What are the Best OPI Nail Polish Colors?

gildedangel

I searched for this topic but I couldn't find it.
th_dunno.gif
OPI seems to be the overall brand of choice, and I am on a nail polish kick. What colors from them do you think are best? Descriptions of the colors are appreciated as well. I thought that it might be a good idea to compile a list of everyone's faves here.
yes.gif

Kayteuk

I love:-

Hey! Get in Lime!
My private jet
Dress to Empress

My top 3
smiles.gif
I haven't tried that many colours but those ones really stood out for me.

claralikesguts

Cozu-melted in the Sun (something like that?)- it's an intensely shimmery and glittery coral. i LOVE it on my toes.
Dulce de Leche- a creamy nude pink. perfect formula, and completely opaque in 2 coats. my go-to 'neutral' color.

euphrosyne_rose

So far my faves are:

Nice Color Eh? - a shimmery deep brick red that is my HG red for my toes
Yoga-Ta Get This Blue - a beautiful slightly shimmery inky/navy blue
Nomad's Dream - a shimmery pinky mauve that has some minty green iridescence
Who Needs A Prince? - an iridescent milky pink white that is perfect when you want something somewhat neutral and not over the top

Now, just an FYI on the OPI line by Sephora-- last year for Halloween I bought this color called Never Enough Shoes and it's black with silver/gold glitter in it. I loved the color when I put it on and I used a base coat, 2 coats of polish AND a top coat (which I put on in the evening and let it dry completely before I did ANYTHING) and by the middle of the afternoon the NEXT DAY, it had already chipped in several places. This is the ONLY color I've gotten from Sephora so that has turned me off of trying any of the other colors even though there's some new blues and greens I'd love to try. If anyone has had better luck with the Sephora line, please let me know or give me some tips!

Hope this helps!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Peachess

Since it is Summer I'm all about the Neons, Bolds & Brights

* Call My Cell-ery
* Pool-Time Lime
* My Fave Wave
* Ocean Love Potion

Those have been my 4 OPI Favs...so far this Summer.

For euphrosyne_rose. I have that issue with some of OPI & china glaze polishes...the only thing I have ever found to stop it from happening is I do the Seche base coat, at least 2 polish coats depending on the color, I use Seche for my top coat & then I seal it all in with CND's Dry & Shine (Creative Nail Design). For some reason that combo always does the trick. CND has discontinued this product...why I'll never have a clue! cuz it is super item...but, you can still find it from online sites. I highly recommend it for toes too...it really stops the fading & chipping I hope this will be of help to you
smiles.gif

NutMeg

You should try to check out some nail blogs, like Scrangie and ALU. You can search them for OPI and view pictures of many different polishes. I find it really helpful to see good quality pictures of a nail polish before I buy it.

Shadowy Lady

I agree with Megs, def check out some nail blogs. I posted my favourites in the other thread (nail polish wars), but here's a bigger list for you. I'm NW30 for reference.

- Cozu Melted in the Sun
- Dutch Tulip
- Russian Navy
- My Private Jet
- Parlez vous OPI?
- Banana Bandanna
- An Affair in Red Square
- Princess Rules

Lndsy

My favourites right now:

No room for the blues
Red Hot Ayers Rock
My Private Jet
Dating a Royal
Green-wich Village
Miami Beet

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachess
For euphrosyne_rose. I have that issue with some of OPI & china glaze polishes...the only thing I have ever found to stop it from happening is I do the Seche base coat, at least 2 polish coats depending on the color, I use Seche for my top coat & then I seal it all in with CND's Dry & Shine (Creative Nail Design). For some reason that combo always does the trick. CND has discontinued this product...why I'll never have a clue! cuz it is super item...but, you can still find it from online sites. I highly recommend it for toes too...it really stops the fading & chipping I hope this will be of help to you
smiles.gif

I can't say I've had issues with China Glazes yet but so far I've only used that brand on my toes. I'll definitely try your tip, though b/c some of the new Sephora OPI colors for summer are so pretty. Mermaid type colors I would say and there's a shimmery yellow I want to try too! Thanks!

Juxtapose

Pompeii Purple--love love love. The most perfect fushia color I've come across. The sheen is hard to describe. It's an amazing pink and purple sheen, but its got a shine to it that just makes it so unique. Some colors come close to being dupes for it like China Glaze's Caribbean Temptation, but not close enough. I can't say enough good things about this color
smiles.gif

BeautyPsycho

Oh, so many... I'll name just a few I can think of right now.

The thrill of Brazil- sexiest creme red ever, bright, fun, gorgeous!
Malaga Wine- creme as well, gorgeous classy red, not too bright or dark.
Romeo & Joliet- brownish red, shimmer. It's nothing special in the pics I've seen so far but IRL it's stunning! Very elegant.
My chihuahua bites! bright red-orange coral, very fun, especially for summer. It's not neon and it's not over the top, very wearable. Another creme.
Purple with a purpose- a true purple! It has some shimmer and it's somewhat frosted I'd say but really, really pretty. This one always gets compliments.
Tickle my France-y- This is the perfect nude, however it's not boring and "just another nude", it's really special somehow. I can't really describe it, you just have to see it for yourself.
greengrin.gif

All of these also have great formula, they are easy to apply, very pigmented and long wearing.

Peachess

There will be more colours to
bigheart.gif
soon!

OPI will release their Fall Collection called España on August 5th 2009. I don't have the Colour Sheet yet as I only got my email note to come in & do my advaced ordering. I plan to hit my Pro Supply on Friday...I'll post the Colour names after & if I can get a Colour Chart...I'll scan it & post it also. From the small image I received the Colours look to be very deep & rich...I can't wait...
th_DANCE.gif

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachess
There will be more colours to
bigheart.gif
soon!

OPI will release their Fall Collection called España on August 5th 2009. I don't have the Colour Sheet yet as I only got my email note to come in & do my advaced ordering. I plan to hit my Pro Supply on Friday...I'll post the Colour names after & if I can get a Colour Chart...I'll scan it & post it also. From the small image I received the Colours look to be very deep & rich...I can't wait...
th_DANCE.gif

That's awesome, please post pics as soon as you can! Have you heard anything about their matte collection? I know what colours are going to be released but I am kind of ticked that you can't put top or base coat, drying products, or hand lotions on when you use them. Do you know if they are any good?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
That's awesome, please post pics as soon as you can! Have you heard anything about their matte collection? I know what colours are going to be released but I am kind of ticked that you can't put top or base coat, drying products, or hand lotions on when you use them. Do you know if they are any good?

There are swatches of both OPI Spain and Matte collections on Scrangie's blog. Here's a link:

Scrangie

sunshine16

Easily my favourite polish of all time is OPI done out in deco
It's a completely gorgeous lilac, i know that sounds not that nice, but it really is.
It's a creme finish.

It's so unique but not so unusual you feel weird wearing it.

It's just perfection in a bottle for me, i wear it all the time. Gorgeous summer colour, however i live in Australia and it's the middle of winter here and i'm still wearing it.. i think cause it's purple it can still be a winter colour but then because it's pale it feels summery too.

Haha, okay just rambled A LOT! Sorry!

Latest posts