Warehouse sales?

ladynpink

Does anyone know if any Mac/Estee Lauder warehouse sales happeing this year...and where?...I know there are many in other countries...I would like to know thanks

te.amo.mac

OMG, if MAC has a sale i will so be there but im not sure how likely that is considering the fact that i have never heard of MAC having a sale before.

BlahWah

I believe they happen every year, but you need to have an invite, or know someone who gets an invite but doesn't want them.
winks.gif

labwom

I read on another board a few years ago that there is an Estee Lauder warehouse in Canada that always has one every year.

Dark_Phoenix

They are by invite only. As far as I know, actual employees of Estee Lauder Corporation are invited and allowed to invite guests. The only "warehouse" I know of is in NY although there are most likely others near factories, I've heard of a sale in Hauppauge b/c Estee Lauder has a factory there.

EDIT: I used the magical google. This turned up on a site:

Closed Door Sale" at Estee Lauder Warehouse - July 23rd [2005, the last update of this page was 2005]

The Employee Activities Council has tickets for a "Closed Door" sale for invited guests at the Estee Lauder Warehouse at 90 Nicon Court, Hauppauge. There is no fee to attend this private sale. All Estee Lauder products are sold at discount prices and are not to be re-sold. Your neighbors and/or friends are invited. Please call Dorothy Kutzin at 632-6040 if you would like some tickets. There are many individual items as well as great gift sets.

This may not be the same as a warehouse but I've found good deals at Prime outlets. The Cosmetic Company Store a division of Estee Lauder and carries MAC products. Sometimes the selection is not that big but for a newbie addict like me it's a great help. I've gotten some great deals on brushes and discontinued quads.

www.primeoutlets.com

spartan_shades

It all depends on the Prime Outlet malls you visit. I visited the one in Niagara Falls on Military Rd. and I found the selection there to not be as great.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
So could you just ask a SA/MA that you are buddy buddy with for one?

I believe some people have done that before. I might try that this year, since I've gotten to know the girls at the counter better. They'll probably have others (family members, friends) who are asking the same thing, tho, so don't count on it too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwom
I read on another board a few years ago that there is an Estee Lauder warehouse in Canada that always has one every year.

Iirc there's one in Markham, Ontario, which I think is where head/regional office is.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I believe some people have done that before. I might try that this year, since I've gotten to know the girls at the counter better. They'll probably have others (family members, friends) who are asking the same thing, tho, so don't count on it too much!

I am assuming there are only a few warehouse in the States though. How do you know if you state or region has one?