wedding pricing for out of state/long distance

yummy411

I'm considering taking on a makeup job/wedding out of state. how do you guys charge? i'm considering travel & lodging plus my day rate. What terms need to be considered? touch ups all day for the entire party, products to give to the bride (i give samples in a bridal touch up pack now), a meal break (30 mins), start and finish time? i want to make terms clear, so there's no misunderstanding and i won't feel taken advantage of in the end?

sorry if this is a duplicate posts. i've been reading thru threads and the search feature isn't as accurate.

TIA guys!

Travel and Lodging should absolutely be added.

For the service itself you can either charge your day rate or charge a per head rate plus and hourly... If you are going to be there for the whole day with the bride, it is up to you to furnish a touch-up kit... she does have you after all. Instead of the touch up kit, I may gift her whatever lipstick she chose during the trial. They like to have 'getting ready' pics especially putting on their lipstick in a mirror.

Start and finish time should always be on your contracts. Also, if they say such and such end time, make sure to disclose an over-time per hour fee. This way they cannot take advantage of you because if you are packing up at let's say 8pm and someone wants a touch up at 830 while you are still there (packing up of course), then you can either refuse or that person has to pay the over-time cost.

As for meal break, I personally rarely worry about that. I always bring snacks and water to tide me over. Although if you will be at the reception, it is normal for the wedding meal to be given to you as well. You will not be busy every single minute, so sneaking in a meal should not be an issue. Just make sure that there is an area designated for you and your kit (set-up). If they are providing the meal, you will have a seat at a table. Re-iterate to the entire bridal party, that if they need a touch-up and you are eating, that it is not a problem to interupt you... some people feel uncomfortable doing so. Always be available to them.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, feel free to ask!

yummy411

thanks so much for your response! i've been looking over and under every where! ;) i found a few tips but this helps more.

FacesbyNiki

Travel and Lodging should absolutely be added.

For the service itself you can either charge your day rate or charge a per head rate plus and hourly... If you are going to be there for the whole day with the bride, it is up to you to furnish a touch-up kit... she does have you after all. Instead of the touch up kit, I may gift her whatever lipstick she chose during the trial. They like to have 'getting ready' pics especially putting on their lipstick in a mirror.

Start and finish time should always be on your contracts. Also, if they say such and such end time, make sure to disclose an over-time per hour fee. This way they cannot take advantage of you because if you are packing up at let's say 8pm and someone wants a touch up at 830 while you are still there (packing up of course), then you can either refuse or that person has to pay the over-time cost.

As for meal break, I personally rarely worry about that. I always bring snacks and water to tide me over. Although if you will be at the reception, it is normal for the wedding meal to be given to you as well. You will not be busy every single minute, so sneaking in a meal should not be an issue. Just make sure that there is an area designated for you and your kit (set-up). If they are providing the meal, you will have a seat at a table. Re-iterate to the entire bridal party, that if they need a touch-up and you are eating, that it is not a problem to interupt you... some people feel uncomfortable doing so. Always be available to them.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, feel free to ask!
I agree with all of this!

I did a wedding in Mexico last September!

Latest posts