Wearing Lipstick

LoriQ

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. If it is forgive me. I was wondering when you wear lipstick or lip gloss do you remove your lipstick or lip gloss when you are about to eat? Whether you are home or eating in a restaurant what is the proper etiquette?

Copperhead

I'm pretty sure I saw erine1888, I think it was her, say she does this. Removes her lipstick to eat. I haven't done it though.

sagehen

I don't remove mine. I do eat carefully. The only time I remove completely is when I need to touch up a very matte shade and need a little lip prep first.

LoriQ

I don't remove mine. I do eat carefully. The only time I remove completely is when I need to touch up a very matte shade and need a little lip prep first.
Oh ok thank-you! I usually only wear lip gloss so I guess it would be ok to leave it on then?

sagehen

I would say so. I never notice anyone doing it when I have meals with others, and it is considered poor etiquette to do that at the table. Like I just say, I just notice myself and others wearing makeup eating carefully not to mess up the lips.

LavenderPearl

Wait, it's poor etiquette to wipe off your lip product when you're about to eat? o_O; I've made it a habit to remove mine before I eat, just because I feel like I'm ingesting less of the product that way. Plus it's really annoying when your lip color gets all around your food (I have a habit of eating sandwiches, subs, and the like, so there's really no other option). No one's ever said anything to me before about it xD

Copperhead

I was never sure what the etiquette was for removing lipstick at the table (probably because I don't remove my lipstick) but I always figured it was poor etiquette to APPLY it at the table.

LoriQ

I was never sure what the etiquette was for removing lipstick at the table (probably because I don't remove my lipstick) but I always figured it was poor etiquette to APPLY it at the table.
I have read that it used to be considered poor etiquette to apply lipstick at the table but it's not anymore so I don't know lol

Beryl

Over here and I am in EU ladies usually do not do makeup and or lipstick at a dinner table in a restaurant. Just a quick look in a compact mirror and if anything needs a touch they go to the ladies room . And I have never seen people remove lipstick prior to eating here.

LoriQ

Over here and I am in EU ladies usually do not do makeup and or lipstick at a dinner table in a restaurant. Just a quick look in a compact mirror and if anything needs a touch they go to the ladies room . And I have never seen people remove lipstick prior to eating here.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!