what brush to get next??

myystiqueen

so i'm in the process of building myy mac brushes collection...

i've pretty much covered the basics, except for big powder brush (still debating whether to get #134 or #150)
i already have :

i really want to get myy hands on #227 after seeing so many raves.. do you think that brush is really necessary? cuz i already have CS brush that is really similar to that...

and uhm.. i'm planning on getting one more brush soon.. should i get #222 or #227 next??

thanks a lot

Yushimi

I would say #219 lolz. But that's not one of your choices
tong.gif

If you have the #224 I don't think you need the #222. Maybe get the #222 when you got the extra cash.

kariii

I LOVE THE 227!

I use it to put highliter on my under eyes, and on browbone or all over eyelid color. That brush is lovely! Also, you need 219!

blindpassion

227 is a great brush, without a doubt. I personally love the 150 for application of any powder
smiles.gif

Im so glad to see you have the 109!

xxManBeaterxx

I think it depends on what you need! If you need a great highlighing blush, that can blend super harsh lines, and give you a quick wash of color the 227 is your best friend. If you need a small tapered blending blush for your crease the 222 is great. But im sure you'll end up having the whole mac brush collection in no time!

I would choose the 134 over the 150, 134 is like heaven on my skin!

myystiqueen

thank y'all!! really appreciate it...

well... not really, since now i'm getting more and more confused...
lol.gif

but i think i might go with #222...
as xxManBeaterxx said, it depends on what i need.. and i'm in need of a more tapered crease brush for creasework.. since #224 is too big for myy small lid and #226 can't really do that much blending..

and #227 is next after that...

oh.. and i know that everyone's in love with #219.. i don't know why but it doesn't even come across myy mind even once... i only have a brush similar to that and it's not something i reach for everyday... thanks for all the recs guys

inconspicuous

Hey guys! I thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon here and ask for your recommendations.

So far I've got:

226 (oh. my. god.)
AND the HK brush set

So, my MAC brush collection is quite small, and I'm not sure where to expand just yet. I know that I really want the 109 (fullsize) for foundation, and eventually I'll be getting the 134 large powder brush. But I need some eyebrushes.

So can anybody recommend which brush/es I should get for lining, highlighting, packing on colour? And also a good blush brush? (right now I'm using the 187SE that came with Hello Kitty because I don't think it's firm enough for foundation work) And anything else you suggest that I should add to my arsenal?

OH and which lip brush? And a concealer brush haha.

Thanks you guys! xx

panda0410

I've got the 150 and if you can get it I definitely would. I LOVE it for blush and powder application!! This is one of my must have brushes and if I had to cull for whatever reason this brush would NOT be one of them
winks.gif
But this brush is no good for countouring - if you plan to get it make sure you have some angle and buff brushes as well, I see you have the 168 already which is a good thing if you plan to buy the 150
smiles.gif
I just bought the 165 but I plan to go back for the 138 as well!

I think the girls above are right, I dont see a 219 in your list! The 219 is great, this another one of those brushes everyone should have IMHO
greengrin.gif
But if you ever decide to purchase it dont get the SE - they SUCK!!!! I have the 219SE as well as full sized and I would never buy a 219SE again
ssad.gif

I dont have the 222 but I have ordered the 227
winks.gif
hehehe I greatly dislike my 224.... and my 217 has limited use for me. I found the 226 (which just arrived) superior to both of them. Since you already have the 217 and 226 (which really make the others redundant) I would suggest a nice fluff brush and get the 227 instead
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
Hey guys! I thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon here and ask for your recommendations.

So far I've got:

226 (oh. my. god.)
AND the HK brush set

So, my MAC brush collection is quite small, and I'm not sure where to expand just yet. I know that I really want the 109 (fullsize) for foundation, and eventually I'll be getting the 134 large powder brush. But I need some eyebrushes.

So can anybody recommend which brush/es I should get for lining, highlighting, packing on colour? And also a good blush brush? (right now I'm using the 187SE that came with Hello Kitty because I don't think it's firm enough for foundation work) And anything else you suggest that I should add to my arsenal?

OH and which lip brush? And a concealer brush haha.

Thanks you guys! xx

lining is all on preference between the 208, 266, 263, 210, 209

packing on color is def a job for 238 (good for powder) or 242 (good for pigments)

highlighting i love the 227 but you can use the 239 or pretty much any brush lol

blush brush.. 116 or 129. i love the 168 though xD its also a good contour blush!

I think the 109 is essential for foundation!!

as for lip brush mac 316

and for concealer 195