Wedding make up inspiration!

*K_87*

Hi all,

I'm getting married in September, and will most likely do my own make up (I will book a trial first at MAC of course!)

However, I'm completly stumped as to what colours I want etc. I don't want something that looks really natural, I'm not used to wearing toned down make up, so wouldn't want something like that for my wedding day. On the other hand, my usual clubbing make up is probably a bit toooo much lol.

If it helps, I've got green eyes, dark brown hair and will be an NC35 with fake tan on. Any help and inspiration pics would be fab.

Thanks
cheerleader.gif

fieran

Hmm, I'd suggest a classy brown/goldish smokey eye. There are three ways to get this:

1. With MAC eyeshadows of your choice (like Mulch with Woodwinked or something) and Buried Treasure eyeliner (this is more blackish but it's beautiful for a classy smokey eye)
2. Chanel's Tentations Cuivree eyeshadow quad or similar shades as this quad gives me (NW43) a nice elegant brown look. On you it will definitely look a little more dramatic.
3. This is quite fool-proof and you can do it in a jiffy: NARS Cordoura duo with your favourite crease colour. Cordoura is a beautiful duo that is very blendable and has a buttery texture.

I think wedding makeup should be classic so you won't cringe when you look at your photographs years down the line :)

Good luck!

*K_87*

Thanks, I was leaning either towards the browns or grey/silver. I know what you mean about timeless- as much as I love doing a purple smoky eye it will probably date.

baghdad81

Sorry I haven't figured out how to post pics and write in the same post but the above picture was my wedding makeup done at MAC and I too wanted a not natural browny taupey kinda look but something more vibrant etc...and so this is what my wonderful artist achieved!

*K_87*

Wow, that's stunning! Do you remember what colours were used? Would you mind if I printed that off and took it into MAC?

baghdad81

Hey there, of course not! I think the colors they used at my trial were phloof!, shale and carbon and maybe contrast. she was supposed to use naked pigment but they didn't have any so she used glitter!

Face: mineralize satinfinish foundation, primer without spf15, and i think strobe.

Pinch O'Peach

Angel lipstick and plink! in the middle of the lip!

Tons of mascara and lashes and I requested that they use blacktrack for my liner!

HTH!