We all make mistakes

laperle

Ok, it's easy to ruin your FOTD.

Start with a very nice make up and when you're about to finish, grab an old miserable glitter in gel and try to pull the disco glitter challenge.
thmbdn.gif

It ruined my make up! It was so nice this time. And soft. I rarely do good softs.

Now, you can see the glitter mess. And the bad lighting (I've changed both usual place and camera settings), and the critical poses...

I'm posting it here as a sign of our mistakes. Even with the best of intentions, we all make mistakes. Hopefully, we learn from them.

F109.jpg

FACE

B&C Skin Perfect Make Up Base
Diorskin Forever
Sana Pore Putty Concealer
Scinic Secret Veil Blooming Powder
Bourjois Delice de Poudre Highlighter
Clio Art Blusher in Light Brown

EYES
Originally
Artdeco Eyeshadow Base
Brassy f/l
Goldmine e/s
Brun e/s
Bronze e/s
Dipdown f/l
PUPA Luminys e/s in #05
Kanebo Tiffa Gold/Silver Glittering Shadow
Lancome Virtuose Mascara
THAT GLITTER GEL CRAP in gold and fuschia.

BROWS
Cyber Colors eye pencil in Dark Grey

LIPS
Brown l/p
L'Oreal Glam Shine in Gem Crystal
THAT GLITTER GEL CRAP in light pink

F110.jpg

F111.jpg

F112.jpg

F113.jpg

Enough!

ssad.gif

Thanks for sharing this nightmare with me.
cutey.gif

MzzRach

Oh my dear it's not that bad!! And I love your photos, you are having fun with this and I love your attitude. I love the third pic especially, you have such a great smile.

And I think you are brilliant for sharing this. We do all make mistakes, and we all learn from each other. It's a beautiful thing.

xo

pat

i love that you're still able to laugh at yourself!

I bet if all that glitter wasn't on your eyes, it would have looked gorgeous!

TISH1124

I am not a fan of glitter...But girl you are so cute and the pictures are so great! The 3rd pic and the last one are just fabulous shots of you! Your expressions made me smile so much!!
th_wink3.gif
You are so damn adorable, glittered up and all!

Amaranth

I have DEFINITELY done worse and still went out in public like that. I like the point you're trying to make though, it can be discouraging for new/beginner-level members of Specktra to come on here and see all the great FOTDs. All they see is the good, so I guess sometimes it can seem like no one ELSE makes mistakes. Which is not true at all! I hope what I said makes sense, I didn't quite know how to word it.

But thanks for posting this! I actually really like that lip colour...not sure how it looked in real life with the glitter, but the colour itself is pretty.

lafemmenoir

Sweet Cherub,
My best pictures are way worse than your worst. You are always so sweet faced and lovely
smiles.gif

laperle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
I have DEFINITELY done worse and still went out in public like that. I like the point you're trying to make though, it can be discouraging for new/beginner-level members of Specktra to come on here and see all the great FOTDs. All they see is the good, so I guess sometimes it can seem like no one ELSE makes mistakes. Which is not true at all! I hope what I said makes sense, I didn't quite know how to word it.

But thanks for posting this! I actually really like that lip colour...not sure how it looked in real life with the glitter, but the colour itself is pretty.

I agree. I feel intimidated when I'm about to post mine... I always check if there's a snowkei, Amaranth, MissChiveous, Nireyna, etc going on before I post. I feel sooooo amateuresque and crazy/stupid. It took me a long time even to post a comment here at Specktra.
Now, I feel at home, but well... It's still hard to face the world with so many very talented people out there.

hotpink1326

No one should ever be intimidated to post here on Specktra, though... its kinda scarey posting your pictures for all to comment on but you'll never know what has to be improved if you dont. Nobodys gonna start off as good as some of the people that you mentioned but the more you post... the better you'll get. Im sure youve noticed that already! I think youre beautiful & improve with each post
smiles.gif
Even though this may be "too glittery" for some... i think it photographed AWESOME! Your pictures are so cute today
smiles.gif
Anyway, i didnt mean to ramble but all & all... its great that youre feeling "right at home" here. Its easy to do with such sweet people around here!!!

MzzRach

I totally relate - it is very intimidating to post when there are seriously scary talented people here! One of the wonderful things about Specktra is that we can learn from and inspire each other, no matter what "level of expertise" we may or may not be at.

That being said - I personally think you have a lot of talent & artistry. More important, you are a lovely human being, inside and out. x

User93

I like your attitude, how creative and fun you are gata. Really, your mind is soo creative. Dont throw tomatoes at me, and dont scream I have bad taste, but I dont think its THAT bad, I mean, not an everyday look, but for a club or something would be cool... I've ruined my make-up so many times, especially when I had nice soft make-up and started applying really darl matte color in the outer crease turning myself into panda. And yeah, as that dark color could also have glitter, it would be all over my cheecks (just DONT use Nouba black e's with glitters, lesson learned. You're linda no matter what you do to yourself
th_hug.gif

laperle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
I like your attitude, how creative and fun you are gata. Really, your mind is soo creative. Dont throw tomatoes at me, and dont scream I have bad taste, but I dont think its THAT bad, I mean, not an everyday look, but for a club or something would be cool... I've ruined my make-up so many times, especially when I had nice soft make-up and started applying really darl matte color in the outer crease turning myself into panda. And yeah, as that dark color could also have glitter, it would be all over my cheecks (just DONT use Nouba black e's with glitters, lesson learned. You're linda no matter what you do to yourself
th_hug.gif

I
bigheart.gif
you, Nita

th_kiss.gif

It's not even about being ugly or not. It's about making a bad call and add something when you already have an OK look. Especially, when we add more and more, trying to correct.
th_LMAO.gif
Well, at least, we keep trying!
yahoo.gif

itsjusstbeth

Aw, you still look great! And that gold (I'm guessing it's Goldmine over Brassy?) is amazing...I have to try that combo!

Kayteuk

Practice makes perfect! Its nice to see people who often have the most beautiful FOTD's can make mistakes too :) its nice for newbies like me to see Lol!

Keep up the good work! I love your FOTD's.

M.A.C. head.

LMAO! You're such a goof!

Yes, we all have our F***K UPS! I sometimes get a little TOO mad when I mess up, like a couple weeks ago when I messed up my liner and so I just scribbled all over my face with it. Good times hahahahaha.