wat do u use ur kabuki brush for?

~Crystal~

I would say yes if you tend to use powder foundations or something of the sort. I mainly use mine for applying my foundation (MSFN) though I have used it with other powder foundations before.

Other than foundation though, I find that it's very helpful when it comes to buffing things out (if i've accidently applied a product in a harsh line/too dark), and blending things in. Nothing beats the 182 kabuki at that... unless you're counting the 181 baby which also does a decent job, though it isn't as soft!

Hmmm.. what else... I mainly use it for perfecting the face. It's really very useful if you use lots of powders. If you tend to go more for the liquids/creams, i'd suggest the 187 though. I use my 182 kabuki to put on foundation... then to buff everything in together smoothly once I've got my blush etc on... and just to smooth everything out in general. It gives a nice softly blended look
smiles.gif

Kayteuk

This is going to sound dumb. But whats a kabuki brush?! Never heard the term before....Maybe cause its called something else in the UK.

I have the 187 brush, is that what it is?

~Crystal~

a kabuki brush is a short full brush that... according to my brother... looks somewhat like a mushroom =\

You can find it on the MAC website (#182). The 187 is the stippling brush that's good for use on very pigmented products (and many other things hehe). the 182 is more for buffing things out, blending etc. They're very different brushes... the 187 picks up a small amount of product and allows you to control its intensity and application more closely, whereas if the 182 were to be used for the same thing, you'd end up with a huge extremely dark streak of whatever the pigmented powder you were using was.

I use the 182 to fix those mistakes... to blend and buff out the harsh lines and soften the intensity
smiles.gif

Here's the MAC description of the 182 brush: A full, dome-shaped brush of extra soft goat hair. Specially created to flawlessly blend powder onto the skin for an immaculate polished finish. Excellent for all M·A·C powders and pigments.

FiestyFemme

I think you can get use out of a kabuki if you don't wear minerals. Like Crystal said, it's great for buffing powders out and really just giving a finished look to the face. Honestly though, if I didn't wear minerals, I'd probably go for the 187 over the 182. I get a lot more use out of my skunk brush.

knoxydoll

I have three kabukies. I love them for blushers and MSFs or powders. They're great for buffing and blending in anything. I don't use mineral makeup so I use it for other stuff.

onezumi

I use mine for blending my liquid foundation with my concealer and blending my bronzer and blush together!
greengrin.gif

Is nice! I really like my cheap one..I'll be getting MAC one soon.

Simply Elegant

I use it to apply and blend powder foundation, apply highlighter, blend brush, for applying bronzer. It's a really useful brush and definitely one of my favourites.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I mainly used it to blend:

concealer
foundation
MSFs
Powder Blush

iagree.gif

CantAffordMAC

I use mine to buff out harsh lines. And if I put on too much blush...I use a kabuki to try to buff it out. I also use my kabuki to put on my blot powder. And blend my foundation into my jawline.

Woot woot

pahblov

I have the 180, which is now disc, but it's sort of like a kabuki, and I use it almost exclusively for blending out my contour and my blush! It's also really good if I go a little too heavy handed on anything, to pick up some of the colour...and recently I've been using it for my Skinsheen.

anshu7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
to apply my blot pressed powder and blend brushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by onezumi
I use mine for blending my liquid foundation with my concealer and blending my bronzer and blush together!
greengrin.gif

Is nice! I really like my cheap one..I'll be getting MAC one soon.

which ones do u guys use?