What are your fav Milani e/s??

MsButterfli

i love flare (coppering), clover, spice, sheer sand (shroom), sun goddess (amber lights), java bean (mulch), golden bronze, storm (similar to black tied)

the name in parenthesis are the MAC equivalents

hope this helps

MiCHiE

Isn't Java Bean closer to Twinks than Mulch? Or somewhere in between? I know a lot of posters have said Mulch, but when I swatched it, it looked darker.

xiahe

i really like moonlight (dupe of MAC vellum - i use it to highlight), garden mist (dupe of MAC juxt - the pigmentation isn't that great tho
ssad.gif
), storm (dupe of MAC black tied), fiji flower, sea angel, snow frost, java bean & shock (apparently very similar to MAC stars n' rockets).

yoonjungifer

Gosh, I can never find any Milani stuff at my local Walgreens or Target. They're always raided! I was lucky enough to buy Storm. I also have 2 greens (I forgot the names and I don't have 'em with me) and a purple. Now if I could just find a store that has them I'd buy them all and depot them!

I'm actually thinking about just ordering online now... ~_~

BunnyBunnyBunny

I used to have a few, one that resembled Electric Eel (which broke and I replaced with Electric Eel), a purple called Shock, a quad of a few purples, and Storm. I threw them all away. I recently got Storm again and I love it! I have Black Tied, and Storm is much softer and much blacker. I think that the glitter shows up better with Black Tied though, for some reason.

Showgirl

I have a few Milani e/s and the best ones I think are:-

Java Bean - don't know what MAC shadow it's most like (I ain't exactly a HUGE fan of brown e/s, this one's my stape) but it's VERY rich and pigmented

Moonlight - IMHO actually has a BETTER texture than Vellum

Warm Beige - lovely shimmery cream, apparently a dupe for Shroom (which again I don't have)

Garden Mist is beautiful, but very sheer. I recommend it if you have brown or hazel eyes just to lay down a subtle veil of eye-brightening green on your lid. There ARE more pigmented greens out there, but I still consider it cute and well worth having.

Clover apparently is a good dupe for "Humid", it's a nice shadow, a dark shimmer green.

"Enchantment" is a purple/blue duochrome that's a good dupe for Urban Decay Asphyxia, but actually I find it goes on easier than the UD product (which for some reason, just refuses to show on my lids).

"Shock" is indeed a dupe for Stars and Rockets, but much more glittery and LOTS and LOTS more sheer - in this case, I would actually recommend shelling out the extra cash for the Mac product if you think that this is a kind of colour you'd get a lot of use out of... Shock's nice and all, it's just not even half as bright and pigmented as SnR.

Silver Ring is GREAT: I usually can't pull off silvers because my colouring's very warm, but there's a tiny, tiny touch of creaminess to the shade of Silver Ring that makes it look ok on me. Fairly pigmented and quite glittery, its a fun little buy.

Illusion is an unusual shadow; hard to describe; perhaps a weeeeee bit like a poor man's Expensive Pink. It's primarily pink but with gold shimmer duochrome, but it's very, very sheer indeed. Expensive Pink is a lot more pigmented and a lot peachier, whereas Illusion is quite a subtle shadow - I actually use Illusion as a wash with Expensive Pink on the outer third of the eye, they complement each other well. It and Shock are the sheerest of the Milani shadows I own, but I do like Illusion.

HTH

yumemiru

the purple quad is nice, as well as something peachy? can't remember the full name, but very nice for a highlight

entipy

I currently have two Milani shadows: Java Bean and Garden Mist. I *LOVE* Java Bean! Garden Mist is really pretty, but as a couple of other people here said, it does go on pretty sheer. I've had to really dab it on there to get enough color to show up.

AfricanaEyes

Flare is one of my favorities. It really does resemble MAC's "Coopering". I also own a quad that is gorgeous....I think it's Autumn Sunset??

krystalena

I think my favorties are Shock, Moonlight, Sheer Sand, and Garden Mist...i love them all, but these are just my faves.

Also if any of you wonder what they look like i started a milani swatch thread, it was a few of the shadows... i have more i havent done yet...

nelyanaphonexia

I really love Milani, but there are so few places that sell it where I'm at, that I can barely find it, because the places that do sell it are always sold out.
thmbdn.gif

Out of the ones that I do have I love

Shock - although it is more sheer than Stars N Rockets, I love them both. On me there is a subtle difference and I personally wear Stars N Rockets more, but I will always love Shock.

Taffy - a very light pink. I don't have any light pink MAC shadows yet, mostly because I always end up buying dark or bright colors! But Taffy is a nice sheer, light bubblegum pink.
bigheart.gif

Moonlight - very very very pretty reflective white. On me, it seems to look blue sometimes, but it reflects other colors that are around it. Lovely color. I would totally recommended this to anyone.
thmbup.gif

Garden Mist - not sure if this has a dupe in MAC, but I love it regardless. It's a nice light grassy green. More lime than true green. It does take a lot of it to show up on me, but maybe thats cause my skin is slightly...green? Or it's just sheer.
winks.gif

Skyline - its a light sheer true baby blue. shimmery. lovely over moonlight. not sure if it has MAC dupe. Maybe Moon's Reflection? I've never seen MR e/s on...so I have no idea. Just a guess. But I do love skyline! Its pretty and more pigmented than Garden Mist but less so than Atlantis.
yes.gif

and finally my favourite! Atlantis!!!! It's a shockingly bright, amazingly pigmented, smooth matte blue. I suppose it might be duped by Electric Eel. I don't have EE e/s but my guess, is that it might be closer to Clarity e/s because Atlantis is a matte color, and although probably darker than Clarity, Electric Eel is a satin with shimmer.

I actually have swatches of these on my arm right now, but after I did the swatches, I realized that my camera is in pieces. It broke yesterday after I took pics of my latest haul. Soooo sad.
cry.gif

But I hope this helped anyway and if my cam gets fixed I will post pics of the colors I have.
yes.gif

Tashona Helena

Swiss Chocolate, Flare, Golden Bronze, Snow Frost, Clover, Storm (when I'm not struggling with fall out lol), I did a very pretty look with Sungoddess Recently too. The Runway Shadows, I love Bronze Doll. And I swear Carri bean Sea is a Mutiny dupe.

MAChostage

O/T but I wanted to mention/ask: I thought the single, regular Milani e/s had been discontinued? I haven't seen them in over a year (at least where I live) but I was in Orlando over the weekend and saw a ton of them at a Walgreen's! Their display was such that it appears they always carry them. Anyone know the deal with the availability of the single, regular shadows?

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
O/T but I wanted to mention/ask: I thought the single, regular Milani e/s had been discontinued? I haven't seen them in over a year (at least where I live) but I was in Orlando over the weekend and saw a ton of them at a Walgreen's! Their display was such that it appears they always carry them. Anyone know the deal with the availability of the single, regular shadows?

Yeah, weird huh? I was in Tennessee over the weekend and I noticed the exact same thing.

kimmy

flare is badass. i like garden mist and clover alot, too.

machostage, i think milani is trying to convert most of their line to minerals. i heard they are doing away with the old skool single eyeshadow compacts, but because of the success they enjoy they have alot of them, so now they're only trying to get rid of what they've already got. i know they don't really sell the old blushers anymore, just the new mineral formula ones. they're going to stick with similar colours as far as the eyeshadows go, the new ones bare different names though (clover is now shamrock, garden mist is now leaf green, silver bullet is now silver charm, etc.)