worship.gif
heart.gif
Gold-Yellow gold shimmer, I really like wearing this with teal eyes-total mermaid/peacock girl

Wish I had their black lipgloss, RIP dear discontinued gloss.

Edit: Forgot to mention I own, NYX Round lipstick in "NYX"-metallic orange w/ gold shimmer. It's pretty gorge with Nice to Be Nice l/g from MAC's HK and Gold l/g from NYX together!

Lovey99

I have seen a lot of great looks using NYX products, but I have not had much success. I find the quality and pigmentation of most of the products subpar.

I do, however, enjoy the NYX Jumbo eyepencil in Milk.

Goat Goat Etc.

Milk is also great, but you have to have a even spread of it on the eye of else it will crease. But it's one of the most common jumbo pencils you hear about because it is a really good white base and inner eye light. It's not clown paint white btw, it's like you did a wash of white chalk. Totally not threatening.

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Milk is also great, but you have to have a even spread of it on the eye of else it will crease. But it's one of the most common jumbo pencils you hear about because it is a really good white base and inner eye light. It's not clown paint white btw, it's like you did a wash of white chalk. Totally not threatening.

Thank you for your opinion~~
yes.gif

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I have seen a lot of great looks using NYX products, but I have not had much success. I find the quality and pigmentation of most of the products subpar.

Thank you for you opinion
yes.gif

Morena.Doll

Okay this is going to be a long list!
smiles.gif
lol

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils
NYX Single Eyeshadows (Morroco is my top favorite! Gorgeous purple blue-ish color)
NYX Trios (Some are WAY better than others!)
NYX Doll Eye Mascara

NYX Powder Blushes (Love them all!)
NYX Cream Blushes

NYX Round Lipstick
NYX Black Label Lipstick
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss
NYX Round Lip Gloss

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morena.Doll
Okay this is going to be a long list!
smiles.gif
lol

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils
NYX Single Eyeshadows (Morroco is my top favorite! Gorgeous purple blue-ish color)
NYX Trios (Some are WAY better than others!)
NYX Doll Eye Mascara

NYX Powder Blushes (Love them all!)
NYX Cream Blushes

NYX Round Lipstick
NYX Black Label Lipstick
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss
NYX Round Lip Gloss

Thank u and I will look out for this when I visit Ulta
choochoo.gif

Boasorte

Why are u scared to admit that? NYX is the business!!!
Best drugstore brand I've ever tried.
Love their eyeliners,lipliners, and single eyeshadows.
Hate their trio shadows.
Never really tried their blushes, but they do look really good when I see them in shop!

Curly1908

NYX lip pencils and lipglosses are on the same level of quality as MAC's. I haven't tried one that I didn't like. The glosses have medium-to-full pigmentation depending on how many swipes you apply, and many of the colors are MAC dupes (e.g. Kiss = Viva Glam V, Vamp Red = Moistly, etc.). Their brushes are pretty darn good for the price too.

I'm curious...why are you scared to try this line? Do you purchase makeup to enhance your own beauty or to impress others that you can afford XYZ brand?

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
Why are u scared to admit that? NYX is the business!!!
Best drugstore brand I've ever tried.
Love their eyeliners,lipliners, and single eyeshadows.
Hate their trio shadows.
Never really tried their blushes, but they do look really good when I see them in shop!

You are right! I will make sure to checkout NYX when I got to Ulta on Friday! I never really played around with other companies other than M.A.C. but I will for now on!!!! I have a couple of the jumbo pencils but I will checkout the other stuff!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I'm curious...why are you scared to try this line? Do you purchase makeup to enhance your own beauty or to impress others that you can afford XYZ brand?

I've always wondered that about some people as well. I just think it's sad when people look down on other brands that aren't high end ( not directed at the OP, this is me just saying in general)
th_dunno.gif

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
NYX lip pencils and lipglosses are on the same level of quality as MAC's. I haven't tried one that I didn't like. The glosses have medium-to-full pigmentation depending on how many swipes you apply, and many of the colors are MAC dupes (e.g. Kiss = Viva Glam V, Vamp Red = Moistly, etc.). Their brushes are pretty darn good for the price too.

I will be trying this brand more often when I visit Ulta! Thanks for the comment! I will look into these colors as well!!

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I've always wondered that about some people as well. I just think it's sad when people look down on other brands that aren't high end ( not directed at the OP, this is me just saying in general)
th_dunno.gif

Until I found youtube and doing some online research I only purchased M.A.C, Estee Lauder and Lo'real! Now, I'm finding other companies and liking what they have as well! No "ONE COMPANY" justifies me or my money! I do wanna venture out so thats what I'm going to do! Thanks for the comment!
mac_haul.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Sometimes you can find a larger assortment of NYX for cheaper at a beauty/hair supply store. I get all my NYX from one--two-three in town--Ulta's prices and selections suck.

makeuptianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Sometimes you can find a larger assortment of NYX for cheaper at a beauty/hair supply store. I get all my NYX from one--two-three in town--Ulta's prices and selections suck.

Forreal? Thanks for that information forreal! I'm so going to do that in the AM.....HOLLA!!!
choochoo.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuptianna
Forreal? Thanks for that information forreal! I'm so going to do that in the AM.....HOLLA!!!
choochoo.gif

Seriously, one of these hair and beauty supply places had everything by NYX excluding the traincases, bags, makeup sets, eyelashes, e/s base, nail stuff, palettes, and fold out client chair---but even without that there was still way too much!

blazeno.8

I really like NYX. It's just not that easy for me to get to it (outlet stores) and by time I usually do, I'm so exhausted from shopping that I don't want to buy anything. The two things that I have from them I love. I have Lime eyeshadow single and Peach. Peach is GORGEOUS and because I got that one, I decided not to get Motif from MAC.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99

Ditto: I also like the Jumbo eye Pencils in Black Bean, Purple, Pots&Pans, and Horseraddish. I also like the Brush-on gloss in Fusion, and a couple of the round tube lipsticks. But their eyeshadows? Meh.